FORUMS
Vlad

Lightning Sorceress Build

I wanted to put few more points in Warmth for more mana regen but I see that all build only have one point in it? any reason why?

21 hours ago, Vida said:

I wanted to put few more points in Warmth for more mana regen but I see that all build only have one point in it? any reason why?

Warmth scales extremely poorly with points you might invest, as 12% mana recovery is really not much.

You do get a lot of value from the first point however, as your skill bonuses are going to make that one point provide a significant amount of mana. With +10 to all skills on your gear, for instance, you'd be looking at 150% mana recovery for a single point. That is certainly worthwhile; Let me know if that's unclear.

The idea that is generally accepted is that it's better to invest into offensive skills; killing faster is also an effective way of managing your mana.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 7:24 PM, Oxygen said:

Warmth scales extremely poorly with points you might invest, as 12% mana recovery is really not much.

You do get a lot of value from the first point however, as your skill bonuses are going to make that one point provide a significant amount of mana. With +10 to all skills on your gear, for instance, you'd be looking at 150% mana recovery for a single point. That is certainly worthwhile; Let me know if that's unclear.

The idea that is generally accepted is that it's better to invest into offensive skills; killing faster is also an effective way of managing your mana.

Ah that does makes sense thank you :) 

It is definitely something that simply scales by itself over time. For better mana regen early on you can put more points into Energy or get some Tir Runes in your items to get mana back per kill

I would like to propose an alternative gear for Damage build which is recommended for High Player Count runs (7-8)

Weapon:  Crescent Moon

Rings: 2x rare or crafted ring with 10% Faster Cast Rate, mana, life and resistances

Amulet: Crafted Caster Amulet - +2 Sorc and at least +17% Faster Cast Rate

The rest is basically the same although I do like Silkweave instead of Treks for the additional mana regen.

If not possible to craft such an amulet, swap armor to Skin of the Vipermagi to reach 117% FCR.

My reasoning: you lose a bit in + skill department but Crescent Moon vastly outperforms any other weapon as soon as you are facing something with broken Lightning Immunity or something that was not immune before but spawned with something like Spectral Hit, Magic Resistant or Lightning Enchanted - or just anything that has some native Lightning Resistance (like Venom Lords, Oblivion Knights, Unravellers, all kind of Succubi etc.)

The reasoning is thus - slightly lower damage "on paper" doesn't really matter against monsters with 0 resistance to Lightning because they die almost equally fast (there is a lot of overhead) but Crescent Moon makes significant difference against enemies with broken immunities or high native Lightning Resistance.

A true baller build swaps CoH for Enigma - you gain massive Strength, more MF, yet another source of mana regen (greatly reducing the need for mana potions, huge quality of life improvement). It does require you to look for resistances elsewhere (rings, amulet, very good resistance charms, torch, anni).