FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Neviriah

FFXIV: Dawntrail - Speculations About the New Jobs!

FF14-Dawntrail-Job-Speculation.jpg

Final Fantasy XIV: Dawntrail will introduce two new jobs: a melee DPS and a caster DPS. Find out what they could be, based on clues and theories from fans and the game’s director.

Final Fantasy XIV: Dawntrail, which will be released in summer 2024, will take players to the New World continent of Tural, where they will encounter new cultures, environments, and challenges. One of the most exciting features of Dawntrail, however, is the introduction of two new jobs: a melee DPS and a caster DPS. While the official names and details of these jobs have not been revealed yet, fans have been speculating based on some clues and hints from the game’s director and producer, Naoki Yoshida.

New Jobs: Clues and Theories

YoshidaFF14DawntrailTshirtTease.jpg
The first clue came from Yoshida’s t-shirt during the Fan Festival 2023 in Las Vegas, where he announced the expansion. The t-shirt featured the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: a popular comic book and cartoon series about four anthropomorphic turtles who are trained in ninjutsu by a rat master. This led some fans to believe that one of the new jobs could be related to those characters.

Some possible names for this speculated job are:

• Painter or Pictomancer, as the Ninja Turtles have names related to painters: Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, and Raphael.
  • Beast Master, because the Ninja Turtles are animals who can communicate with other creatures.
  • Corsair. The Ninja Turtles are often seen fighting with guns and swords, and it would perfectly fit the Pirate theme of the Expansion.
  • Fencer, since the Ninja Turtles use different types of blades as their weapons.

Another clue came from the trailer of Dawntrail, where the Warrior of Light is seen fighting with a single sword in one hand and nothing in the other. This could suggest that one of the new DPS jobs could use a sword as a weapon and either cast spells with their free hand, or use a pistol with it.

Some possible names for this speculated job are:

• Mystic Knight or Spellblade, as these are classes that have combined swordplay and magic in previous Final Fantasy games.
  • Sword Mage or Blade Caster, due to the names that describe the hybrid nature of this job.
  • Pirate or Swashbuckler, as these are names that fit the theme of sailing and adventure, as well as existing in previous Final Fantasy games. 

Of course, these are just speculations and theories, and we will have to wait until Yoshida reveals more information about the new jobs in future events. However, we can expect that the new jobs will offer unique gameplay mechanics, skills, and abilities that will enhance the combat system and diversity of Final Fantasy XIV. We can also expect that the new jobs will have their own storylines, quests, and gear that will immerse players in the lore and culture of Tural.

F2JEgZba8AEuoS0.jpg

Final Fantasy XIV: Dawntrail is already shaping up to be an amazing expansion that will bring many new features and content to the game. We are especially excited about the new jobs, because they are one of the most anticipated aspects of Dawntrail, as they will offer new ways to play and enjoy the game.

• Like 2

Since the shirt is clearly a hint, I vote for a pizza eating ninja turtle to take the meele job XDDD ~ as for close range? Pizza throwing ninja turtle. I think those are, realistically, the only two options.

3 minutes ago, Sreliata said:

Since the shirt is clearly a hint, I vote for a pizza eating ninja turtle to take the meele job XDDD ~ as for close range? Pizza throwing ninja turtle. I think those are, realistically, the only two options.

A pizza eating ninja turtle would definitely be something else, for sure. As well as a pizza throwing ninja turtle, although I'd put that one more as a caster since you do not have to be close range to throw something?

On a more serious note: personally, I'm really hoping for beast master, corsair, or swashbuckler. Although painter has me intrigued as well 😄

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Neviriah said:

A pizza eating ninja turtle would definitely be something else, for sure. As well as a pizza throwing ninja turtle, although I'd put that one more as a caster since you do not have to be close range to throw something?

On a more serious note: personally, I'm really hoping for beast master, corsair, or swashbuckler. Although painter has me intrigued as well 😄

As I mentioned: one would be a Ninja, and the other a pizza throwing turtle. Throwing, being range. Ninja being meele. XD If only!

That said: yes, Swashbuckler would be very cool. Or perhaps a summoner, like Yuna from FFX. How cool would that be?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sreliata said:

as for close range? Pizza throwing ninja turtle.

Pizza Throwing Ninja Turtles
Casters in a half-shell
Pizza power !

They're Eorzea's most fearsome fighting team !
They're casters in a half-shell and they're green
When the evil Ascian attacks
These Turtle boys don't cut him no slack!

P.T.N.T.

14 hours ago, dylanland234 said:

What about the old templar idea? Think of who the ninja turtles fight 

Templar was related to church and such, not sure it would fit that much here since the theme seems to me more around pirates and such. I don't know enough about Ninja turtles, what enemy do you mean that they fight? 

Man, he couldn't have just worn the shirt because it's cool, especially when we already have both Ninja and Samurai jobs in the game.

Red Mage is your Mystic Knight/Spellblade/Fencer, the melee side of the job literally uses fencing terms for its skill names.

Calling Beast Master and Pictomancer, unless they do something unexpected like pull some of the overlapping skills back from White Mage and bring out the Green Mage finally.

Edit - Also keep in mind that most of our exposure regarding the New World comes from the Blue Mage questline indicating a more indigenous culture experience awaiting us.

Edited by SidonisAntares

2 minutes ago, SidonisAntares said:

Man, he couldn't have just worn the shirt because it's cool, especially when we already have both Ninja and Samurai jobs in the game.

Red Mage is your Mystic Knight/Spellblade/Fencer, the melee side of the job literally uses fencing terms for its skill names.

Calling Beast Master and Pictomancer, unless they do something unexpected like pull some of the overlapping skills back from White Mage and bring out the Green Mage finally.

Edit - Also keep in mind that most of our exposure regarding the New World comes from the Blue Mage questline indicating a more indigenous culture experience awaiting us.

I'd have agreed with Beast Master if it weren't for this. Someone caught a frame in the trailer, right before it cuts out where Meteor is fighting the Mamool Ja. Definitely a gun here.

gun.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dook said:

I'd have agreed with Beast Master if it weren't for this. Someone caught a frame in the trailer, right before it cuts out where Meteor is fighting the Mamool Ja. Definitely a gun here.

gun.jpg

I can get down with Swashbuckler/Corsair, certainly more credible than wild speculation based off a TMNT t-shirt.

Honestly, Geomancer is one class that has been actually name dropped that I've been seriously waiting to appear as a playable class, so I am hoping that's the caster dps. Apart from that, considering the shenanigans that already happened, I'd not be surprised if Time Mage somehow became a caster dps.

As for the melee dps class, I'd definitely love to have Beast Master be a unique pet-focused melee class, with you doing melee combos with your beast. However, with the sailing theme going on, I'm guessing its probably going to be Pirate, Corsair, Fencer, or Swashbuckler.

Am i the only one who thought it would be a free lancer?

the few reasons i thought of was the fact that freelancers could use multiple weapons, the new expansion is us going on a new adventure and in the older ff games Freelancer was the starter class. Im not sure if im on to something or im reaching lol

I would love to see a green mage melee class like if they put Tidus from ff10 but as a class since he was a kinda like a physical green mage in a way.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this