FORUMS
Stan

Big Dumb Guild Disbands

Sn-mka-obrazovky-2024-03-01-o-13-02-49.j

Lozy, the Guild Master and Founder of Big Dumb Guild (BDG), announced the guild is disbanding after a little over 9 years.

Pointing to a decline in leadership, the departure of core players, and the loss of sponsorship as the primary reasons for the guild's dissolution, Lozy, the Guild Master of Big Dumb Guild, shared the following thoughts on the guild's website:

As some of you may have noticed, we haven't really done anything since our kill 2 months ago. Some of this time has been for a break, some for considering which direction to go in the future, and some of it has just been me dragging my feet. After a putting a little over 9 years of my life into running this guild (first raid Oct 28, 2014), I'm announcing the disbanding of BDG as a hardcore/RWF guild.

A couple of the bigger reasons for this that all kinda work together:

•  Decline in leadership, both in quality and quantity. This has mostly been a recent problem, but I definitely don't feel the same level of desire I did back in the Castle/Sanctum days when I was excited to do work. It’s not fair to say raiding became an obligation for me, but the passion and desire was gone. I could have done better. Couple that with having to change out basically my entire officer team twice in the past year, business partners stepping away, and high amounts of stress/anxiety I've been feeling since Castle, I'm left with little motivation to continue this other than inertia. It doesn't feel right for me to give my guys anything short of my best.
  •  Losing core players each tier either to retirement/burnout or taking offers from the top 3 (as they should). Regardless of the quality of their replacements, the process slowed us down and created a sense of a perpetual rebuild that gave the guild something of an identity crisis. Anyone who has been here for even a year knows what I mean, and it sucks. This just isn't something most core raiders on roster want to do again for the 3rd time.
  •  Loss of sponsorship has a lot to do with the above points as well. This mostly ties into the first point of us not doing enough internally to secure our future, but pretty obviously the scene requires money that doesn't exist here anymore. Makes it hard for anyone to justify the time commitment outside of extreme passion, which frankly speaking, most people lose in about two tiers.

As for what happened this tier, I think we always knew a rebuild tier was gonna be rough. I thought Aberrus was going to be a rough rebuilding tier with all the stuff we endured post Vault (key players retiring, new officers, handful of people leaving a month before the tier), but we somehow pulled a W4th out of that. It seemed like it was feasible to match that performance, or at least get close, so that's where the expectation got set. After we realized we were not playing up to this standard (early Smolderon), that kinda set us on a path that spiraled down into poor play and attitudes we had to fight through primarily, rather than just fighting the mechanics. I am proud we stuck it out through all that though and finished the tier, as I think it would've felt significantly worse to end halfway through, which looked like a real possibility at one point.  

I do want to express my sincerest gratitude for everyone who has been through this guild, all 295 of you. If I've learned anything in the past 2 months of not really playing WoW, it's the people that I miss the most, more so than the game. Ultimately, you all are what made this special. Feel free to DM me if you want to talk about the old days, high points, or low points. Anything from the US200 days in early WoD, or one of our INSANE world firsts (Vectis or Desolate Host or Fated Sire woooo), fun games of League or Tabletop, or any of the RWFs we took part in, or just to catch up! I'd be happy to talk to all of you, and wish you great success in life.

I'd also like to shout out all the officers and leadership that have been in this project with me. I think you all are some of the best gaming friends I've made, and a lot of you have challenged me and pushed me to be a better person and a better leader, and I'll always be thankful for that. There's gonna be a few too many people to list here, but from the early days of US 200th with Glade, Dhaubbs, Comfy, and Bubba, to our nightly era with Maevey, Witts, Cherryvodka, and Darkbard, to our most recent era with Dbzy, Darkfurion, Shampy, Impakt, Hyper, Sloot, Maple, Ftm, Crystal, Wolf, Zoey, and Flawless - I want to thank all of you for the work and sacrifices you put into making this guild a place I will never forget.

I also want to extend a huge thank you to all the people we worked with at Golden Guardians: Hunter, Spellsy, Danan, and Johnny to name a few. You all truly enabled my dream of participating in the RWF, and I'm not sure how to ever properly thank you all for that.

To my analyst team this tier - Choice, Doro, John, and Permok: I very much appreciate all the work you did behind the scenes, prepping, and after/before hours to keep me in the raid. Scared to think where we would've been without the instant WA support, or all the late-night Aug TCing, datamining, or anything and everything else. I hope you all can find another home in the scene if you want. Don't be strangers.

Lastly, I want to thank everyone in the community, in particular the people that tuned into our streams, helped us with crafting, splits, participated in our charity events, or just had fun interactions with our members. You all are the single most important aspect of WoW, and your support meant the world to us. May all your journeys be filled with success and adventure!

As for myself, I haven't committed to a future direction yet, in game or out of game. I still think there's a lot of passion in me for this game and this community, I just need a few months off to figure it all out after redlining it for 3 years straight. Maybe I'll be a part of the RWF elsewhere, maybe I'll reform with a some friends as a chill(er) nighttime guild for the new expansion (any ex-raiders that made it this far hit me up).

With heartfelt thanks and best wishes,

Lozy

GM/Founder of BDG

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Arcling said:

It seems like more and more guilds are quitting raiding.

6 hours ago, AlvarinMW said:

Raiding isn't that fun anymore as before.... Blizz made wrong directions 

This is the problem, it does not take long before raiding becomes a chore rather than being fun. The other is how over time the boss fights in raids are becoming more and more complicated, that it eventually becomes tiring.

This is why I see more folks do M+'s as they are relatively short, are not always to same due to affixes, and are not overly complicated.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      If you didn't have the chance or time to read the latest short story about Alleria, we're breaking it down for you.
      You can read and download "A Whisper of Warning" by Delilah S. Dawson here.
      Short Story Highlights
      The short story explores the complexities of Alleria's relationships. Her interactions with Lor'themar, her conflicted emotion towards Turalyon (stemming from her affiliation with the Void), and her efforts to reconnect with Arator, who has grown into a a man.
      Alleria's Arrival in Silvermoon City
      The story starts with Alleria Windrunner arriving at Silvermoon City. She reminisces about her days as defender of the city. Once a revered hero, she now faces suspicion and outright hostility from the very people she protected...
      Internal Conflict and Whispers from the Void
      Alleria is haunted by the whispers of the Void, a dark force she's tapped into. These whispers try to corrupt her, urging her to betray those she meets and seize the power she's always been wary of.
      Mission Involving the Mysterious Dark Heart
      Archmage Khadgar tasks Alleria to investigate the Dark heart, a mysterious object fraught with dangerous potential that could threaten everything.
      A Tense Reunion with the Regent Lord
      Back in Silvermoon, Alleria meets Regent Lord Lor'themar Theron. Their reunion is tense, he confronts Alleria about her past actions, which he believes led to the corruption of the Sunwell.
      Estranged Relationship With Son
      The reason why Alleria went to Silvermoon was to warn her son, Arator, about the Dark Heart. She wants to protect him from the imminent danger and advise him to stay away from the brewing conflict.
      Familial and Cultural Allienation
      As she walks walks the streets of Silvermoon, the fear and mistrust from the residents is palpable. It is more than clear she's alienated not just from her homeland, but from her son and her partner, Turalyon, too.
      Plea to Arator
      She implores Arator to avoid the conflict related to the Dark Heart, mirroring her own determination to protect him from the perils she faces.
      Stressful Departure 
      The narrative closes on Alleria leaving Silvermoon under difficulty circumstances. Though she is set to continue on her quest regardint the Dark heart, she holds onto a sliver of hope for eventual reconciliation with her son Arator and her city.
      Alleria's Difficult Relationships
      Relationship with Arator
      Alleria's son Arator always had a distant but caring relationship with his mother. Despite their enstrangement, she is profoundly concerned for his safety.
      Relationship with Turalyon
      Alleria and Turalyon's relationship is complex and strained by her connection to the Void, which has caused both physical and emotional distance between them.
      Despite all strains, there is an enduring love between them, highlighted by their moments of deep emotional connection and mutual respect for each other's duties and battles.
      Their conversations in the story indicate unresolved tension and the challenge of accepting Alleria's evolving nature.
      Relationship with the Void
      The Void continuously torments Alleria with whispers that tempt her to embrace dark actions and doubt her relationships.
      Alleria battles against the Void's influence, striving to maintain control over her actions and resist the destructive urges it instills.
      The Void's presence is a significant part of Alleria's identity and the main cause of conflict with Turalyon and Arator.
    • By Staff
      The War Within introduces a bag with a unique effect that boosts your running speed.
      The Arathor Courier's Satchel is the first bag in World of Warcraft to feature an effect typically reserved for items. When equipped, it increases your run speed outdoors by 3% while in Khaz Algar, as indicated by the Arathor Courier's Satchel item effect."

• By Stan
      Haldu's Dragonflight Helper is a WeakAura used for tracking weeklies, rares, and event timers!
      Features
      Haldu's Dragonflight Helper comes packed with immensely powerful tracking capabilities, allowing you to maximize your effectiveness during gameplay. Simply keep track of weekly objectives, event timers, Grant Hunt locations, track your keystones, currencies, and the Great Vault.
      Event Timers
      Aylaag Camps Community Feast Dragonbane Siege Forbidden Reach Storms Grand Hunt Primal Storms Researchers Under Fire Storm's Fury Superblooms Time Rifts Zaralek Cavern Events
      Grant Hunt Locations
      Display the active Grand Hunt zone. Primal Storm Activity
      Display active Primal Storms (and the zone they're in). Faction Renown
      Display faction renown progress for easy viewing. Mythic+ Keystones
      Display your current keystone, and see the keystones of your party, raid, and guild members.
      Item / Currency Tracking
      Display items and currencies you're interested in seeing at a glance.
      Great Vault Tracking
      Display your Great Vault progress without having to open the window. Weekly Quest Tracking
      Display weeklies with option to hide completed. Profession Weekly Quests
      Display your progress of weekly Disturbed Dirt / Scout Pack profession loot, profession quests, crafting order weekly, lootable profession items, and treatise.
      "Super Rares"
      Display rares (super or regular) with the option to hide already defeated.
      Display rare loot table (with option for class relevance) when cursor is over right-side icon, Shift + Left Click will display the loot table in chat. Waypoints! When Control + Left Click on rare right-side icon, will generate a waypoint (tomtom if installed, blizz if not).
      "Vault" Rares
      Display Forbidden Reach rares with the option to hide already defeated.
      Waypoints! When Control + Left Click on rare right-side icon, will generate a waypoint (tomtom if installed, blizz if not). "Primal" Rares
      Display primal rares with the option to hide already defeated. "Spark" Rares
      Display which spark rares will be available and when!
      Waypoints! When Control + Left Click on rare right-side icon, will generate a waypoint (tomtom if installed, blizz if not). The robust settings allow you to adjust what to track.

How to Install?
      Interested in trying out WeakAura? First, you'll need to download WeakAuras. Ensure that the addon is enabled when you log into the game. At the character selection screen, go to Addons and verify that it's activated. If you're using an older version of the addon, remember to select the "Load Outdated Addons" option.
      Once you've set up WeakAuras, navigate to Haldu's Dragonflight Helper and copy the string to import it into the game.
    • By Staff
      Patch 10.2.7 goes live today and here are the maintenance times for both regions.
      Players in the US region can expect an eight-hour downtime which should conclude at 3:00 PM PDT.
        Game Start   End Comments World of Warcraft: Dragonflight 07/05/2024, 7:00AM - 07/05/2024, 3:00PM Game unavailable during this time. World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Classic 07/05/2024, 7:00AM - 07/05/2024, 08:00AM Game unavailable during this time. World of Warcraft: Classic 07/05/2024, 7:00AM - 07/05/2024, 08:00AM Game unavailable during this time. Diablo Immortal (EU, AUS) 05/07/2024, 5:00PM - 05/07/2024, 7:00PM Game unavailable during this time. Diablo Immortal (NA) 05/08/2024, 1:00AM - 05/08/2024, 03:00AM Game unavailable during this time. All times are in PDT.
      Please follow @BlizzardCS on Twitter for further updates.
      The maintenance in the EU region is slated for tomorrow, starting at 3:00 AM CEST. Servers should be live by 11:00 AM.
        Game Start   End Comments World of Warcraft: Dragonflight 08/05/2024, 03:00 - 08/05/2024, 11:00 Game unavailable during this time. World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Classic 08/05/2024, 03:00 - 08/05/2024, 04:00 Game unavailable during this time. World of Warcraft: Classic 08/05/2024, 03:00 - 08/05/2024, 04:00 Game unavailable during this time. Diablo Immortal 08/05/2024, 02:00 - 08/05/2024, 04:00 Game unavailable during this time. All times are in CEST.
      Please follow @BlizzardCSEU_EN on Twitter for further updates.
    • By Stan
      We're looking at everything we currently know about the War Within pre-patch event and the rewards you can get!
      When Will the War Within Pre-Patch Event Start?
      We expect the War Within pre-patch to go live and last for 1 month before the War Within expansion launches.
      Trading Post Activities
      Datamined Trading Post activities have revealed some interesting information about the War Within pre-patch event.
      The event is called Radiant Echoes. The currency we'll be collecting is called Residual Memories. The main goal of the event is to defeat Radiant Memories across Azeroth and three villains -- Remembered Onyxia, Remembered Lich King, and Remembered Firelord (Ragnaros).
      Achievements
      We've also found some achievements tied to the Radiant Echoes on Khaz Algar that probably are not tied to the pre-patch event, but they will most likely share the same mechanic as mobs used during the pre-patch event. As you can see, there is an Echochaser title reward from Echos of Danger.

Spells
      The following spells in the game are tied to Radiant Echoes:
      Radiant Chord - Release the Radiant Chord at a Radiant Echo allowing you to experience Azeroth's memories.. Able to perceive and interact with Radiant Echoes, experiencing Azeroth's memories. Memory of Cheated Death - The next time you would die within a Radiant Echo, you don't.. Memory of Cheated Death - The next time you die within a Radiant Echo, you won't. Lasts for 5 min and is removed when triggered. War Within Pre-Patch Event Rewards
      Remembrancer Amuul in Dalaran is selling all the rewards tied to the pre-patch event. The rewards include gear, pets, bags, and a craftabler Heirloom ring.
      Warbound Gear
      Item Level 493 (1/8) BoA Champion gear can be purchased for Radiant Memories. The gear carries the "Dalaran's Defender" prefix and you can find a full list of available items over on WoWDB.

Trinkets
      In addition to gear, you can also buy the following trinkets from the vendor:
      Faded Ebony Scale Shriveled Ancient Tentacle Weathered Northrend Crest Bags
      Two bags can be purchased during the pre-patch event:
      Recruit's Reagent Bag (Warbound 30-slot reagent bag); Defender's Hefty Satchel (Warbound 32-slot regular bag). Battle Pets
      3 Battle Pets can be purchased from Amuul. These cost 25 Residual Memories each.
      Remembered Riverpaw Remembered Spawn Remembered Construct
      Heirloom Ring
      Players must combine three essences (Essence of the Eastern Kingdoms, Essence of Northrend, Essence of Kalimdor) with Lifeless Stone Ring to create a new Heirloom Ring called Band of Radiant Echoes.
      Lifeless Stone Ring can be purchased from the pre-patch event gear vendor in Dalaran.
      Each essences requires combining 20 memories (e.g. Memory of Kalimdor) that most likely drop from mobs during the event. These are Warbound and shared across all characters on your account. 
      That's all we currently have about the War Within pre-patch event. All items tied to it have been added in the initial Patch 11.0 build, but the event itself is not available for testing on the Internal Alpha.