WotLK Classic Blood Death Knight Enchants and Consumables
On this page, we list the best enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Blood Death Knight in WotLK Classic for PvE content.
Choosing a Stat
Wrath of the Lich King requires fewer consumables and enchants than Classic or The Burning Crusade, but each of them is extremely important to maximizing your damage out put and survivability in any situation; this is especially true in Raids and Dungeons. Below is a list of the optimal consumables and enchants to help you get the most out of your Death Knight.
The advice given on this page uses the stat priority of Defense (to 540) > Hit to taunt cap > Stamina > Expertise > Dodge > Strength > Parry. You can find an explanation for this priority over on our Stats page.
Best Enchants for Blood Death Knight
|Arcanum of the Stalwart Protector — from the Argent Crusade in Icecrown.
|Greater Inscription of the Gladiator, — from your faction's honor quartermaster in Stormwind or Orgrimmar
|Enchant Cloak - Major Agility
|Enchant Chest - Powerful Stats
|Enchant Bracers - Major Stamina
|Enchant Gloves - Precision
|Frosthide Leg Armor
|Enchant Boots - Greater Fortitude
|Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle
Best Gems for Blood Death Knights
Austere Earthsiege Diamond is by far the best option for your Meta Gem, as it gives a considerable amount of Stamina and increases the amount of Armor you receive from your gear by 2%, making every piece of gear and point of Armor even more valuable for mitigating Physical damage.
Matching gem sockets in Wrath of the Lich King is usually the correct strategy as many socket bonuses are geared toward stats that you want, whereas in The Burning Crusade their usefulness could vary. Keeping your Meta Gem activated is by far the most important rule when deciding what gems to use, but below we will list what are most likely to be the best gems to use for each socket type.
- In Red Sockets, you will use Sovereign Dreadstone.
- In Yellow Sockets, you will use Enduring Eye of Zul or Vivid Eye of Zul depending on if you are Defense-capped or need Hit Rating. If you need neither consider ignoring the socket bonus for Solid Sky Sapphires instead.
- In Blue Sockets, you will use Solid Majestic Zircon, but if you are struggling for Defense cap or need Hit cap for Dark Command consider Enduring Eye of Zul or Vivid Eye of Zul for these slots.
Best Consumables for Blood Death Knights
Blackened Dragonfin is a great choice for a personal consumable and will offer you Armor from the Agility as well as Stamina, but more often than not in a group environment someone will have a Fish Feast which will more than suffice. Leveling your Cooking helps considerably in reducing the cost of these and, as a secondary profession, everyone can learn it with no limitations.
Flasks and Potions
Indestructible Potion are a nice added cooldown to allow you to mitigate even more Physical damage, so make sure to have them on hand to pre-pot to ease into pulling the boss or using it as a defensive cooldown if needed.
Potion of Speed greatly increases your Haste for a short period and can allow for you to maximize your damage/threat generation, so consider using this pre-pull or if you need snap threat.
- 18 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 23 Aug. 2022: Page added.
- Season of Discovery XP Buff Is Live Now!
- WoW Classic Era Maintenance Notes: February 6th
- Blizzard Teases Cozy Sleeping Bag for SoD Phase 2
- Timeline of Blizzard Presidents
- New World Buff Coming in Season of Discovery Phase 2
- A List of All Runes Coming in Season of Discovery Phase 2
- Blizzard Bans GDKP Runs in Season of Discovery Starting February 8
- NO GDKP Runs in Season of Discovery Phase 2