WoW Classic Raids and Dungeons Guide
Dungeons are instanced zones that allow groups of players to battle stronger elite mobs and bosses to earn better rewards. They are normally created as the "end location" of a zone, featuring a number of quests that act as the finale to the story of the zone.
Dungeons in WoW Classic
The dungeons in WoW Classic are spread out over both continents, with some being placed in neutral zones and others in faction-dominated zones. The level required to enter them varies, depending on the recommended level to actually complete the dungeon, but the absolute minimum level you can start doing dungeons is Level 10, when you can enter Ragefire Chasm, Wailing Caverns, and the Deadmines.
Forming a Party
In order to complete a dungeon, you will need to put together a group of players that can each fulfil a certain role within the dungeon.
The first role is the tank; tanks essentially guide the group through the dungeon, deciding which mobs to pull and when. They will take the damage for the party by generating additional threat, which ensures enemies will attack them rather than the rest of your party.
The following classes can be played as a tank:
Note that Shamans can also tank, but it is much harder to do and they are not a traditional tanking class.
Healers are there to do as their name suggests, heal the party. They use their healing and shielding spells to ensure that your tank stays alive, as well as any DPS that take damage.
The following classes can be played as a healer:
DPS, or damage dealers, are there to ensure that enemies are killed quickly and efficiently. They also often have crowd-control abilities available, which can be used to take an enemy out of the fight for a long period of time.
The following classes can be played as a DPS:
Party Sizes in Classic
Unlike in retail WoW, the majority of the dungeons available can be entered as a group of up to 10 players. The general recommended number of players is 5, as you cannot complete dungeon quests when you have more than 5 players (due to being in a raid group).
You cannot enter most of the "end-game" dungeons with more than 5 people. This includes:
- Blackrock Depths
Leveling in Dungeons
Leveling in dungeons can be extremely efficient if you follow the "melee cleave" or "spell cleave" method.
These involve taking a certain group setup that is extremely efficient at killing mobs and essentially just grinding dungeons repeatedly. While this can be quite dull, due to the length of time you will spend in the same zone, it can be one of the best ways to level.
You can read more on how to do this in our General Leveling Guide. It has descriptions of both strategies, as well as how to play in both of them.
Raids in WoW Classic
Raiding in WoW Classic is structured through phases, with different raids releasing in different phases. We already know the order in which they will release, which is as follows:
- Phase 1
- Molten Core
- Onyxia's Lair
- Phase 3
- Blackwing Lair
- Phase 4
- Dragon World Bosses
- Phase 5
- Temple of Ahn'Qiraj
- Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj
- Phase 6
We currently have the following raid guides available, with more being added as the raids release on the WoW Classic servers.
- 24 Jul. 2020: Updated for Phase 5 to add AQ20 and AQ40.
- 10 Feb. 2020: Updated dungeon and raid guide list.
- 07 Nov. 2019: Updated dungeon guides section and added raids section.
- 29 Sep. 2019: Guide added.
- Guides for Burning Crusade Classic Phase 3 Now Live
- Burning Crusade Classic 2.5.3 Development Notes: January 13th
- BCC Phase 3 Season 3 PvP Adjustments
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 3 Release Schedule
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: January 12th
- A Dramatic UBRS Hardcore Death and Escape
- Reminder: Burning Crusade Classic Season 2 Ending Soon
- When Your Cat Kills Your Hardcore Character
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- Jailer is in ICC!
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Hunter Macros for TBC Cassic?
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?