Doomguard — Warlock Card
Table of Contents
Doomguard is a Warlock-only minion. This card can be obtained from expert packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Doomguard is an extremely powerful card in spite of the downside of having to discard two cards. This is because the downside can be dealt with in multiple ways. If your hand is empty when you play the Doomguard, you do not have to discard, and even if it is not, the Carnivorous Cube.ability can help you to recover the lost cards. Due to having Charge, Doomguard is also extremely powerful if it can be brought into play for free with a card such as
Doomguard is a great card in Zoo decks, which contain many small minions. The amount of pressure such decks can apply means that the Doomguard is often a closer, and the Discard effect is not particularly relevant. Doomguard is also very powerful in Cubelock, a deck that uses Possessed Lackey to bring it into play without the downside. It also uses Carnivorous Cube for 10 points of burst on the turn where the Cube is removed — often with the player's own Dark Pact.
Doomguard is a powerful card in Arena. Even if the downside cannot be played around, it will often pay for itself by being a dominant force on the board as soon as it enters play. When evaluating Doomguard in your draft, you should consider the Mana cost of the cards already drafted. The lower they are, the easier it is to lessen the downside of the Doomguard, and therefore the better ranking you should assign to the Doomguard.
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- South Park's Sword of a Thousands Truths (Boars Included) to Be Added to Hearthstone
- United in Stormwind is Hearthstone's Latest Expansion
- Global Battle.net Rolling Out Today
- No BlizzCon Planned for 2021
- IGN Report on Blizzard Departures and the Company's Future, With Insider Info
- From the Vault: The Overwatch Anniversary 2021 Collection Live on the Blizzard Store
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Icy Veins
- Prince Arthas Boss Guide
- Tracker Monster Hunter
- Classic Control Paladin Deck
- Book of Heroes Thrall
- Illidan Stormrage Challenge
- Chenvaala Priest Deck
- Teron Gorefiend Challenge
- Clown Druid Deck - Forged in the Barrens