FORUMS
Niix

Azortharion's 6.2.2 MM Hunter Guide

You also missed a use of Crows by delaying it almost 30s.  Crows should be used on pull before you use Rapid Fire.  If you had the 5th use of crows you would've gained ~400dps.  Outside of that you've got the rest of your self-analysis down, but don't hit yourself too hard for having missed 3 Chimaera Shots, nobody is perfect and focus/cast times don't always (rarely ever in my experience) line up nicely.  

Edit: Here's a log comparison of your log with one of mine from last week.  And adjusted for time frame.

The Crows delay was testing out what Niix had been saying, delaying crows until after rapid fire ends but with the short fight time on the butcher it might be better not to

The Crows delay was testing out what Niix had been saying, delaying crows until after rapid fire ends but with the short fight time on the butcher it might be better not to

I believe what Niix meant was delay AMoC if it comes off CD during RF.  If it comes off around the same time or before RF, use AMoC before RF.

I believe what Niix meant was delay AMoC if it comes off CD during RF.  If it comes off around the same time or before RF, use AMoC before RF.

I was pretty sure he was referring to his opening and it looks like that's what he did on his latest normal butcher log but not on his Heroic.

So I ran the sim again and it's actually saying that my normalized scale factors are as follows.

.41 MS > .35 Vers > .34 Crit > .32 Mastery > .27 Haste

Would anyone be able to verify this for me maybe something is wrong with my options in SimulationCraft, I just updated it today so there shouldn't be missing any changes.

I'm thinking it may be beneficial to use AMoC during opener after CS, IF CS didn't proc ToTH.

I'm still pretty green to simc, so i'm having a hard time figuring out the logic. Has anyone done this sim?

Fights are also a factor in that debate as well. As an example on Tectus you want to delay AMoC in the opener and put it on the first small add, which guarantees a reset. 

So I saw the EotB reports of BM being nearly the same as MM on single. Considering that BM gear is pretty close to MM gear priority wise, has anyone tested it out yet?

So I saw the EotB reports of BM being nearly the same as MM on single. Considering that BM gear is pretty close to MM gear priority wise, has anyone tested it out yet?

1) BM stat priority is the same as SV: MS > Crit > vers ~= Haste ~= Mastery whileas MM is Crit> MS, so the gear is not as close as you think.

2) I absolutely abhor BM myself, so I will not be testing it.

1) BM stat priority is the same as SV: MS > Crit > vers ~= Haste ~= Mastery whileas MM is Crit> MS, so the gear is not as close as you think.

2) I absolutely abhor BM myself, so I will not be testing it.

The stat priority is the same, but the stat weights are vastly different... Meaning that crit isn't nearly as bad for Bm as it is for SV.

So there is crit suppression after all? Doh. And here I thought they were done with unobvious mechanics.

Theres no crit suppression, Crit is less valuable than MS after 38% because of Careful Aim

Theres no crit suppression, Crit is less valuable than MS after 38% because of Careful Aim

Am I missing something?.. why 38% (43% raid buffed), not 35% (40% raid buffed) then?

Edited by Iridar

Am I missing something?.. why 38% (43% raid buffed), not 35% (40% raid buffed) then?

103% crit is 100% on bosses.

Don't quote me on this pls.

Just used my MM gear and simmed with Surv spec, netting me a 1,2k dps boost on single target over MM. Using the stat weights provided in OP and altered the gems/enchants accordingly on askmrrobot I lost 300~ dps compared to using MM stats/gems/enchants. Also gaining a 900~ dps boost by switching to BM over MM, using MM gear.

What is happening? <.<

Edited by Nez

Just used my MM gear and simmed with Surv spec, netting me a 1,2k dps boost on single target over MM. Using the stat weights provided in OP and altered the gems/enchants accordingly on askmrrobot I lost 300~ dps compared to using MM stats/gems/enchants. Also gaining a 900~ dps boost by switching to BM over MM, using MM gear.

What is happening? <.<

Askmrrobot's stat weights are bonkers.

Well, I altered them according to the OP. So it wasn't askmrrobots "default" stat weights.

Funny part is still though; by just switching spec using MM gear I gain dps both as Surv and BM over MM. Hotfix must've been that good :p

Edited by Nez

Well, I altered them according to the OP. So it wasn't askmrrobots "default" stat weights.

Funny part is still though; by just switching spec using MM gear I gain dps both as Surv and BM over MM. Hotfix must've been that good tongue.png

Any way you can link your armory?

Any help on Hunter burst? I'm 659 ilvl and and with good ToTH procs I can get 40-45k burst at the start of the fight. I see Hunters a few ilvl's above me pulling 70k, how is this possible?

Any help on Hunter burst? I'm 659 ilvl and and with good ToTH procs I can get 40-45k burst at the start of the fight. I see Hunters a few ilvl's above me pulling 70k, how is this possible?

Follow this opener and get lucky.

ZEkYr1B.png