FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Carrn

Rogue Buffs!

Ignore my post, completely mindless math from my part.

IF my math is correct now, for Sub, it'd be near 1k DPS, given a base of 28~30k, which is in teh entrance gear level (636-).

I've done some napkin math here concerning Combat, but I'll wait for someone with a bigger understanding than me to give an input. Don't wanna throw any wrong info towards community and cause misconception like my previous post did.

Edited by lipsinch

Hi. First post here.

Lipsich, can I ask which spec you were referring to when you said a 4k boost? If I am reading the changes right the increase for Assassination and Sub should be nowhere near 4k unless you're currently doing around 80k dps - please let me know if I'm being an idiot, I'd obviously love it if this was a 4k dps boost.

Thanks!

Edited by Frigate

No problem! Had my hopes up there biggrin.png

I'm afraid I still don't quite see where you're coming from. 28-30k seems very high for 636 ilvl. This simcraft shows the theoretical average dps on a patchwerk style fight for 665 ilvl with a perfect rotation to be just under 29k:

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17N.html

That aside, the buff to sanguinary veins from 20-25% for a rogue doing 30k dps should be about 5% of 30k, which I see as 1.5k, so not much off what you got! I'd be interested to know if the damage from SV doesn't affect some aspects of rogue damage?

In other words, is it a straightup 5% dps increase assuming 100% SV uptime?

Edited by Frigate

Yes, given SV increases overall damage, just like Assassination's buff.

Here, I took these data for my input.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/6#class=Rogue&bracket=1

Gear varies up to 647, on Mythic. True, on H and N, damage (and gear) is a tad lower, but the variation still near what I mentioned, ~1k (if we assume a 5% increase over damage recalculated - take off 20% from total DPS and reapply 25% over the result). This might have a (small I suppose) variation because we don't have super exact 100% uptime on SV buff, but given the amplitude of uptime variation (if you're doing your rotation to the humanly best possible), that isn't a huge difference.

Ah yeah my bad about the calculation, so it's about a 4.2% dps increase. I agree about assuming 100% uptime on SV.

Not that it matters for the topic but those results you linked are all star results and thus extreme outliers rather than what you'd expect from 636 ilvl. 

Thanks for clearing that up!

Dunno about 100% uptime cause obviously it doesn't exist at the start, but you should be around 98-99%. There isn't a lot of enforced downtime in Highmaul so it should be fairly easy to keep up.

I'm really excited for the Sub buffs, cause we should be topping meters now :D

Dunno about 100% uptime cause obviously it doesn't exist at the start, but you should be around 98-99%. There isn't a lot of enforced downtime in Highmaul so it should be fairly easy to keep up.

I'm really excited for the Sub buffs, cause we should be topping meters now biggrin.png

I dont see how you'd beat a mage. They still beat up pretty heavyli.

Frigate where did you get that updated sim link? I cant download that version of Simcraft?

Hey Houd,

if you mean updated for the hotfix, it isn't. It's from pre hotfix, was just using it to question the fact that 30k dps was normal for an ilvl 636 sub rogue.

Mages are way up in burst, but I don't see them at the top. Maybe I just have shitty Mages in my guild though. 

Mages still sim way higher. Sub is prob gonna be upper middle on single target. Simcraft being updated as I post.

Edited by Houd