FORUMS
Vlad

War Cry Barbarian (Singer) Build

Been playing singer barb for the last couple weeks and while most of this guide is right, a couple things to add..

Double soj if you can. The mana increase alone is worth way more than raven frost.

Shako, for mana increase.

Also, use Frostburns instead of trangs gloves. 40% mana increase is too huge to pass up.

More mana = faster regeneration. Especially with an insight merc. Imo you need to put some points into energy. Barbs only get 1 mana per energy but after my gearing and shouts I get 3-4 ?mana per energy. I put about 150 points in energy and with this gear I have 3200 hp which is more than enough and 1300 mana which hardly ever runs out due to insight on merc.

Hope this helps.

Ive got most if not all of the "Budget" gear, merc has thresher, insight, tal mask.

Level 81, max resists, and we get stomped instantly in trav. Am I too low of level (merc scaling)?

A few things to add/point out:

Difficult areas: things that shoot lots of fire/lightning, and bosses

My budget gear:

Helm: IK Helm socketed with 2 Perfect Sapphires (2x 38 Mana)

Amulet: I run a +3 Warcries since I have max resists/etc but obviously Mara's or a GG +2 Barb ammy is great too

Weapons: Dual Spirit (swords) for most of the game.  100+ Mana and lots of FCR (you need 55 FCR between them to hit the 105FCR breakpoint)

Switch: I use Bloodtree Stump (124 str needed, 50% CB, +3 Mace Mastery, + 2 Masteries).  I put one point into Berzerk for bosses/physical immunes if I am playing solo

Armor: Vipermagi (socketed with a PSapphire for more mana).  Its popular for all casters early ladder, but +1 skill, 30 FCR (bringing us up to 85 fcr), and resists make this a must.

Gloves: Magefist (20 FCR brings us to the 105 breakpoint...remember Frostburn gives 40% mana BEFORE Battle Orders)

Belt: Trang-Oul's Girth (CBF, Life, Mana)

Boots: Tri-res with MF is what I have but not really important

Rings: Str, Mana, Resists (we have already hit 105 so even though we are a caster we don't need FCR which makes things cheaper)

Charms: Torch/Anni (of course)

War Cry GCs (+str or life is helpful, but you don't get hit much so...)

+Mana charms are super important (I try to run at least at 1500+ once my Battle Orders go with a L17 Meditation from my merc).  I even have one +6 Str, +56 mana GC (or something like that) to boost the Mana

I hope this helps for the budget.  I have dual HOTOs, Enigma, a SOJ, etc for end-game but you can easily make it through the game with the above gear.  I also obtained the GC that breaks Physical immunes, but makes me take 10% more physical damage...I haven't noticed the 10% damage on me because all of the melee monsters are stunned.

Edited by kirksadler
typo