FORUMS
Damien

Fire Staff

Guest Pluvial

For me, this build isn't working great. I'd be interested to get your thoughts on the below. I am level 30 for reference.

1.  Opening with the targeted spell has several major disadvantages
    1. You give up a lot of range versus your standard attacks
    2. The targeted spell is just awful to use in my opinion. It's not easy to land with any consistency
    3. In some terrain, it's just not practical. You can be in close quarters and the setup becomes almost unusable. While you're trying to target pillar, the enemy is rushing you often resulting in a miss

Because of the above, I often find myself pulling with staff attacks, which makes me think a passive focused build that enables these attacks would better suited for leveling. I will pull with a few strong attacks, then hit a fireball, and repeat. This seems safer than trying to get in close for a pillar.

Why give up all that range in order to land a cumbersome targeted spell when you could be burning them down on the way to you? How do you use this build when you don't have good LOS to targets, such as heavily forested quest areas?

Guest Pluvial

Update here -- it is much better than I initial experienced. It took some 'getting gud' and gearing, and getting used to the playstyle. My previous spec was for using staff attacks at ranged and worked well for leveling, but this is shredding now!

Guest Peter

The images for the builds are the same on PvP and PvE, even though PvP one uses Singe

On 10/12/2021 at 9:39 PM, Guest infamousTyy said:

Please add recommended gems for PVE and PVP builds 🙂

getting that added now
Weapons: PvE - Diamond is really strong since you can avoid taking damage most of the time
PvP - Diamond also good here but Onyx can let you have a big opening burst and Emerald can help you finish off foes

Armor - Onyx/Malachite/Diamond are generally the best for everyone right now

Guest Den
On 10/15/2021 at 1:37 PM, DonTheCrown said:

getting that added now
Weapons: PvE - Diamond is really strong since you can avoid taking damage most of the time
PvP - Diamond also good here but Onyx can let you have a big opening burst and Emerald can help you finish off foes

Armor - Onyx/Malachite/Diamond are generally the best for everyone right now

thoughts on opal?