FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Unlocking Flying

Hi! Would it be possible to also get an image of the map of an area with like flags for the currents? I'm helping a friend get through it rn and told them to follow this site and they said it would've been even better if they can just easily see it on a map too. I think they lazy but idk it probably is a good suggestion 😂

On 11/28/2021 at 1:25 AM, Lysspoo said:

Hi! Would it be possible to also get an image of the map of an area with like flags for the currents? I'm helping a friend get through it rn and told them to follow this site and they said it would've been even better if they can just easily see it on a map too. I think they lazy but idk it probably is a good suggestion 😂

With Endwalker Patch 6.0, Aether Currents are being adjusted in all previous expansions. We'll be editing the pages to reflect these changes once we get this information, and at that time I'll be able to get Aether Current maps for players who are more visually inclined.

On 11/28/2021 at 9:12 AM, Guest Myssy said:

This and also photos of each aetherite current location would be so nice.

No guarantees we'll be able to get them for the previous expansions, but we'll see about Endwalker's currents. At the very least there will be a map with locations.

Guest Fiby

Hi, I collected all Aether Currents you have marked in your guide. But I still can´t fly. Do I have to do a quest also, or did I miss a Aether Current during the story quests? If so, is it possible to get them?

On 4/1/2022 at 11:40 PM, Guest Fiby said:

Hi, I collected all Aether Currents you have marked in your guide. But I still can´t fly. Do I have to do a quest also, or did I miss a Aether Current during the story quests? If so, is it possible to get them?

Please ensure that you have collected every single Aether Current needed to unlock flight in a zone. You can check your status through the Aether Current menu in the Travel menu, as seen in the attached image. For each zone up to the Endwalker expansion, you will need to collect five currents from quests and four currents in the field. In Endwalker, it is five from quests and ten in the field.
image.png

Guest WoW refugee

So, it appears that the quests are incorrectly listed as MSQ, when they are blue quests and not necessarily required by the player who may be tunneling the MSQ only.

On 11/10/2022 at 11:24 PM, Guest WoW refugee said:

So, it appears that the quests are incorrectly listed as MSQ, when they are blue quests and not necessarily required by the player who may be tunneling the MSQ only.

None of them are listed as MSQ quests. What you're seeing is some of them are locked behind MSQ quests.