FORUMS
Vlad

Sword and Shield

Guest Gigashrubbz

Any figures on how strength and dexterity work? Depending on how dex scales a full dex/con build with a dex main stat secondary weapon could be great. As a tank damage is only necessary to build threat. If str doesnt add any survivability but dex does, I'd only build as much str as required to out threat the dps. Allowing a high dex build to swap to and deal out some damage when threat allows. Also for pvp. All the stun-locking of s&b with a less expected secondary weapon.

Are sword and board the best tanks or the only tanks? Does anything else generate additional threat to even try and tank?

1 hour ago, Guest Gigashrubbz said:

Any figures on how strength and dexterity work? Depending on how dex scales a full dex/con build with a dex main stat secondary weapon could be great. As a tank damage is only necessary to build threat. If str doesnt add any survivability but dex does, I'd only build as much str as required to out threat the dps. Allowing a high dex build to swap to and deal out some damage when threat allows. Also for pvp. All the stun-locking of s&b with a less expected secondary weapon.

Are sword and board the best tanks or the only tanks? Does anything else generate additional threat to even try and tank?

Sword and Shield scales: 90% of strength and 65% of dexterity, so strength gives a decent amount more damage but dexterity is not far behind. You could focus either as your damage stat. I would not say that either really make any noticeable difference for survivability as a tank.
You could technically tank with any weapon, as threat is primarily generated by socketing a carnelian gem that drastically amplifies your threat but Sword and Shield are the only weapon to have 2 abilities that taunt enemies on use. Some other weapons have 1 taunt.

Guest S&B user

You don't need to be running the taunt gem in your weapon. There are two amulets that have taunt on them that enable taunts for any weapon with a taunt ability. I prefer using this - even though i take a slight hit to my STR stat, since it lets me socket an opal to increase my DPS output. As a tank, your stamina bar is always being used blocking or dodging heavy attacks. With an Opal you can utilise this for more damage output to assist your team.

On 11/4/2021 at 2:38 PM, Guest S&B user said:

You don't need to be running the taunt gem in your weapon. There are two amulets that have taunt on them that enable taunts for any weapon with a taunt ability. I prefer using this - even though i take a slight hit to my STR stat, since it lets me socket an opal to increase my DPS output. As a tank, your stamina bar is always being used blocking or dodging heavy attacks. With an Opal you can utilise this for more damage output to assist your team.

yeah I assume that those are bugged and will be fixed