FORUMS
Damien

Dragoon

On 9/25/2022 at 2:53 PM, Guest Grimm Strife said:

This leveling guide is broken. Will it be fixed?

It's not broken, it's just missing the rotation tool. All of the information presented is still accurate. However, we'll make sure to get the rotation images out as soon as possible.

Guest Grimm Strife
3 hours ago, Dook said:

It's not broken, it's just missing the rotation tool. All of the information presented is still accurate. However, we'll make sure to get the rotation images out as soon as possible.

Sorry, I should have worded that better. I was unsure what to describe it as. Thank you very much.

Ah, didn't catch this before, we just rolled out the new landing pages and seem to have made a mistake. Thanks for pointing this out.

Guest Nebka

With the new 6.4 gear updates to the page, why would you take the credendum gauntlets and an accessory over the legs instead?

On 5/28/2023 at 4:03 AM, Guest Nebka said:

With the new 6.4 gear updates to the page, why would you take the credendum gauntlets and an accessory over the legs instead?

This is somewhat of a personal preference, but realistically you should be following the set listed. The only benefit from the legs over the two pieces of accessory + gloves is that the legs give you +900-ish HP. The accessory+gloves grant you a large amount of additional DPS output by comparison. Something like 30+ additional, due to hitting a Strength stat tier. This is true regardless of racial choice.

Guest Gast

Hello im new to FF14. In the guide it says -

Dragoon Stat Priority

The stat priority for Dragoon is as follows:

1. Weapon Damage;
  2. Strength;
  3. Critical Hit Rate;
  4. Determination = Direct Hit Rate;
  5. Skill Speed.

So i have a weapon that has +5 damage  over the weapon that i have equipped. the one with more damage has item level 49 or 50 but lower strength, lower critical, lower vitality and direct hit on it. the other has well -5 damage but +5 to 7 strenght, vitality, critical hit and determination and even marteria slots on in. and heres my question - is damage that important that i can ignore the bonus stats and item level that are lower because the ingame optimizer suggests me to equipp the one with more damage but lower bonus stats ? tbh that doesn't make sense to me.

12 hours ago, Guest Gast said:

Hello im new to FF14. In the guide it says -

Dragoon Stat Priority

The stat priority for Dragoon is as follows:

1. Weapon Damage;
  2. Strength;
  3. Critical Hit Rate;
  4. Determination = Direct Hit Rate;
  5. Skill Speed.

So i have a weapon that has +5 damage  over the weapon that i have equipped. the one with more damage has item level 49 or 50 but lower strength, lower critical, lower vitality and direct hit on it. the other has well -5 damage but +5 to 7 strenght, vitality, critical hit and determination and even marteria slots on in. and heres my question - is damage that important that i can ignore the bonus stats and item level that are lower because the ingame optimizer suggests me to equipp the one with more damage but lower bonus stats ? tbh that doesn't make sense to me.

Physical Damage is far and away the strongest stat on gear. This is true to the point of getting +1 Physical Damage beats out +100 secondary stats at max level. Easily. The conversions from one to another aren't precise, but with a swing of +5, you shouldn't need anything other than a couple smacks on a dummy to see that the weapon with higher physical damage is significantly superior. That being said, the only way I can see this being true is if your -5 weapon is a crafted/white gear and is normal quality, rather than high quality. If you get the high quality version, instead, it should snap that physical damage gap closed and make it much clearer for you.

Guest Gast
7 hours ago, EveMalqir said:

Physical Damage is far and away the strongest stat on gear. This is true to the point of getting +1 Physical Damage beats out +100 secondary stats at max level. Easily. The conversions from one to another aren't precise, but with a swing of +5, you shouldn't need anything other than a couple smacks on a dummy to see that the weapon with higher physical damage is significantly superior. That being said, the only way I can see this being true is if your -5 weapon is a crafted/white gear and is normal quality, rather than high quality. If you get the high quality version, instead, it should snap that physical damage gap closed and make it much clearer for you.

so the name of the weapons are: Canopus Guisarme (a drop from the dungeon "The Aurum Vale")

stats are:

Item Level 49
Physical Damage
Auto-attack
Delay
LNC DRG
Lv. 47

Bonuses

• Strength +13
  • Vitality +17
  • Determination +16
  • Direct Hit Rate +23

and the one i have equipped is the "Giantsgall Trident" which i got from a Level 50 Weapon Coffer (IL 70) trough the MSQ and the stats are:

Item Level 70
Physical Damage
Auto-attack
Delay
LNC DRG
Lv. 50

Bonuses

• Strength +20
  • Vitality +22
  • Critical Hit +26
  • Direct Hit Rate +18

Materia

•  
  •  

they both have green rarity.

On 6/9/2023 at 4:46 PM, Guest Gast said:

so the name of the weapons are: Canopus Guisarme (a drop from the dungeon "The Aurum Vale")

stats are:

Item Level 49
Physical Damage
Auto-attack
Delay
LNC DRG
Lv. 47

Bonuses

• Strength +13
  • Vitality +17
  • Determination +16
  • Direct Hit Rate +23

and the one i have equipped is the "Giantsgall Trident" which i got from a Level 50 Weapon Coffer (IL 70) trough the MSQ and the stats are:

Item Level 70
Physical Damage
Auto-attack
Delay
LNC DRG
Lv. 50

Bonuses

• Strength +20
  • Vitality +22
  • Critical Hit +26
  • Direct Hit Rate +18

Materia

•  
  •  

they both have green rarity.

So, I'm going to attach some images here. To clarify what Evie said, items can come in normal quality and high quality variants. ARR specifically is notorious for having some odd gearing choices. With that being said, the Giant's Gall Trident DOES come in high quality. Here's the images of the difference. Basically, ignore the normal quality, they shouldn't even exist and SE is just behind the curve on removing them from the game, all they do is harm new players.

image.png
image.png

With this being said, if you're level 50, go to Mor Dhona and buy the Tomestone gear at the vendor. It's item level 130 and the best option for you until you reach Heavensward.

On 11/8/2023 at 10:32 AM, Guest Raven3557 said:

In the opener I don't see mirage dive 

Hi! You're right, looks like the author forgot to put it into the list. We're fixing this, alongside posting an infographic of the opener to help with visual learning. It will be updated soon (today).

Guest Kal

The written form of the opener has Spineshatter Dive is just after Battle Litany, in the image form the Spineshatter Dives are on either side of the Heaven's Thrust. Could you verify which is correct or does it not matter as long as they are both within the buff window?

On 4/10/2024 at 5:15 PM, Guest Kal said:

The written form of the opener has Spineshatter Dive is just after Battle Litany, in the image form the Spineshatter Dives are on either side of the Heaven's Thrust. Could you verify which is correct or does it not matter as long as they are both within the buff window?

In the general case, it doesn't matter which is done, so long as both spineshatters fall inside the buff window. It's more dependent on future 2-minute buff windows and the alignment for them. In the former case, you should be entering every 2-minute window with that same initial 4 button skill sequence with Lance Charge and Dragon Sight first followed by Battle Litany into Spineshatter. This will always forcibly keep Spineshatter on hard cooldown and prevent over-capping, because you hold the middle charge to be used in the 2-minute buff window.

In the latter case, the Spineshatters need to be woven in while you're also fitting Nastronds, Stardiver, and one or two Wyrmwind Thrusts amidst making sure High Jump, Geirskogul, and Dragonfire Dive don't drift at all. If you're comfortable doing this, then do it. The former is merely done to give more space in the 2-minute window to fit everything in, since the latter doesn't guarantee that you'll have a skill to use in that half-GCD space after Battle Litany.

The image form is more commonly used, but I personally find that the written form is more intuitive and easier to execute long-term, because of the consistent cadence of the 2-minute windows as it pertains to Spineshatter Dive.