FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

The Creation Catalyst in Patch 9.2

This thread is for questions, comments, and feedback on our Creation Catalyst guide in Patch 9.2.

Guest Hiricard-Sargeras

I walk into the geyser but nothing happens

1 hour ago, Guest Hiricard-Sargeras said:

I walk into the geyser but nothing happens

The Catalyst will be available two months after 9.2 went live, so it the geyser doesn't transport you anywhere for now.

Guest Krotitel

Would it be possible to turn set items into non set? I had set items in vault but as sub rogue they are not so usefull so i would like to have non set items with bis stats

18 hours ago, Guest Krotitel said:

Would it be possible to turn set items into non set? I had set items in vault but as sub rogue they are not so usefull so i would like to have non set items with bis stats

Unfortunately, you can't. The Creation Catalyst system serves as bad luck protection for players who are unlucky and cannot complete their tier sets.

Guest Shac20
On 3/17/2022 at 10:47 AM, Stan said:

Unfortunately, you can't.

Was this changed from the PTR? because on the PTR you can make then on cloak, boots, gloves and belt aswell.

On 3/23/2022 at 2:08 AM, Guest Shac20 said:

Was this changed from the PTR? because on the PTR you can make then on cloak, boots, gloves and belt aswell.

I just looked into this and tier set items are greyed out and you can't do anything with them.

set items.jpg

However, you can convert non-set items into other non-set items (not sure if that's intended). In some cases, the secondary stats changed, like here. Input item #1 has +37 Critical Strike and +62 Versatility.

this.jpg

The output item however comes with different secondary stats and adds +59 Haste and +39 Versatility.

output.jpg

Guest ghaleonausa

so for clarification, if you use the catalyst to convert boots to tier boots, they do nothing other than have fixed name and stats, or do they count towards set bonus.

On 4/5/2022 at 5:46 PM, Guest ghaleonausa said:

so for clarification, if you use the catalyst to convert boots to tier boots, they do nothing other than have fixed name and stats, or do they count towards set bonus.

They don't count toward the set bonus. Only Helm/Shoulders/Chest/Gloves/Legs will have the bonus. I've updated the guide a bit with more clarifications. The changes should go live soon. 🙂 

I think the odd slots are just for transmog.

Guest djiva
On 4/10/2022 at 7:03 PM, Stan said:

They don't count toward the set bonus. Only Helm/Shoulders/Chest/Gloves/Legs will have the bonus. I've updated the guide a bit with more clarifications. The changes should go live soon. 🙂 

I think the odd slots are just for transmog.

since i did the clumsy and put my boots in by accident and converted the item. is there any way to undo this mistake so i can use the actual item i wanted for this week?

Guest Hawthorns
10 hours ago, Guest djiva said:

since i did the clumsy and put my boots in by accident and converted the item. is there any way to undo this mistake so i can use the actual item i wanted for this week?

I did the exact same thing 🙂
ill just wait a week

17 hours ago, Guest Hawthorns said:

I did the exact same thing 🙂
ill just wait a week

Unfortunately, there's no way to revert that I'm afraid 😞.

Guest katie

can I use this to get LFR version of shadowlands raid transmog that I missed out on?

On 12/31/2022 at 5:33 AM, Guest katie said:

can I use this to get LFR version of shadowlands raid transmog that I missed out on?

Yes, gear from all raid difficulties will work.