FORUMS
Vlad

Lightning/Death Sentry Assassin (Trapsin) Build

nice and comprehensive guide, thanks!

I think I'd only suggest to remove shadow warrior and shadow master points from the build - these minions only lower your damage and generally slow down your game. The limit of 5 traps is shared between you and the minion, meaning that your strong and maxed out trap will get overriden by minion's weak one. They also usually cast mind blast at the worst possible moment, so that you have to wait for the duration of mind control to run out until you can move to the next pack. Spare points can be always thrown into Fade after you've maxed out all li-traps and fireblast (each hardpoint in Fade gives 1% pdr). 2 points in Burst of Speed is just a missclick I suppose.

I also think that the setup of BiS items for the endgame should be a little bit different in few slots (I always aim for 86fhr, 102fcr and 30ias):
Gloves - Bloodfist are BiS for both entry and end game levels. 30Fhr 10Ias and 40life is unparalleled
Helm - Andariels Visage for must-have 20ias (30str is almost the same as +life from Shako)
Amulet - to reach 102 fcr we need a crafted Casters Amulet or rare one, with 7+fcr, 2 assa | trap, resists and stats

In the end the breakpoints will be made of:

86fhr - 55 spirit, 30 bloodfist, 20 sandstorms
102fcr - 35 spirit, 40 hoto, 20 arach, 7+ amul
30ias - 20 andariels, 10 bloodfist

So I put the shadows there just as things you can do optionally at the end. Yes they aren't always ideal but for a lot of people they will enjoy having a shadow to help tank for them and cast some things here and there. They definitely aren't required skills by any means and personally I avoid them here but others might want them still.

In regards to gear, the main reason I have Trangs geared up is because I am aiming for slightly more generic gear for people who aren't quite as well versed in the game. Telling them to get Maras and Trangs is easier than a 7% FCR amulet (but then based on their other gear maybe they need higher in this) with the bloodfists. It isn't fully optimized but then again we also aren't running crazy 2os +3 LS claws and stuff either haha. Plus I usually just get my 86 FHR from Spirit, Treks, and a GC. But once again I try not to focus too much on exact breakpoints because a lot of people reading these guides won't be able to get all the gear where it needs to be.

The andy's visage is actually pretty interesting. I think I still personally prefer shako (getting the %DR on top of the life/mana is just so nice) but I could totally see andy's working well here! Definitely an interesting side option imo. 

Thank you for the thoughts! Always fun to see how others play the builds

• Like 1

Watching all of your Guide Videos I decided to return to D2 with my first trapsin ever. Thank you so much for those Videos ! 

For now I got a medicore build with shaco/Hoto/Treachery/Spirit (No Enigma or Infinity tho). The killspeed feels ok but not too fast. I wonder how it performs compared to other charakters like druid/necro/javazon. Are those characters faster in terms of killspeed with medium equipment ? Didnt mention sorc/pala since they are s tier. 

Also I wanted to ask what your opinion is on the "best" mf char without having teleport (sorc/enigma). Your MF Tier list is all about full equipped characters I guess ? In that regard I like the movement speed of burst of speed a lot. Would love to see an mf tier list with medicore equipment and only access to Najs tele staff for teleport. Especially the placements Nr. 2 and further (beside sorc on s tier for obv reason). 

Hope you get what I want to ask with my very basic english. 

Regards 

Thanks!

Yes that is very decent gear for sure. The Trapsin does kind of cap out a bit and is a little slower, but she can still do well.

I would say the best non-teleport Character that I like to run with medium gear is the Javazon. She can absolutely obliterate monsters (assuming you avoid lightning immunes) and you can also carry a lower resistance charges wand to help out for some of the areas.

Definitely very fun. I never get tired of running Cows with her.

I'm still a noob at this so sorry if this is a stupid question. If trap laying is based on as only, why do we need the fcr? Is it only because of the Teleport from Enigma?

I'm struggling against lightning immunes in hell. My merc is doing all he can before he crumbles, and Mind Blasting them delays the inevitable.

So the best thing for lightning immunes is:
1. if they are purely lightning immunes, use a lower resist charges wand (can be shopped from like Drognan Act 2 nightmare easily)
2. If that doesn't work and there are no other mobs around, mind blast/cloak of shadows and go past them
3. If there are other mobs around, kill those and then use death sentries for corpse explosion to get other damage!

I've been looking at the helm and was thinking about swapping out the Harlequin Crest for a Delirium instead? (LemIstIo). Mainly because I have yet to find a Harlequin Crest in 20 years of playing (admittedly on and off), but since the launch of D2:Resurrected have managed to build 2 copies of Delirium....
And as for weapon, was also thinking of using Spirit for both weapon and shield. A LOT easier than trying to find a HOTO.

With 2.4 changes Death Sentry becomes one point wonder skill? What are some good options to spend those points? Fire Blast + Wake of Fire for alternative elemental damage? Or max Shadow Master and use merc with Might?