FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Staff

Same-Faction Battlegrounds to Be Enabled With This Week's Reset!

59258-bcc-season-2-pvp-gear-was-availabl

Blizzard have just announced that same-faction Battlegrounds will be enabled with the weekly reset! 

Blizzard LogoSame-Faction BGs (Source)

Along with scheduled weekly maintenance in each region, we’re re-enabling same-faction Battlegrounds. A same-faction Battleground will now occur when an opposite-faction match cannot be made after a short time. We currently intend for this system to be in place for the rest of Burning Crusade Classic.

We’re also re-enabling the setting that restricts premade Battleground groups to a maximum of 5 players. We expect this to be a temporary measure. We’re investigating our options, and we’ll let you know more in the future about what our long-term plans are for pre-made Battleground groups.

Thank you very much!

This is honestly the correct decision. No-one should use pvp queue times as a factor when deciding which faction to play. The fact that some did is unfortunate but is outweighed by the needs of the many. 

In retrospect Blizzard needed to take a more active role in managing faction ratios. This could have included strict gating at the server selection and character creation steps that would block the creation of Horde or Alliance characters depending on the ratio. I could even imagine offering sweetheart deals to guilds to transfer in order to maintain the balance. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Mascaron said:

This is honestly the correct decision. No-one should use pvp queue times as a factor when deciding which faction to play. The fact that some did is unfortunate but is outweighed by the needs of the many. 

In retrospect Blizzard needed to take a more active role in managing faction ratios. This could have included strict gating at the server selection and character creation steps that would block the creation of Horde or Alliance characters depending on the ratio. I could even imagine offering sweetheart deals to guilds to transfer in order to maintain the balance. 

not a bad idea would love to see something like this but can you imagen buying a game cause you friends all play it together and then you cant join there guild cause the servers are lockt for horde 

19 hours ago, Mascaron said:

Longer queues are a result of people picking one faction over the other one. So there is a bigger player pool of players and people prefer that, even if queues are way longer.

19 hours ago, Mascaron said:

There would be an outrage if they would just lock people out. They haven't done anything about imbalance on retail for years. So I doubt they would do something for BC classic, besides it might be dead quite soon like the other one. No one would move anyway, there is no benefit for any raiding guild to move to faction with low recruitment pool. There aren't enough players to maintain faction balance, people will converge where they can play together (that's why there is a demand for faction merge, at least from mechanical point of view, although unlikely for classic, just for current game).

Edited by Arcling
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Arcling said:

(that's why there is a demand for faction merge,

ohh yeah would love that i mostly play undead and my wife mostly bloodelve cause the other horde races dont apeall to us that much but we have a very nice guild on horde side so switching is never an option.

after how nice and friendly the leaders of horde and the boy king are with each other i can really see that we are working together in raids and dungeons (dont really know how pvp would work lore wise) or if that doesnt happen a other very logical thing we cann see in reall life some gnomes or humans or undead just switch sides cause they got pisst of by some nobels or just because the other faction is paying a good price for informations thats some thing we dont see often most spys are just mages or rougs  

• Like 1

First of all I want to say I dont play PVP that much so the actual change doesnt affect me that much, however, the side effects will affect me as a alliance player. Right now there are more hordes than alliance players, specially in pvp realms. currently there are only 2 decent alliance populated realms in english eu which is sad. While I do agree that choosing ur faction based on que time alone is silly never the less it is another incentive toward going for horde. people here are defending this and saying blizz should make moving to alliance more attractive, well this is the opposite of that. the very reason that you have long que times as horde is because you have more players queing, which is because of better racials (i am not saying that, the people are saying that by where they chose to do bgs). with this change there is 0 reason to go alliance if you are into pvp. realm imbalance WILL get worst for alliance then blizz have to scramble to find a solution for a problem they made like always 😞

No fun to see Blizzard jumping to this sad bandwagon. Guess within 1x year they'll also add this to simplified & lazy mode retail ver. as well. Yes there's tons more population, but never know about Blizz's decisions on these days. That's cause they've been doing many mind numbing moves like remaking paintings around beautiful Azeroth, changing npc names & other dumb crap :/ R.I.P. RP feels in Instanced PvP cause now you fight against brothers & sisters who you've allied with :(

One more reason not to adventure in semi TBC Classic :( Semi cause not much classic about it compared to Classic Vanilla re-release that came 2y ago. TBC's Re-Release shouldn't have come so fast & not with greedy level up char with real $ moves.

Edited by Fedaygin
Fixed sentence