keaghen 0 Report post Posted August 31, 2014 Hi, If someone happens to have time to look at these logs and help me improve i'd be very thankful, http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/lq4q7wqcy3urb2tg/sum/damageDone/ Thanks in advance Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
keaghen 0 Report post Posted August 31, 2014 for my warrior i use warcraftlogs, im using these logs because theyre the only ones available to me right now. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
keaghen 0 Report post Posted August 31, 2014 I actually found a warcraftlog: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1f8zLdAZcyXMTDhC#fight=3&type=damage-done Not logged for immerseus tho. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Niix 169 Report post Posted August 31, 2014 I have no way of figuring out which hunter you are in this run. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
keaghen 0 Report post Posted August 31, 2014 Ok im stupid sry :D Name of the hunter is sahera Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Orthios 272 Report post Posted August 31, 2014 I actually found a warcraftlog: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1f8zLdAZcyXMTDhC#fight=3&type=damage-done Not logged for immerseus tho. First off, there is a thread for this, as Sargerik mentioned, created by Niix. Specifically, it is for helping everyone learn how to self-analyze their own logs. At any rate, I will look over your Malkarok kill, as Malk is the best metric for a patchwerk style fight. You also didn't provide an armory link, nor did you tell us which hunter is you. I'm going to guess that this is you. If it is, you are well over the hit cap. I suggest you head over to AMR and get your gear optimized. It's not a big deal, but it's still a decent amount of wasted stats. Now, for the log: Black Arrow uptime of 78.9% - You missed out on a lot by not having this up 95% or more. About 1.3M damage, plus the possibility of LnL procs. Serpent Sting Uptime of 34% - This is bad. Another 4.6M damage lost. And the extra focus regen that SS provides (3 focus on each tick). I'd bet you took Blink Strikes here. There is 0 reason whatsoever to take blink strikes over AMoC in a single target fight such as this. Glaive Toss - 11/17 uses. About 1.8M damage lost here. Between these three items, you lost ~30k dps. You missed out on at least 3 Explosive shots. At one point, you had Dextrous and synapse springs up, and the only ES casts you had were at the beginning from LnL. After which, you didn't cast ES for 18 seconds - the entirety of the procs. To goo along with the previous point, both your second potion and Blood Fury should've been used when you got your 2nd Dextrous proc. You delayed Blood Fury and were lucky to get the double proc of Viscous. Find some way to monitor the ICD of AoC and be prepared to use BF, Synapse Springs, and your potion during it. Speaking of Synapse Springs, you missed out on one completely by delaying your second use of it. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Orthios 272 Report post Posted August 31, 2014 I lied, Orithos basically covered everything I was going to cover. Beautiful job. I admit, I lol'd when I saw you posted within a few seconds of me posting my review. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Niix 169 Report post Posted August 31, 2014 I admit, I lol'd when I saw you posted within a few seconds of me posting my review. Yeah, it didn't occur to me that he posted a request for SV logs, and he was the only SV hunter on Malkorok. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
keaghen 0 Report post Posted August 31, 2014 My UI 3 Seconds before Pull Glaive Toss? Quite scared it will reach before the timer is at 0 and my raid gets mad. I'll try AMoC more often. Im using Blink Strikes because its easier and i thought the Crows dont do much Dmg . Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Niix 169 Report post Posted August 31, 2014 (edited) If not at 3, do it at 2. Take a look at this log, my Muder did close to 4m damage. That is a rank 25 parse. Take a look at both my dots, my cooldown usage, and the damage of Muder. Your UI is fine, just pay more attention to those debuff timers, try to turn them into bars so you can see the progress better, and I would suggest an icon weak aura for when they aren't up. Because having low uptimes on DoTs that should be close to 95% is horrible. Edited August 31, 2014 by Niix Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
keaghen 0 Report post Posted September 1, 2014 (edited) Do i have to delay some cooldowns so i can stack them ? My cloak proccs on hit not on cast, or am i wrong ?(Still scared of failpulling with glaives) Edited September 1, 2014 by keaghen Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Niix 169 Report post Posted September 1, 2014 (edited) You'll have to do some math and testing yourself to figure out how many CDs you can get in your guilds fight lengths. For example. My guild kills Iron Juggernaut in about 3:40. So that means the second my stampede comes off cooldown I need to hit it right away or I won't get a second one. You just have to figure it out based on your guild's kill times. Edited September 1, 2014 by Niix Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Orthios 272 Report post Posted September 1, 2014 Well, since we're all posting UI's, I may as well post mine too. Yes, I know. I'm not tracking my procs. In a way I am, as I have JSHB set up to show them. Trinket buffs, potions, and other such cds (when they are up) are above the cooldown row, which is above the focus bar. Yes, I am specced MM in this SS, but my UI doesn't change any when I switch specs. On an unrelated note, I finally got a normal Garrosh kill in tonight. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Niix 169 Report post Posted September 1, 2014 (edited) On an unrelated note, I finally got a normal Garrosh kill in tonight. Wait wat. What ilvl is your hunter? Edit: DUDE I thought you were like 585+ Edited September 1, 2014 by Niix Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Orthios 272 Report post Posted September 1, 2014 Wait wat. What ilvl is your hunter? Edit: DUDE I thought you were like 585+ LOLOLOLOL I WISH. My hunter is 563 atm. Been doing normal pugs over the summer and finally got the kill. And if you haven't figured it out, my armory is in my signature. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Niix 169 Report post Posted September 1, 2014 LOLOLOLOL I WISH. My hunter is 563 atm. Been doing normal pugs over the summer and finally got the kill. And if you haven't figured it out, my armory is in my signature. Yeah I just checked your Armory, damn man you sure come off like you're way more experienced than your character would lead people to believe. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Krazyito 521 Report post Posted September 1, 2014 My UI 3 Seconds before Pull Glaive Toss? Quite scared it will reach before the timer is at 0 and my raid gets mad. I'll try AMoC more often. Im using Blink Strikes because its easier and i thought the Crows dont do much Dmg . You can make those DoT times into bars and it may be easier for your to notice when they come off. Alternatively, you can make a greyed out version of the dot when its not up. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Sargerik 5 Report post Posted September 1, 2014 I'd show my UI but I totally ninja'd Niix's as his setup was pleasing to my eye and was close to what I was rolling anyways . BTWOrthios cant believe your a pansy smelling NE with all the knowledge you have regarding hunters I thought you would have chosen a better race to play...lol Dwarf for the WIN , unless your horde then its TROLL... With that all being said , keaghen I would most definitely make some weak auras to help your watch your procs /trinks CD's or anything else you feel that you might need to monitor and place it somewhere you can easily see it w/o it cluttering up your screen. Also seeing that you missed on a lot of your signature shots , dots it might help to go and just brush up again on reading the SV guides , I mean I still go back and reread them all the time and I also bother some players in-game cough cough Niix cough cough.I'm far from a great hunter but asking some simple questions and posting my logs people like Orthios and Niix as well as many other people on this site have helped me improve my play Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Orthios 272 Report post Posted September 1, 2014 Orthios cant believe your a pansy smelling NE with all the knowledge you have regarding hunters I thought you would have chosen a better race to play...lol Dwarf for the WIN , unless your horde then its TROLL... I created my hunter 3 years ago as my first character. At that point I thought the night elves looked cool and fitting for a hunter since general elvish lore has wood elves having superior archery/hunting skills (from what books I've read at least). If I cared more about min-maxing my hunter, yes I would race change to Dwarf if I stayed Alliance (which I would likely do because my family mostly has Alliance characters and I can't just abandon them after 3 years) or to Orc or Troll if I faction changed to horde. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Sargerik 5 Report post Posted September 1, 2014 UGH defeated by lore ..... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Krazyito 521 Report post Posted September 1, 2014 Eww dwarfs. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
keaghen 0 Report post Posted September 4, 2014 (edited) http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/DyMHPAhBKqT4F9Qc/#fight=29&type=damage-done&source=5 So i kept an eye on the things you guys said (dotuptime, talents, opener) and i gained about 70k dps per fight. Dont know if its somehow related to the raid comp (rnd raid). I still struggle with the opener and have to practice a lot but i think i start improving a little. Thanks so far for all your help. P.S. Is blink strikes superior to crows on the nargrim enc. ? Edited September 4, 2014 by keaghen Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Orthios 272 Report post Posted September 4, 2014 Serpent sting uptime is much better, and Black Arrow uptime is as well. BA uptime should be closer to 95-98%, and it did fall off a few times, remember to use it either on cd or right before it falls off, even during LnL strings. You can get lucky and have LnL still up when its ICD ends and get a second proc to refresh LnL and put it to 2 stacks again. As for the opener, if you're worried you'll pull before the tank taunts, that's what misdirection is for. Use MD when the tank puts up the pull timer (or at ~8 seconds if it's longer than that). The big thing I see in your opener is your first cast of Arcane Shot prevented you from using Explosive Shot right when it cam off cd, which was right when you cast Arcane. I assume the diesngage was to get to a puddle, which is completely acceptable. Outside of that, make sure you are watching ES's cd like a hawk. I found a couple of instances where you didn't use it for 8-11 seconds after the last one. Your UI does have cd tracking, so when it shows ~2s left on the cd, start making sure you have enough focus for it. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
keaghen 0 Report post Posted September 4, 2014 Whats worse: Refresh BA with it still ticking on the target or let it drop off even for a second ? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
f0nZi3 7 Report post Posted September 4, 2014 My UI 3 Seconds before Pull Glaive Toss? Quite scared it will reach before the timer is at 0 and my raid gets mad. I'll try AMoC more often. Im using Blink Strikes because its easier and i thought the Crows dont do much Dmg . If you don't mind me asking, what UI are you using? It looks similar to the ElvUI but I like the simplicity and minimalist look of yours more. :) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites