Priest PvP Guides for WotLK Classic
Priests have the ability to both heal and deal damage in a PvP environment. Having both a damage-dealing-focused build, as well as a healing-focused build, Priests can be useful in nearly any PvP scenario.
When choosing to PvP as a Priest, you will need to pick between Shadow Priest, a damage-oriented build, or Discipline Priest, a healing- and support-focused build. Both specs have their weaknesses and strengths, as well as their specific synergies depending on who else you are playing with.
- Discipline — Discipline remains a powerful healing spec in PvP, having multiple, powerful cooldowns such as Pain Suppression and Power Infusion. Penance is a powerful new tool in Wrath of the Lich King, allowing you to either heal an ally or help damage a low-health enemy.
- Shadow — Shadow focuses on dealing damage through multiple DoTs, dealing massive damage over time if left unchecked. With Wrath of the Lich King, Shadow Priest gains Dispersion, a powerful defensive cooldown to stop high burst damage. In addition to dealing damage, Shadow Priest has great utility, allowing you to off-heal in dangerous situations, as well as other things, such as Dispel Magic and Abolish Disease.
Priest Macros and Addons in Wrath of the Lich King
Macros and Addons can greatly benefit your gameplay, especially in a high-paced environment like PvP where no two encounters are the exact same. Macros specifically can lessen the time it takes you to perform an action by combining two commands into a single button. Addons can increase the amount of information you are receiving in order to be able to better make a decision as to what your next move should be. Listed below are our guides for Priest-specific Addons and Macros; most of these are targeted towards PvE but can also be quite useful for PvP.
Discipline Priest Specific PvP Guides in Wrath of the Lich King
Listed below are links to our guides made specifically for Discipline Priest PvP. Inside these guides we will go over the optimal specialization, best gear, and some tips and tricks on how to get the most out of your character in PvP scenarios.
Shadow Priest Specific PvP Guides in Wrath of the Lich King
Listed below are links to our guides made specifically for Shadow Priest PvP. Inside these guides we will go over the optimal specialization, best gear, and some tips and tricks on how to get the most out of your character in PvP scenarios.
Priest Arena Compositions in Wrath of the Lich King
If you are interested in learning more about a variety of Arena compositions featuring a Priest and its relative strength in PvP, please consult our guides on them below:
- 18 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 02 Oct. 2022: Guide added.
- Blizzard Discusses WoW Token in Classic
- WoW Token Added to Wrath Classic
- Wrath Classic Joyous Journeys 50% Experience Buff Is Back!
- Wrath Classic Patch 3.4.2 PTR Notes: May 18th
- Death Heat Map for Hardcore Characters and Their Killers
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Blizzard Announces Hardcore Classic
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look