Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L0rinda

hearthstone Pavel Wins Last Call Qualifier: Winning Decklists

7 posts in this topic

HjVzI30.jpg

The Europe Last Call Qualifier for BlizzCon took place yesterday, October 8th. Pavel emerged victorious by beating Rdu 4-1 in the final.

The 10 hour day was an exciting one with some very high quality action on display. One play in the final made by Rdu was debated for hours afterwards, before the community calculated that his play was probably correct.

DnLJZpl.png

In this situation, RDU controversially decided to cast Soulfire on the opposing Faceless Summoner rather than play Doomguard. He had not seen much burn during the game and decided that he needed to gamble on the 50-50 rather than the apparently safer play. He discarded the Doomguard, rather than the Silverware Golem, and quickly went 1-0 behind afterwards. For more discussion on the play you can check out this this VoD from noblord's channel.

Pavel, who is best known for a misplay a year ago at the later stages of the Europe Championships, will now be able to put this right at BlizzCon. As with all the Last Call entrants, he amassed a huge number of HCT points (95) over the year, and will clearly be a contender for the title. In his interview he said that he felt the format was not conducive to a particular strategy, and so he brought what he felt were the best five decks. This is interesting because his decks were not particularly standard. His lists are shown below.

UznRQzV.png

1 person likes this

Can you keep the winner's name out of the title please.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, PaasHaaS said:

Can you keep the winner's name out of the title please.

I usually do, not sure why I didn't.

Really sorry about that, will try to not do it again! :(

7 hours ago, L0rinda said:

I usually do, not sure why I didn't.

Really sorry about that, will try to not do it again! :(

No biggie @L0rinda, great article as always. :) 

1 person likes this

I'm 100% with RDU on this one. When you're playing zoo, you are often forced YOLO plays.

Sometimes it backfires, sure, you lose because of it.
But not taking these chances, over hundreds of games, would eventually lose you more games.

RDU is one of the best zoo players out there, even because he has the balls to do this kind of plays.

If you don't make these plays, well, you better play C'Thun warrior.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, DonKeyShot said:

I'm 100% with RDU on this one. When you're playing zoo, you are often forced YOLO plays.

Sometimes it backfires, sure, you lose because of it.
But not taking these chances, over hundreds of games, would eventually lose you more games.

RDU is one of the best zoo players out there, even because he has the balls to do this kind of plays.

If you don't make these plays, well, you better play C'Thun warrior.

This is 100% true. Aggro Zoo is one of my all time favorite decks and you have to sometimes play recklessly in order to win. I've found myself in several situations where I was like "F it" before every play and came out with the win. 

On 10/11/2016 at 6:06 PM, KingMe said:

This is 100% true. Aggro Zoo is one of my all time favorite decks and you have to sometimes play recklessly in order to win. I've found myself in several situations where I was like "F it" before every play and came out with the win. 

It's normally this: Turn 8, topdeck Doomguard. Play it, tap for PO lethal.