Doomguard — Warlock Card
Table of Contents
Doomguard is a Warlock-only minion. This card can be obtained from expert packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Doomguard is an extremely powerful card in spite of the downside of having to discard two cards. This is because the downside can be dealt with in multiple ways. If your hand is empty when you play the Doomguard, you do not have to discard, and even if it is not, the Life Tap ability can help you to recover the lost cards. Due to having Charge, Doomguard is also extremely powerful if it can be brought into play for free with a card such as Carnivorous Cube.
2. Constructed Play
Doomguard is a great card in Zoo decks, which contain many small minions. The amount of pressure such decks can apply means that the Doomguard is often a closer, and the Discard effect is not particularly relevant. Doomguard is also very powerful in Cubelock, a deck that uses Possessed Lackey to bring it into play without the downside. It also uses Carnivorous Cube for 10 points of burst on the turn where the Cube is removed — often with the player's own Dark Pact.
Doomguard is a powerful card in Arena. Even if the downside cannot be played around, it will often pay for itself by being a dominant force on the board as soon as it enters play. When evaluating Doomguard in your draft, you should consider the Mana cost of the cards already drafted. The lower they are, the easier it is to lessen the downside of the Doomguard, and therefore the better ranking you should assign to the Doomguard.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Cubelock Deck
- Howlfiend Discard Zoo Warlock Deck
- Fungalmancer Zoo
- Dog's Rank One Legend Cube Warlock Deck
- Lakkari Sacrifice Cataclysm Combo Warlock Deck
- Fledgling Zoo Warlock Deck
- Bloodfury Zoo Warlock Deck
- The Lich King Warlock Deck
- Asmodai's Deathknight Warlock Deck
- Xixo Zoo Warlock Deck
- Lakkari Sacrifice Warlock Quest Deck
- Kazakus Zoo Warlock Deck
- Finja Murloc Discard Zoo Warlock Deck
- Budget Zoo Warlock Deck
- Cheap The Crone Zoo Warlock Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Cheap Archaedas Warlock Zoo Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Mid-Budget Maloriak Warlock Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Cheap Razorgore the Untamed Warlock Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Cheap Highlord Omokk Warlock Deck (Heroic Mode)
- The Witchwood Full Spoiler Schedule
- "New Year Of The Raven" Party Will Reward Packs With Each Daily Quest
- Ben Brode Answers Community Questions In Video For WIRED
- Enrage Keyword To Be Replaced By "While Damaged"
- More Witchwood Spoilers Coming March 26th, Set Likely To Release April 12th
- This Week's Starcraft-Themed Tavern Brawl Rewards Three K&C Packs
- What's the Move #19 - Shadowy Thoughts
- Four Common Hearthstone Mistakes And How To Prevent Them
- Help me build this warrior
- Silver Hand Paladin Deck List
- Witchwood Worth it?
- The Witchwood Expansion Hub
- Throwback Decks
- The Lich King
- Wild Paladin OTK Deck
- OTK Djinni Priest Standard