Lockdupagain

Demonology Warlock Glyph Breakdown

5 posts in this topic

This is the Glyph guide to go along with the Demo Talent Guide, I mentioned some glyphs in that guide and I am going to go more in depth here (see what we did there? You know you wanted to find out how it ended).

I will only be talking about glyphs that are for Demonology, and only ones that make sense. Here we go…

Major Glyphs:

Glyph of Healthstone- this glyph is great when used in conjunction with Dark Regeneration as it will increase your total HP gained. You receive 100% more health; however, it does it over 10 sec. Not good if you need a big heal right then. I use this 95% of the time, and it’s a great glyph to have.

Glyph of Demon Training- I told you we would come back to this one. Improves your demons abilities. Check out the tooltip on wowhead if you want to see all of them, I will only be discussing The FelGuard/ WrathGuard.

Felguard gets 20% more health. What this means is that when used with Sac Pact it gives you a bigger bubble. This has saved my life more than once, and I believe it is a must.

Glyph of Imp Swarm- Great Glyph, it’s like a hunters stampede, but with Imps! I know you are as excited as I am. This ability pops out 5 imps who attack the target, and generate demonic fury. This is great because if the enemy is tabbing through targets, not enemy players, then they will be targeting all of your imps before you. It gives a nice DPS burst and generates a good amount of Demonic Fury, making this my 3rd Major Glyph

Glyph of Demon Hunting- This is popular right now, but I do not know why. It gives a half metamorphosis called Dark Apotheosis. It reduces physical dmg by 13.85% and magic dmg by 15% and lets you use some Demonic abilities. It also allows Twilight Ward to absorb all schools of magic (our 4 piece set bonus does this already) It doesn’t give you a huge dmg buff like old reggie metamorphosis does (with my mastery I do well over 50% more dmg). You trade a lot of dmg for a little bit of survivability, so for me this should not be taken, especially when Demon Training is so powerful with Sac Pact.

Minor Glyphs:

Most of the Minor Glyphs are just cosmetic but a few have real benefit.

Glyph of Health Funnel-Instantly restores 15% of your demons health. This is not spammable, but is great to use before Sac Pact.

Glyph of Carrion Swarm- Takes away the knock back… What?? No thank you. You should always use the terrain to your advantage (I’ll get into that in a strat post I’ll do) DO NOT take this glyph.

Glyph of Hand of Gul’dan- You can place it on the ground, this can keep a dps from pillaring and casting some off heals.

Glyph of Felguard- Felguard will equip a random two-handed weapon from your backpack.

Glyph of Nightmares- Your Felsteed and Dreadsteed run on water. Good for RBGs

Glyph of Falling Meteor- If you use Demonic Leap while falling you hit the ground faster, and will not die from the dmg. Again an RBG glyph (knocked off LM in Arathi).

Those are the only glyphs I felt are worth having. As before, if you have any questions feel free to PM me or comment, I will be posting more of the like in the coming days, unless I get run out of town by villagers with pitchforks and torches that is...

Edited by Lockdupagain

Hey man, good work with these guides. To note: The Glyph of Felguard doesn't actually EQUIP the sword/mace/polearm...it simply transmogs to it. You just get the look. It's still worth it =)

First just alerting you that the name on the major glyph above is wrong, its Glyph of Demon HUNTING, not Training.

And second that the minor glyph-Glyph of Health Funnel isn't spammable, because yes it heals your pet instantly for 15% of health, but in return, it has a 10sec CD.

Awesome guide though, and looking forward to more. Keep up the great work!

Edited by Blodhgarm

Yes, to both. I have not updated for recent changes to (5.1) and I will be doing that soon. I recently got FRAPS, and am considering "putting myself out there" so to speak; however, as you all know the WoW community can be, quite critical, and I want the game to stay fun for ME, not flamers on the internet, but let me know if any of you would be interested in me putting vids up possibly...

I would love to see some vids, and also I was wondering if you are working on any kind of rotation/priority list guide on how you should best go about playing demo or destro or affliction from a gamers viewpoint. I've been meaning to get back on wow and play my 67 lock, and I've been studying all the changes for locks, so i'd love to see a guide on the forums.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dredd
      <Return With Honor> H6/9 weekday 6pm-8:30p EST raid times. Tank and Sham/Priest heals needed. We also have a reward system where you can receive game time & game store items paid for by the guild. If interested pst me. Also visit us at returnwithhonor.shivtr.com
      Who Are We?
      Originally established in Tichondrius-US during the WoD expansion, Return With Honor is a guild lead by military veterans who are also veteran players of World of Warcraft. We offer great conversations, crude humor, active environment, and a home for individuals looking to be apart of a tight nit group. We also have a guild point system used by our members to earn great prizes like in-game items(gear, pets, mounts, etc) and game time. These points can be earned by staying active on our guild website, volunteering to assist the guild, and being involved in any guild groups.
      RAID SCHEDULE
      Alternating raid weeks
      (Varying days scheduled a month out)Tues, Friday, Sunday and Wed, Thu, Mon: 6:00PM-8:30PM EST
      We expect everyone to be prepared and ready to go 15 minutes before raid time (5:45PM EST) to start pulls at 6:00PM EST. We get Saturdays off every week.
      https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/emerald-dream/Return+With+Honor
      RATED BATTLEGROUNDS
      The RBG schedule varies on a week by week basis. Multiple groups will be formed to accommodate mostly everyone.
      Guild Events
      Guild Events are held every week with prizes for members to earn like high ilvl BOE gear, gold, pets, and mounts.
      If interested please contact Hoodxd or myself by in-game message or mail
      contact me at #ActionJack11202
    • By Treylawny
      <Trust> may be what you're looking for if you enjoy killing internet dragons with a group of like minded players! Currently we are 8/9 Heroic, soon to be stepping into Mythic ToS. We are recruiting to finish rounding out our raid team. <Trust> is located on the [US] Doomhammer/Baelgun pve servers, alliance side! Check us out!

About Us:
      <Trust> is a recently formed guild, founded by a group of long time players that have been raiding together for a couple of years now. Founded out of a desire to continue raiding in a casual-progression manner, we work towards defeating mythic bosses. <Trust> is a raiding guild, first and foremost.

Our Raids:
      <Trust> maintains a progression-oriented 2-day semi-casual raiding team. That's 'semi' as in we expect our team members to always prioritize life first; but not 'casual' as in we take downing bosses less seriously. We strive to maintain a balance of taking our progression raids seriously while having plenty of laughs along the way.

Raid Schedule:
      Tuesday & Thursday: 5p – 8p server (8p – 11p eastern)
      Friday(optional): 5p – 8p server (8p – 11p eastern)

Recruitment:
      <Trust> is looking for full time Resto Druid, Mages, Hunters, and Warlocks for our raid team. We are also open for good people to join as casual players, pvpers, with the option to join farm content or alt raids.

More Info:
      Feel free to reach out to us:
      Recruitment Officer:
      In game - Treylawny
      Battletag - Treylawny#1813

Guild Lead:
      In game – Oleic
      Battletag - Jarg#1591

-OR-

Website and Application: <Trust> (US)Doomhammer/Baelgun
      (The app is quick and painless as its used primarily to get your name to us quickly!)

Discord is our way of communicating during raid; also used for casual chatting!

• By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.

If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 Azkey#21565
      To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 920~ ilvl
      - 52+ traits.
      - 3/9 in ToS.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made..
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Death Knight: Blood.
      Druid: Guardian and Balance.
      Hunter: MM/BM.
      Monk: Brewmaster.
      Rogue: Open.
      Warlock: Open.
      Any and all applications will be considered.