FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Staff

Outdoor Mounted Combat Arrives for Death Knights!

78632-upcoming-death-knight-changes-in-t

The legendarily movement-impaired Death Knights finally get some love in that department in the War Within (well, at least outdoors)! 

The Rider of the Apocalypse Hero tree is bringing mobility to DKs, with the On a Paler Horse On a Paler Horse talent allowing players to mount their Acherus Deathcharger Acherus Deathcharger while in combat. Unfortunately the Hero tree is only available to Frost and Unholy specs, so the tanks will have to drag themselves around as they have so far. The talent won't work inside raids and dungeons, but you can just switch over to the Death Charge Death Charge talent instead, which gets an extra charge from Death's Echo Death's Echo as well, for two 10-second movement bursts. 

• Like 1

The idea is cool but I don't really care for the idea behind the Riders of the Apocalypse hero talents, I feel like they're trying really hard to stay away from the necromantic aspects of the Death Knight.

When the group wipes and only the DK is alive against the boss 

Edited by zigrifid
  • Like 1

i really like this idea but from the video my god the animations looks so crap i hope they can do something better with them

Edited by Borgoff33

Nobody cares about these things if they can not be use in end game content…outdoors only things are just boring. Also why leave out Blood do these people even play their own game???

Edited by Guz

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      We're well and truly in the end-of-expansion era, as the solo raid boss kills are rolling in! We've recently seen an Awakened penultimate raid boss go down to a lone Demon Hunter, and now it's time for not one but two Jormungars  endbosses (albeit slightly more Sleepened) to lose their 1v1 to a regular Hunter.
      Prolific solo artist Durendil, who we've previously seen in many 2-man kills and a Mythic Helya solo way back when. He's been soloing many things since then, and now he's managed to get both non-Awakened Raszageth and Sarkareth down! This particular endeavor had a bit of a time limit on it, as come week 7 of Season 4, all raids will be Awakened and players won't be able to access their regular versions anymore - making these solos impossible! And that's next week!
      And so today, late in week 6, with only 3 days to go, Durendil did it! Raszageth's greatest obstacle was the shield, of course, as the lone Hunter can't break it. And that means a breezy 8ish million damage to survive over 3 minutes. Luckily, with some serious tank trinkets (Seal of Filial Duty +  Ward of Faceless Ire) and the ever-favorite for solos, Seal of Diurna's Chosen (which we also saw in the Awakened solo), as well as a defensive Bloodlust (aka Primal Rage) to increase Leech healing, he did just that and got the Incarnate of the Vault down!
      Here's the full description of what went down in the Vault:
      The survival requirements here were insane - and the first intermission rush was quite tight too.
      Logs : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wTMaQpq7G3jzCcgd#fight=last
      The survival requirements came from phase 2. Since I couldn’t destroy the shields, and the DoT it puts if not broken is massive, I had to somehow survive 7.8 million damage in 3 and a half minutes. So I used double tank trinkets - from Fyrakk’s and Neltharion’s - and Diurna’s ring. And used Heroism in order to get more heals from leech and Heal CD reduction, plus all defensives, and potion.
      In phase 1, I used the tank trinket on my pet so he could survive the 4th tank stack. When my pet died, I made sure she cast her next tank ability on my second pet before rezzing.
      Intermission 1 : I jumped on the platform before the adds spawned. Then on the first platform I had my CDs, so I went from add to add before the previous one even died. If you don’t switch platform at the beginning of her breath, if she wants to cast a breath but you are in the middle, she will wipe you because she can’t find a target. So I had to switch before the third breath. Then on the other platform kill one big add at a time.
      Phase 2 : Long story short, I planned my defensives for maximum efficiency. I used turtle at the end of the first and third shield. I also used the Rageheart shield quickly so it came back at the beginning of the second shield and the middle of the third. Since I didn't have turtle for the second shield, the 90-seconds DoT was the hardest part. Finally, during shields, I dismissed my pet to clear his tank stacks.
      Intermission 3 : I could actually wipe here if I let small adds buff the damage of the big one.
      Phase 3 : a dps race. I had tank trinkets, was in full AoE spec and blew hero at the worst possible time for damage. But I had enough gear to kill her before the room was full of Lightning.
      Then there's that one guy in Aberrus. Sarkareth required an entirely different approach, as he had a hard timer, with the third black hole meaning instant death. That's an 8 minute timer, so the exact opposite was needed than on Raszageth, a full single-target DPS setup, despite there being quite a few adds in the fight.
      Here's the full explanation of the fight:
      This boss is the opposite of Razageth - it was all about dps, since the third black hole was an instant wipe. So I had to go single-target - but then I didn’t have the dps for boss + adds. So I had to kill as few adds as I could afford without getting killed by the remaining ones.
      logs : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2FGNBXLc3yYnTarW#fight=last
      Note that I had the embellishment that adds dps if I'm over 90% health. Hence why I used CDs so liberally when I didn't need them later. I also avoided using Bestial Wrath when I was about to stop dps for any reason.
      Phase 1 : I used heroism here. It's about the same dps gain than using it in phase 2. And the objective was getting the boss to 40% before phase 3. I made sure to stop dps as soon as he became immune, since I was playing the controlled current technique and I wanted it to proc in phase 2.
      Phase 2 : I waited to get out in order to get my CDs back. The first adds get annihilated by my CD. The bombs put 7 stacks - 10 is an instant wipe, so any extra stack could cause a wipe. For the second adds, I could survive 3. I trapped one, and as soon as I had bestial wrath up, I killed 2. So only 2 were casting, which I could survive. Then I used CDs on the boss to get it to 40%. At 41%, if phase 3 wasn't coming yet, I focused adds during the "extra" time. Then I finished them during the boss immunity.
      Phase 3 : You get 10 stacks, you die. And turtle doesn't block stacks from the beams or the black hole. So I could only immune the bombs. In other words, The third black hole was an instant wipe because it was the 10th stack and unavoidable. After the first ascension, I had to get the boss to come nearer to the rock or I would be out of range during the hiding. I used my CD to AoE the adds. I immuned on the first bombs. Then on the second ascension I wanted to trap an add and kill another, but It failed. Still, I could survive 2 adds. And after about five 1% wipes, I got him with around 20 seconds to spare. So I guess the optimisation paid off.

So huge congrats to Durendil for managing to pull these two kills off before the Awakening timer went off! Amirdrassil wasn't really on the menu at all since it's currently Awakened, so unless we see some more Awakened solos, this might be it for the Dragonflight World Firsts.
    • By Stan
      ConzilF2P has broken their own record, speed-running the Temple of the Jade Serpent dungeon in under 45 seconds on a trial character in MoP Remix.
      If I recall correctly, their previous best was just under 50 seconds (49.95), and now they’ve shaved off 5 seconds.
      Here’s the full video of the run.

• By Starym
      It's time for another Lord Momentor video, as he takes us through the entirety of this month's Trading Post! Whether you're just curious to see what's arrived or maybe even looking to see if there's something worth coming back to pick up, we're taking a look at all the rewards in movement. From the hoverboard-like and adorable turtle mounts to some impressive sword and shield combos, the many breezy beach-wear items, and of course the water gun, there's something for everyone!
      Ok, gameshow host voice aside, that Corrupted Bladefist is really cool.
      And here's the month's bonus reward, a toy which lets you display your water blasters!

• By Staff
      We have a big batch of class tuning coming with next week's reset! 6 classes get changes in both PvE and PvP, with Seal of Diurna's Chosen getting a big 50% nerf in PvP as well. It's all buffs on the PvE side, while the PvP changes are more of a mixed bag, so let's take a look.
      Tuning (Source)
      We regularly make combat design adjustments based on gameplay data and feedback from players on class performance. With scheduled weekly maintenance in each region, we’ll make the following changes to classes that are over- and under-performing in various areas:
      Classes
      Evoker Preservation All healing increased by 6%. Does not apply to PvP combat. Druid Restoration Moonfire now costs 0.3% mana (was 1.2%). Hunter Survival Survival Hunter 4-set Focus cost reduction increased to 20 (was 10). Survival Hunter 4-set damage bonus increased to 80% (was 50%). Paladin Holy Word of Glory healing increased by 15%. Does not affect PvP combat. Light of Dawn healing increased by 20%. Shaman Brimming with Life now increases maximum health by 10% (was 8%). Enhancement Chain Lighting damage increased by 10%. Flame Shock damage increased by 10%. Frost Shock damage increased by 10%. Fire Nova damage increased by 10%. Crash Lightning damage increased by 10%. Primordial Wave’s additional Lightning Bolts now deal 175% of normal damage (was 150%). Not applied to PvP combat. Warlock Fear now costs 4% of base mana (was 5%). Demonic Gateway now costs 10% of base mana (was 20%). Player versus Player
      Items Seal of Diurna’s Chosen will deal 50% reduced damage in PvP combat. Demon Hunter Havoc All damage reduced by 4% in PvP combat. Demonic Wards now reduces magic damage taken by 5% in PvP combat (was 10%). Druid Balance Developers’ notes: We recently removed the PvP nerf for Frenzied Regeneration primarily to help Feral Druids, but Balance Druids got a windfall and became a little too powerful with this change. We’re pulling back on this buff specifically for Balance Druid only, so that their survivability is more in line with everyone else. Frenzied Regeneration heals for 5% health every sec (was 8%) for Balance Druid in PvP combat. Balance of All Things will now give the correct amount of critical strike chance in PvP combat when 2 talent points are invested into it. Restoration Wrath damage increased by 50% in PvP combat. Starfire damage increased by 50% in PvP combat. Moonfire damage increased by 80% in PvP combat. Hunter Marksmanship Sniper Shot’s (PvP Talent) range increase reduced to 30% (was 40%). Sniper Shot’s (PvP Talent) damage is no longer affected by Mastery: Sniper Training. Paladin Holy Flash of Light healing increased by 12% in PvP combat. Judgment damage increased by 30% in PvP combat. Hammer of Wrath damage increased by 50% in PvP combat. Holy Shock damage increased by 20% in PvP combat. Glimmer of Light damage decreased by 25% in PvP combat (was 30%). Priest Mental Agility now reduces the mana cost of Mass Dispel, Purify, and Purify Disease by 25% in PvP combat (was 50%). Holy Holy Fire’s direct damage is now reduced by 20% in PvP combat. The cooldown of Chastise is now reduced by 1 second per talent point from Voice of Harmony in PvP combat (was 2 seconds). Rogue Subtlety Rupture damage is now increased by 15% in PvP combat. Backstab damage is now increased by 45% in PvP combat (was 30%). Gloomblade damage is now increased by 45% in PvP combat (was 30%).
    • By Stan
      Theramore Tabard and Mini-Mana Bomb can now be purchased from vendors in MoP Remix.
      In an unannounced hotfix that went live today, Blizzard added Theramore Tabard and Mini Mana Bomb to Horos. You can buy the items for 500 Bronze each.
      Players were having issues obtaining Theramore Tabard and Mini Mana Bomb in MoP Remix because you had to complete the scenario at exactly Level 35 and dinging to Level 36 would make you ineligible to receive the rewards.
      To work around the issue, Blizzard simply added both items to vendors, however, it seems players who completed the scenario did not receive the items retroactively.