FORUMS
Stan

Dragonriding Guide

This thread is for feedback on our guide to Dragonriding in Dragonfllight.

I personally find it overrated, it feels.....meh.

I do like it when you dive, the dragon turns into a dart, like any flying animal would in real life, not sure why normal flying mounts don't do it.

Beyond that, the limits forced into flying feels stupid since, the damn mount has wings? why can't it fly in this area, but fly in another? it makes no sense to be honest.

Guest siely

unable to apply glyphs to the dragonriding lerner spot on the talent tree...any ideas as to why?

22 hours ago, Guest siely said:

unable to apply glyphs to the dragonriding lerner spot on the talent tree...any ideas as to why?

I assume you can't spend glyphs on talents? Maybe there is an addon interfering with it. Please, try to disable all addons and give it another shot. You should be able to spend glyphs anywhere from within the Dragon Isles Summary > Dragonriding UI.

Guest Keybind?

Hi. I haven't found a website that tells what keybind opens the dragonriding talents. Any help appreciated.

Guest *filtered*

Leave it to blizzard to over complicate and turn flying into a chore..... hahahahah 

Hi,

I'm disappointed.

Can not get past 10 of the coins/glyphs to learn more dragonflying, as they are too high up and the dragon does not fly that far up before it falls back down, and there is no information anywhere that allows you to get past this point.

It's really bizarre, and weird, that there is no information on how to get past this point and even the new character model can not fly up enough to get one of these, or some flightpaths for that matter.

In the end, this is very frustrating, specially seeing some folks flying around ... and all the information is just the cheap regurgitation that Blizzard gives you which does not help your ability to bring up any level ...

Other examples ... Enchanting stuck at 17 ... nothing to learn and nothing brings it up! Tailoring stuck at 53 ... same issue ... and the majority of these guides do not help anyone improve and bring their numbers up ... it's almost like ... how the fudge did they get that far up? Ohhh, right ... it's magic!

Since there is no "regular" flying, it looks like the majority of the top zone is not accessible for me, can not get past the mountains, and there is no information as to how to get it done. We need better information, rather than the "nothing" posts and information listed. It would be appreciated!

On 4/1/2023 at 2:16 AM, Steppenwolff said:

Hi,

I'm disappointed.

Can not get past 10 of the coins/glyphs to learn more dragonflying, as they are too high up and the dragon does not fly that far up before it falls back down, and there is no information anywhere that allows you to get past this point.

It's really bizarre, and weird, that there is no information on how to get past this point and even the new character model can not fly up enough to get one of these, or some flightpaths for that matter.

In the end, this is very frustrating, specially seeing some folks flying around ... and all the information is just the cheap regurgitation that Blizzard gives you which does not help your ability to bring up any level ...

Other examples ... Enchanting stuck at 17 ... nothing to learn and nothing brings it up! Tailoring stuck at 53 ... same issue ... and the majority of these guides do not help anyone improve and bring their numbers up ... it's almost like ... how the fudge did they get that far up? Ohhh, right ... it's magic!

Since there is no "regular" flying, it looks like the majority of the top zone is not accessible for me, can not get past the mountains, and there is no information as to how to get it done. We need better information, rather than the "nothing" posts and information listed. It would be appreciated!

Hey, I'm sorry you're having difficulties to reach certain glyphs. Glyphs in zones like Thaldraszus may indeed be more difficult to reach compared to the starting zone (The Waking Shores). That's why we list the zones in a specific order. If you've just started collecting glyphs, running out of Vigor and having to wait a few minutes under a glyph before it recharges again is completely normal and the situation will improve as you unlock more Dragonriding traits.

You can always collect the easier glyphs first in each zone before collecting the hard-to-reach ones. Some tips to help you out:

• Surge Forward Surge Forward -- Make sure to face down when you use the ability for extra speed.
  • Skyward Ascent Skyward Ascent -- Make sure to face up when using this ability for extra speed.
  • When a glyph is hard to reach and you have the exact location, you can always dismount halfway on a mountain or a near location to recharge Vigor and reach the place step by step.

Guest Tom
On 4/23/2022 at 7:26 AM, Stan said:

I noticed that as I leveled up my mains flying levels that all of my alts that were in the Dragonflight zone also got the same increases in flight abilities as my main. But, recently, possibly just after the last content update, I noticed that my alts lost some of the upper abilities. Does anyone know if this is a bug or if it was an intentional reduction for alts that had not individually reached those abilities. Those alts do not have any of the original "coins" to fly through and seem stuck now without those abilities.