FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Staff

Diablo Immortal Infographic, Release Delayed in Asia Pacific Region

55510-diablo-immortal-alpha-gameplay-and

We have two big pieces of news for DI, as Blizzard have released a post-launch infographic featuring the number of downloads (over 10 million), as well as other intresting game stats. In addition to that we also found out the game's launch in the Asia Pacific region has been delayed to July 7th (from the most recent June 22nd launch), and that players in the region will be receiving some goodies due to the delay.

The Chinese release of the game, however, seems to have been delayed "indefinitely", possibly due to some strange circumstances, including the official game's Weibo account being banned over a controversial post. You can read more on the matter over in the Financial Times article.

FVeDnyPXEAEkWeL?format=jpg&name=large

Blizzard LogoDI Launch (Source)

We are delaying the launch of Diablo Immortal in the regions of Asia Pacific to July 7 PDT. Having a staggered launch for our debut mobile-first game gave us an opportunity to learn and optimize between each phase. We believe that our players will benefit from optimization that would make the download and playing experience much smoother.

Among the features we are working on are:

• Initial build package optimization: Reshuffling the assets downloading sequence so relevant UI would populate properly to improve user experience in-game.  
  • Android device performance optimization: The install base of mobile devices in Asia Pacific regions is very diverse. Using learnings from the first phase of our launch, we are performing additional compatibility tests to optimize the launch experience.  
  • PC experience improvements: Including fixes to potion and skills lockout issues, Auto-Navigation, Demon Hunter primary attack, Xbox controller input delay, and more.  
  • Performance and network optimization: Improvements to deferred multi-lighting particle tech, bug fixes, and more. 

We appreciate your patience, and we will be providing each player in impacted regions with a package consisting of one piece of Legendary Gear, 100 Scrap Materials, and 10 Enchanted Dust. To claim these items, visit your in-game inbox after you have created your character and begun your journey into Sanctuary on July 7 PDT.

20 minutes ago, MeOnIV said:

I thought it was because Netease made a bear reference to Xi, lol.

The post has been updated with the China release information.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Starym said:

The post has been updated with the China release information.

Thanks Starym. Now I have the clear picture.

It's a strange thing watching a Diablo title go through disaster after disaster and feeling somewhat happy.

I hope with the one year the have left the D4 team can do something cool. For now, "the sanctity of this franchise has been fouled."

50 minutes ago, MeOnIV said:

Thanks Starym. Now I have the clear picture.

It's a strange thing watching a Diablo title go through disaster after disaster and feeling somewhat happy.

I hope with the one year the have left the D4 team can do something cool. For now, "the sanctity of this franchise has been fouled."

I'm very convinced D4 is safe in that regard. But I've been wrong before...

5 hours ago, MeOnIV said:

"the sanctity of this franchise has been fouled."

Sounds like every franchise Blizzard has had their hands in the past couple of years.

6 hours ago, Starym said:

"Ok, so hear us out, we know the Auction House was a complete mistake.    And no one liked the aucti...marketplace in Diablo Immortal.    But we really think people will love our new Transaction Venue!"

• Like 1

Interesting. 10 million installs, 14 million characters created. At only 1,4 character/player, it appears that many aren't particularly interested in trying out different classes.

7 hours ago, Starym said:

We should be wary of the wording they used, shop will be "anchored" around cosmetics. Besides, if they are clever, they might introduce some more aggressive microtransactions after release, so early impressions and reviews won't mention them. It's also an easy way to reduce backlash, since initial hype and much of mainstream attention will be gone, and remaining, typically more dedicated players, will be more forgiving of such practice and willing to spend more.

Even with "cosmetics only" I'm a bit worried, because armor that you can earn in game might look way worse than the one from the shop. I don't want to spend 70-80 euro on a game and still feel and look like I am a f2p player in a f2p game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Oxygen said:

Interesting. 10 million installs, 14 million characters created. At only 1,4 character/player, it appears that many aren't particularly interested in trying out different classes.

I'm not surprised, because purchases and progress are all locked to one character.

Yeah it'll be interesting if we ever hear any numbers about how many players drop after the first month (I doubt we will...).

I'm certainly one of those.   Game was fun till you got to the 40s or so, then the Grind and in your face advertising started going full bore.

Cash shop cosmetics can be bought and sold for in-game currency, they can have bonus effects like additional movement speed and exp gain in addition to the far superior looks than regular dropped armor.

I agree with Arcling here, saying "anchored" and "built around" cosmetics is so incredibly vague, to me it's exactly the same to Wyatt saying Immortal will not have paid gear, and then goes to clarify that legendary gems aren't gear. Legal/PR runaround like that is Just flat-out disingenuous and intentionally deceiving.

Just say "no power from mtx" or "no gameplay benefit from cosmetics." - They can't, because it's not true.

• Like 2

On 6/21/2022 at 7:46 AM, Oxygen said:

Likely because if I pay for a battle pass on one toon, it doesnt carry over to another. Im not going to buy 5 battle passes for 5 toons. Id love to try out other classes but my monetary investment (though small) is only allowed on one. Even if they opened it to one pass per server Id be trying out other stuff. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this