FORUMS
Damien

Hammerdin Build

How is hammerdin from lvl 18 to level 30 ? I read that it is horrible before level 30. Is it a good idea to switch ? or should i stick to the Early leveling build you shared until level 30 ?

18 hours ago, vampattack said:

The leveling selection is terrible for most of the guides. In this one it never tells you to put a point in holy bolt so that you can use blessed hammer.

Hello, were you referring to this section?

hb.png

On 9/27/2021 at 11:57 AM, Vladoonet said:

How is hammerdin from lvl 18 to level 30 ? I read that it is horrible before level 30. Is it a good idea to switch ? or should i stick to the Early leveling build you shared until level 30 ?

It's certainly not a fast build early on, but it can work from 18 and on, especially if you have some points in Blessed Aim to improve Blessed Hammer's damage, and perhaps a few skill bonuses (Tarnhelm or +Blesse Hammer on a Paladin weapon come to mind).

I'm curious, why level 30 specifically?

On 9/29/2021 at 2:46 PM, Oxygen said:

It's certainly not a fast build early on, but it can work from 18 and on, especially if you have some points in Blessed Aim to improve Blessed Hammer's damage, and perhaps a few skill bonuses (Tarnhelm or +Blesse Hammer on a Paladin weapon come to mind).

I'm curious, why level 30 specifically?

level 30 redemption becomes available, that helps a lot with Mana.

From what i read in different guides, Blessed aim is the last one to level, focus should be on blessed hammer, concentration, vigor, THEN blessed aim. With the caveat of not investing too much at first in BH to not have the mana cost skyrocket.

Sorry if this is a silly question, why the 1-1-1 points in the separate resistance auras? Wouldn't it be better to just put those in Salvation? (I know that with a lot of +skill the individual res's will beat out Salvation but imho by not that much)

3 hours ago, Avengerx said:

Sorry if this is a silly question, why the 1-1-1 points in the separate resistance auras? Wouldn't it be better to just put those in Salvation? (I know that with a lot of +skill the individual res's will beat out Salvation but imho by not that much)

Hello,

Each resistance aura (fire, frost, lightning) provide a hidden, passive bonus to its related maximum resistances (1% per 2 points). Salvation does not provide this bonus.

• Thanks 1

The way the "Raw Damage Build (75% Faster Cast Rate)" is titled it makes it seem like 75% is the better "raw damage"

While the 75FCR build shows a higher hammer damage, your DPS is actually less.  If you plugin the 125 FCR build you will have 14.3k blessed hammer with a DPS of 39.67k however if you use the 75 FCR build you get 15.7k hammer with a lower DPS of 39.2k

Granted 466 damage is negligible but the extra teleport frames are noticeable for getting to baal or allowing you to seal pop more mobs in chaos that I would recommend making 125 FCR the preferred cast rate for both raw damage and MF

Hi I'm still learning this game and looking through all of these guides for guidance and they have been really helpful. 

Just curious about the weapon swap on the optimal gear here for call to arms and spirit, I get call to arms is useful for the battle buffs but what is the benefit to spirit? I know it gives plus 2 all skills but would it not be better to have another call to arms to increase the battle buff skills even more or am I missing something? 

Edited by Fogetfulsoup96