FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

The Last Time Each Spec Has Been in a World First Kill

X9Jv7Nj.jpg

Here's a very interesting set of data, as Velinian took a look at when exactly each of the specs was present at ANY boss World First kill. Now this certainly isn't intended as an assessment of a spec's actual quality, but is an interesting and fun piece of trivia nonetheless (although perhaps not as "fun" for Survival Hunters).

So, most specs do have relatively recent kills, going back a year or two, with the exception of Guardian and Feral Druids, who haven't had the treat of a WF kill in around 4 and 5 years, respectively. And then there's Survival...

Class Spec Boss Date
Death Knight Blood Kel'thuzad July 17th, 2021
  Frost Carapace of N'Zoth February 2nd, 2020
  Unholy Sylvanas July 20th, 2021
Demon Hunter Havoc Sylvanas July 20th, 2021
  Vengeance Sire Denathrius December 23rd, 2020
Druid Balance Sylvanas July 20th, 2021
  Feral Odyn November 11th, 2016
  Guardian Argus December 13, 2017
  Restoration Orgozoa July 18th, 2019
Hunter Beast Master Painsmith Raznal July 15th, 2021
  Marksmanship Sylvanas July 20th, 2021
  Survival Blackhand February 20th, 2015
Mage Arcane Sylvanas July 20th, 2021
  Fire Sire Denathrius December 23rd, 2020
  Frost Kel'Thuzad July 17th, 2021
Monk Brewmaster Sylvanas July 20th, 2021
  Mistweaver Huntsman Altimor December 15th, 2020
  Windwaker Kel'Thuzad July 17th, 2021
Paladin Holy Sylvanas July 20th, 2021
  Protection Sylvanas July 20th, 2021
  Retribution Kel'thuzad July 20th, 2021
Priest Discipline Sylvanas July 20th, 2021
  Holy Eye of the Jailer July 13th, 2021
  Shadow Fatescribe Roh-Kalo July 16th, 2021
Rogue Assassination Remnant of Nerz'hul July 13th, 2021
  Outlaw/Combat Queen's Court July 18th, 2019
  Subtlety Guardian of the First One July 15th 2021
Shaman Elemental The Nine July 13th, 2021
  Enhancement Sylvanas July 20th, 2021
  Restoration Soulrender Dormazain July 13th, 2021
Warlock Affliction Sire Denathrius December 23rd, 2020
  Demonology Sylvanas July 20th, 2021
  Destruction Kel'Thuzad July 17th, 2021
Warrior Arms Sylvanas July 20th, 2021
  Fury N'Zoth February 9th, 2020
  Protection Sire Denathrius December 23rd, 2020

Source.

That's right, Survival hasn't been in a World first kill since Blackhand, back when it was still a ranged class - 6 and a half years ago. The list would probably look even more limited if we were to take a look at only endboss World First kills, so we might take a look at that in the near future as well.

• Thanks 2

Doesn't really shock me that the two outliers (feral and survival) are melee specs in classes that also have a ranged dps option that's usually very strong.

23 minutes ago, MrM said:

Doesn't really shock me that the two outliers (feral and survival) are melee specs in classes that also have a ranged dps option that's usually very strong.

Adding insult to injury, back on Blackhand Survival still was a ranged spec. So melee Survival wasn't on WFs at all.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Prophet001 said:

This is really not as bad as I thought it would be.

My thoughts exactly. Especially given how specific spec comps can be for top end raiding. Although I suspect it's this well balanced due to the author taking ALL World Firsts into consideration and not just the hard ones/last two bosses of a raid.

• Like 1

Yup. Last time we saw survival hunters, was the last expansion they were ranged. Miss you, my sweet black arrow & explosive shot procs.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Arrancar said:

Yup. Last time we saw survival hunters, was the last expansion they were ranged. Miss you, my sweet black arrow & explosive shot procs.

Man, I had so much freaking fun raiding in Mists of Pandaria as Survival Hunter. All of the procs and explodey stuff was just pleasing. I was an orc and transmog'd my gun to be that literal cannon with the lit fuse you get as a green item from one of the earlier entry quests to the expansion.

I never touched melee survival when it came out, bless their hearts.

• Like 2