Marksmanship Hunter PvP Gear Guide for WotLK Classic
On this page, we will go over the best in slot gear for Marksmanship Hunters in PvP for the first tier of Wrath Classic.
PvP Gearing for Marksmanship Hunters
The list below is following the stat priority of Hit Cap (5%) > Resilience ≥ Agility > ArP > Critical Strike > Attack Power and will include items available exclusively from Wrath of the Lich King Dungeons/Raids, Professions, PvP, and Reputation rewards. It is worth noting that this setup is designed to be slightly more defensive, but you could choose to go for a more offensive gear set if you wanted to. Keep in mind that sockets are quite valuable on gear as well, and usually should be how you choose off-pieces.
Gearing for PvP as a Hunter is extremely straight-forward. The best method is just to do battlegrounds and arena, spending your honor and arena points as you go to buy new pieces. You can also choose to do Dungeons and Raids for badges, which can then be used to buy the PvP gear as well. Your ultimate goal is to get the full set of PvP gear for the resilience it provides.
This is a list of items that are considered to be best in each slot.
If you are looking for a PvE gearing guide for either pre-raid or best in slot gear make sure to check out our Hunter PvE gearing hub instead.
Best Enchants for PvP Hunter
|Head||Arcanum of Triumph|
|Shoulders||Inscription of Triumph|
|Back||Enchant Cloak - Spell Piercing|
|Chest||Enchant Chest - Exceptional Resilience|
|Bracers||Enchant Bracers - Greater Assault|
|Gloves||Enchant Gloves - Major Agility|
|Legs||Icescale Leg Armor|
|Feet||Enchant Boots - Tuskarr's Vitality|
|One-Handed Weapons||Enchant Weapon - Superior Potency|
|Two-Handed Weapon||Enchant 2H Weapon - Massacre|
|Ranged Weapon||Heartseeker Scope|
Best Gems for PvP Marksmanship Hunter
- Red Gem — Delicate Cardinal Ruby
- Yellow Gem — Mystic King's Amber
- Blue Gem — Shifting Dreadstone. Blue Sockets are typically low value, but using these green gems can satisfy both the yellow and blue requirement for a Meta Gem at once, allowing you to use more Red Gems elsewhere in your gear.
Finally, Relentless Earthsiege Diamond is the best Meta Gem.
- 15 Jun. 2023: Updated for Phase 3.
- 17 Jan. 2023: Updated for Phase 2.
- 24 Sep. 2022: Page added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Honor Decay Removed In Season of Discovery and Classic Era
- Season of Discovery Launch Times
- Season of Discovery Will Launch With Fewer Realms
- Icecrown Citadel Player Buff Coming Early December
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer