FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

Tank Kicked from Torghast Group Because of Low RIO Score

59957-classic-torghast-0-score-and-getti

Here's another chapter in the book of insane standards for inane activities! A tank got kicked out of a Torghast group after a "lovely" little conversation between a lower geared DPS and the higher geared tank ended in the lofty requirements not being met.

We've all probably run into this type of situation at one point or another in Mythic+ or a PUG Heroic raid, but I'd wager very very few of us faced it in Torghast of all places. Secretreddname ran into a particularly picky 220 item level blue-geared Mage who really wanted some proper credentials for a layer 12 tower run, and apparently the item level 232 Guardian Druid did not make the cut after the job interview:

3d3pq64r1gg71.jpg
Source.

There's a lot to unpack here, from the "carrying" comment, to the fact that Guardians can basically solo layer 12 with 0 issues, and that little PvP remark that really places this Mage in a special section of the playerbase. Luckily secretreddname managed to make their own group after that and cleared layer 12 without any issues.

Again, while this type of insane "elitism" can be more common in the actually difficult parts of the game, it really has started leaking elsewhere and players have started confusing trying to find skilled players with just being complete and utter assholes for no particular reason other than they think they can. But regardless of your personal skill level and the (perceived or otherwise) lower skill level of applicants you talk to, there's really no excuse for this type of behavior - even if you decide to be a little elitist and hold out for a better player (which is fine), maybe have a thought on how you're talking to another human being.

Also, seriously, it was Torghast.

• Haha 4

This is so messed up.

Had to laugh when I saw the "managed to make his own group" though, considering it's super easy to do, especially as a tank - aka the leader of groups. 

I just make my own groups no matter what I do, just to avoid *filtered* like this.

People like everywhere. Nothing to be bothered around. His team his rules. If you don't want you don't have to play with such people. 

1 hour ago, navysilan said:

His run, his rules

Don't care if he's the top tier raid leader in the world, or the best arena player in the world.

No excuse for acting like a douche, or requiring exorbitant demands for easy content.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Meurik said:

Don't care if he's the top tier raid leader in the world, or the best arena player in the world.

No excuse for acting like a douche, or requiring exorbitant demands for easy content.

He will be douche if kick him without any explanation. 

Anyone can define skill level of others by any thing they feel accurate. 

The large amount of noobs you encounter in every content of this game force you to do such things.

• Confused 1

where is the rest of the chat? im missing the beginning and the end for context. could also have started like tank joinig the grp and calling out the mage for his blue gear and wants him replaced. then mage says his gear is good enough and tank says okaaay and so on. strange that no one questioned that and just took a pitchfork and sides with the tank. doesnt a short text passage screenshot from the middle of the chat doesnt look suspicious to you?

Edited by ResoWho

I'm literally not surprised by this at all.  It's in Raids, Rated PvP, and Keystones.  Does it suck that the mage behaved the way they did?  Yes.  It's sucks for the Druid for not given a chance but it wasn't his group.  But glad that the Druid formed their own party and cleared layer 12.

Will Blizzard break this cycle in their own game?  No, because no matter what Blizzard introduces as a group/challenging content people don't want potential failure when running said content.

This is exactly why Gearscore was removed.

RIO score, just like Gearscore was, is used to judge players in content that's unrelated to it.

Elitism at it's finest.

It's no wonder that KSM sellers are so rampant in Trade Chat. This is a direct result of RIO and unfair uses of it, just like Gearscore promoted players upgrading their gear's item level at the expense of actual stats.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, durdyenglish said:

More reasons to switch to FF14.

You take one niche example as reason to switch ? I guess you need to pause the game. 🙂

b2t:

Since release of Shadowlands i never played Torghast with randoms. I rather go solo and have a nice time, even if it takes longer than to run with randoms. And if friends / guildmates / m+ buddys have time, i take them for Torghast. But to be honest,to make big drama because of one dumb random which want to troll some random players, is it really worth it to start a topic in your NEWS section?

The same counts for every other content of the game. Out of like 100 m+ runs you will allways remember the 5 bad ones, where you got idiots which are online terrorists and trolls and forget at the same time that you had 95 normal runs or even 50 very good runs. (just examples, no big calculated data).

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Baal101 said:

He will be douche if kick him without any explanation. 

Anyone can define skill level of others by any thing they feel accurate. 

The large amount of noobs you encounter in every content of this game force you to do such things.

There are only a large amount of noobs BECAUSE of people like this mage.

They think having numbers on a board are the most important thing: RIO, AotC, iLvl.

Problem is, if it can be bought, then the value of having those is pointless. You need AotC to join? Let me just throw down some gold. Now I can join, but I still don't know the fights. I need a higher RIO to join? Let me buy some runs and get 2k, can I join now? Now my iLvl should be good, after I just bought all those runs and paid for gear stacking. 

The more value people place in arbitrary values that can be easily faked and manipulated, the worse it's making for everybody in the community as a whole. The problem itself has become a Catch-22.

You want more skilled players > Unskilled buy what they need to "prove" it > The value in evidence has gone down, so you up the requirements > Unskilled buy that layer of "proof" as well

So long as people can buy Runs, there will never be any validated proof that one can be a competent player.

Edited by Smash
  • Like 7

The tank person missed out on a golden opportunity, considering the leader was a DPS with terrible gear.

He could just have said "rest of grp, come play with me instead of this douche lead" and leave to reinv ppl for his own grp 🙂 DPS is easy to replace anyway, everyone wins except the idiot 😄

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Starym said:

Here's another chapter in the book of insane standards for inane activities! A tank got kicked out of a Torghast group after a "lovely" little conversation between a lower geared DPS and the higher geared tank ended in the lofty requirements not being met.

We've all probably run into this type of situation at one point or another in Mythic+ or a PUG Heroic raid, but I'd wager very very few of us faced it in Torghast of all places. Secretreddname ran into a particularly picky 220 item level blue-geared Mage who really wanted some proper credentials for a layer 12 tower run, and apparently the item level 232 Guardian Druid did not make the cut after the job interview:

3d3pq64r1gg71.jpg
Source.

There's a lot to unpack here, from the "carrying" comment, to the fact that Guardians can basically solo layer 12 with 0 issues, and that little PvP remark that really places this Mage in a special section of the playerbase. Luckily secretreddname managed to make their own group after that and cleared layer 12 without any issues.

Again, while this type of insane "elitism" can be more common in the actually difficult parts of the game, it really has started leaking elsewhere and players have started confusing trying to find skilled players with just being complete and utter assholes for no particular reason other than they think they can. But regardless of your personal skill level and the (perceived or otherwise) lower skill level of applicants you talk to, there's really no excuse for this type of behavior - even if you decide to be a little elitist and hold out for a better player (which is fine), maybe have a thought on how you're talking to another human being.

Seriously Raidier IO is a piece of crap addon and so are the people that use it. It doesn't adjust for carries in any matter. Its flaky due to seeing people with higher "IO" scores suck worse than people that have low scores. The creator of this addon should be punched hard in the face for screwing up the game with this addon.

Edited by undecided11
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, undecided11 said:

Seriously Raidier IO is a piece of crap addon and so are the people that use it. It doesn't adjust for carries in any matter. Its flaky due to seeing people with higher "IO" scores suck worse than people that have low spores. The creator of this addon should be punched hard in the face for screwing up the game with this addon.

A hammer is a piece of crap tool and so are people that use them. Clearly the screwdriver is far better for screws. It's even in the name. 

Just because people don't know how to use it properly, doesn't make it crap.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, navysilan said:

His run, his rules

With that attitude, it might as well be just his. He sounds rather silly talking about some artificial points system and skill at the same time, which can't be measured that easily. Anyway this doesn't seem news worthy, but given the season, it's not surprising. Not much to write about now.

3 hours ago, Lunestro said:

Why the hell is this a topic?

Oh, it's Starym.

It goes deeper than that.

Starym is actually the blue-geared mage.

He's into humiliation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Znifler said:

I just make my own groups no matter what I do, just to avoid *filtered* like this.

This is the way to go. There are always more people looking for groups than those who get around to making them. 

And then if anybody's silly you can use your awesome turquoise chat to quiet them. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Starym said:

3d3pq64r1gg71.jpg
Source.

The little PVP remark was from the tank...not the mage...but please get butthurt over nothing.  Fairly obvious the mage didn't want his time wasted by someone he didn't know and who hadn't done very much PVE....sure you can say it is just Torghast...but not everyone is skilled enough for Torghast reqardless of their gear.  The tank in this situation only had PVP experience...then says he tanks...but he has no score for tanking M+ or Raids...so no he doesn't have tanking experience and if I was running the group I wouldn't invite him either.  If the tank wants to complain about groups, he can create his own and do the runs and get his score up so others can see he has experience not sit there and whine because he wasn't good enough for someone who has probably had their time wasted by geared but inexperienced tanks in the past.

I know, been there done that, gear does not equate experience and I won't waste my time with idiots who bought their gear or got run thru or just had pvp gear and no pve experience to show.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1