FORUMS
Niix

Azortharion's 6.2.2 MM Hunter Guide

I still think that Serpent Sting should have its explicit place in the shot priority, because I refuse to believe we're supposed to consider it just an added side benefit to dumping focus with Arcane Shot.

Well to be honest, your never going to go more than 10 seconds without an Arcane Shot.

Well to be honest, your never going to go more than 10 seconds without an Arcane Shot.

1. You'd be surprised :D

2. What about newly acquired targets? 

1. You'd be surprised biggrin.png

2. What about newly acquired targets? 

Newly acquired targets should have SS applied to them as soon as possible, I suppose I could note that.

SV Talents are up.

You may want to mention that Stampede and Crows are pretty close together, as this is what I get for a talent comparison with SV:

VGB8F7Y.png

You may want to mention that Stampede and Crows are pretty close together, as this is what I get for a talent comparison with SV:

VGB8F7Y.png

Crows and Stampede really aren't all that close together though. If you look at my sims, Crows and Stampede are well over 500 DPS off. Stampede is also easier to use.

Quick question about SimC.

With the latest version do I need to run any over rides or change any of the options regarding stat weights (outside of the basic pathwerk/reps/etc) to get accurate hunter sims or are they pretty well up to date?

Edited by Ulgratron

Quick question about SimC.

With the latest version do I need to run any over rides or change any of the options regarding stat weights (outside of the basic pathwerk/reps/etc) to get accurate hunter sims or are they pretty well up to date?

It should be mostly ready to go right out of the box.

My sims shows GT for survival is a ~100 dps upgrade over no tier 9 talent, while barrage is ~300 dps upgrade.

SF+AMOC+NONE+FS = 25323

SF+AMOC+GT+FS = 25424

SF+AMOC+Barrage+FS = 25598

Maybe GT overtakes it with higher gear, but that is a hell of a catch-up.

Edited by Minigun

Yup, barrage still sims as the better option in single target for me as well.  A shame considering it's a pain in the ass to use, but since I switched to stampede, barrage is much easier to deal with focus wise.

Yup, barrage still sims as the better option in single target for me as well.  A shame considering it's a pain in the ass to use, but since I switched to stampede, barrage is much easier to deal with focus wise.

100 DPS is far too low to convince me to take Barrage when GT is so much easier to use, especially when SV only has 100 Focus to start with. 

My sims shows GT for survival is a ~100 dps upgrade over no tier 9 talent, while barrage is ~300 dps upgrade.

SF+AMOC+NONE+FS = 25323

SF+AMOC+GT+FS = 25424

SF+AMOC+Barrage+FS = 25598

Maybe GT overtakes it with higher gear, but that is a hell of a catch-up.

I'm going to assume that it's something with the APL you're using.

I'm going to assume that it's something with the APL you're using.

The new version of simc is showing Survival(SF+FS) GT at 0 DPS Gain over no tier 9, and barrage only a 50 dps gain over no tier 9.   Which means it's not even worth using either single target imo.

Sorry, but what does APL stand for?

A programming language?  I didn't change any settings in the simulationcraft, other than to enable scaling.

EDIT: 

Also, how do you go about telling Simc to not use an ability?  Say, if I wanted to test not using explosive trap with LW for instance.

EDIT2:  I think I figured it out.  I edited the imported file, and just removed a line regarding to explosive trap.

LW Survival:  I would lose 250dps by dropping Explosive trap from the shot priority.   1% loss

Edited by Minigun

Sorry, but what does APL stand for?

A programming language?  I didn't change any settings in the simulationcraft, other than to enable scaling.

APL stands for Action Priority List, which should then be pretty self explanatory.

APL stands for Action Priority List, which should then be pretty self explanatory.

Makes more sense.  I sure as fuck didn't change that, because I have no idea how.

Any advice on level 100 talents for survival hunter?

Screenshot from the guide you're commenting on tongue.png

Within the spoilers are the results of HUGE sims I did for every talent combination, including no use of a level 90 talent.

Vu2gsRY.png

Just seems strange, I thought Exotic munitions with poison ammo would be the sort of thing for survival, or even lone wolf.

Standing still for 3 seconds just seems like a burden, especially since Focusing shot could easily overlap the need cast Explosive shot, black arrow, Crows, Glaive toss and Arcane shot.

Just seems strange, I thought Exotic munitions with poison ammo would be the sort of thing for survival, or even lone wolf.

Standing still for 3 seconds just seems like a burden, especially since Focusing shot could easily overlap the need cast Explosive shot, black arrow, Crows, Glaive toss and Arcane shot.

Focusing shot was buffed to have 2.5 sec base cast time, raid buffed + some haste this is closer to 2.2, which isn't that horrible. Either way, the difference is not that big. 

Focusing Shot pairs well with Steady Focus really well. The fact that you only have to cast it once to maintain the buff just works well, along with all of the low focus cost spells. It tends to do poorly on movement fights and really wont get you away from the rooted style of play that MM has.

If you wanna get out of that you gotta lose some DPS unfortunately.

Pair Focusing Shot with Steady Focus.

or, alternatively

Lone Wolf and Thrill.

From where comes this 43% crit cap ? Any explications ?

3% is boss crit suppression (we assume it's still a thing), and 40% is what you need for Aimed Shot to have 100% crit chance during Careful Aim. 

A few rotation questions (Surv)...

1) How set in stone is the rotation priority going off this guide? Right now, AMOC and Black Arrow are given priority over Explosive Shot, while in the class guide BA>Explo>AMOC. I assume the former rotation was created because of the damage per execute time being higher for AMOC and BA but does this take into account potentially wasted LnL procs? Which priority should I follow?

2) How important is serpent sting uptime? It is not discussed too extensively in either this guide or the class guide so is it safe to just let it drop off if all the previous abilities in the rotation have constantly been coming off cooldown/lots of LnL for 15 seconds, especially with cobra shot (as opposed to focusing shot)? Or does arcane shot move up in the rotation when serpent sting is about to expire?

3) Similarly, how much priority do barrage/explosive trap/multi shot gain in a 2+ target situation? On fights like twins, specced into cobra shot, I scarcely have the time or focus to cast barrage/multi shot/explosive trap. Does explosive shot lose priority in this case, and will explosive trap/multi shot/barrage ever pass explosive in priority (including LnL)?

EDIT: Here are some logs from a normal HM pug today (I am Extortation @ 641 ilvl): 

Butcher: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1rm62aPYR7DgM4bx#fight=2

Tectus: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1rm62aPYR7DgM4bx#fight=9

Twins: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1rm62aPYR7DgM4bx#fight=12

It is troubling that the difference in DPS for me between 1 target and 2 targets and 4 targets is so small for me. I feel that this may be partially due to my prioritizing serpent sting a bit more or less than I should, so if anyone has time to look at possible improvements to my cleave/AoE DPS, I would be very grateful.

Edited by Ghuerilla

I had a question with my haste being like 12 percent and crit being 30 percent and my mastery being like 19 percent with multi at like 20 percent keep in mind these are all buffed what should I go for spec wise and here is a link to my character I'm just confused about if barrage is best for single target and if steady is better then thrill and if focusing is better then EM and LW