Doomguard — Warlock Card
Table of Contents
Doomguard is a Warlock-only minion. This card can be obtained from expert packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Doomguard is an extremely powerful card in spite of the downside of having to discard two cards. This is because the downside can be dealt with in multiple ways. If your hand is empty when you play the Doomguard, you do not have to discard, and even if it is not, the Carnivorous Cube.ability can help you to recover the lost cards. Due to having Charge, Doomguard is also extremely powerful if it can be brought into play for free with a card such as
Doomguard is a great card in Zoo decks, which contain many small minions. The amount of pressure such decks can apply means that the Doomguard is often a closer, and the Discard effect is not particularly relevant. Doomguard is also very powerful in Cubelock, a deck that uses Possessed Lackey to bring it into play without the downside. It also uses Carnivorous Cube for 10 points of burst on the turn where the Cube is removed — often with the player's own Dark Pact.
Doomguard is a powerful card in Arena. Even if the downside cannot be played around, it will often pay for itself by being a dominant force on the board as soon as it enters play. When evaluating Doomguard in your draft, you should consider the Mana cost of the cards already drafted. The lower they are, the easier it is to lessen the downside of the Doomguard, and therefore the better ranking you should assign to the Doomguard.
- David Kim Leaves Blizzard (WoW Principal Designer and Former Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer)
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Forged in the Barrens Now Live
- The "Grandfather" of Classic Omar Gonzalez Left Blizzard for Dreamhaven
- Best Sets and Tier List for Classic
- Crash Bandicoot: It's About Time Available on Battle.net
- Icy Veins 10-Year Anniversary Giveaway!
- Activision Blizzard Plans to Lay Off Even More Employees
- Doom Lord Kazzak Challenge
- Classic Midrange Combo Druid Deck
- Illidan Stormrage challenge impossible in new season
- Book of Heroes Rehgar Earthfury
- Clown Druid Deck - Forged in the Barrens
- Classic Tier List
- Deathrattle Demon Hunter Deck - Forged in the Barrens