Doomguard — Warlock Card
Table of Contents
Doomguard is a Warlock-only minion. This card can be obtained from expert packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Doomguard is an extremely powerful card in spite of the downside of having to discard two cards. This is because the downside can be dealt with in multiple ways. If your hand is empty when you play the Doomguard, you do not have to discard, and even if it is not, the Carnivorous Cube.ability can help you to recover the lost cards. Due to having Charge, Doomguard is also extremely powerful if it can be brought into play for free with a card such as
Doomguard is a great card in Zoo decks, which contain many small minions. The amount of pressure such decks can apply means that the Doomguard is often a closer, and the Discard effect is not particularly relevant. Doomguard is also very powerful in Cubelock, a deck that uses Possessed Lackey to bring it into play without the downside. It also uses Carnivorous Cube for 10 points of burst on the turn where the Cube is removed — often with the player's own Dark Pact.
Doomguard is a powerful card in Arena. Even if the downside cannot be played around, it will often pay for itself by being a dominant force on the board as soon as it enters play. When evaluating Doomguard in your draft, you should consider the Mana cost of the cards already drafted. The lower they are, the easier it is to lessen the downside of the Doomguard, and therefore the better ranking you should assign to the Doomguard.
- Activision Blizzard Games Coming to Game Pass After Microsoft Acquisition
- Unconfirmed Dragonflight Pre-Patch and Launch Dates Leaked
- Blizzard Debuting New Products + Giveaway at Comic-Con
- The Battle.net Social Celebration Contest
- Blizzard Entertainment Acquires Spellbreak Development Studio Proletariat
- New Hearthstone Expansion Announced: Murder at Castle Nathria
- How to Find Out You've Been Invited to Beta Testing?
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Miracle Priest Deck
- XL Beast Hunter Deck
- Imp Curse Warlock Deck
- Jailer Paladin Deck
- Basic Warlock Deck