FORUMS
Niix

Azortharion's 6.2.2 MM Hunter Guide

Niix MLP fan? S**t just got real.

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

New buffs have just been updated. The updated SimC launcher is not yet available to me but as soon as I get it I'll start running some BM numbers.

Here is the new T17N chart for those of you curious about it.

RyiQi3H.png

And here is T17M.

gSYcKxC.png

Those charts are 695 ilevel without tier set bonuses correct?  When you say T17 it sounds a little misleading.

I showed both normal and mythic gear levels. set bonuses are enabled on mythic I believe.

The numbers on the Mythic chart come close to the actual Simcraft chart which has no set bonus.  The DPS on yours is slightly higher like around 600 DPS on the top few but like Survival hunter is only 11 DPS higher.  Either the parameters for the set bonuses are wrong or they aren't being included that doesn't seem reasonable otherwise.

The numbers on the Mythic chart come close to the actual Simcraft chart which has no set bonus.  The DPS on yours is slightly higher like around 600 DPS on the top few but like Survival hunter is only 11 DPS higher.  Either the parameters for the set bonuses are wrong or they aren't being included that doesn't seem reasonable otherwise.

The gear that i used in my own sims is highmaul stuff. The things on simc is a very weird combination.

Thanks for the guide.

Do you have an ETA on the BM sims?

Fairly soon, there is very minimal changes but I'd rather have them be accurate.

have our stat weights changed with the last hotfixes?

or is it still WDMG>AGI>MS>Vers>Crit>Mast>Haste

For me, haste increased in value from 1.2 to 1.5, but it's still the worst stat.

My stat priority:

Agi > AP = WDPS >> Mult >> Crit = Vers > Mastery >> Haste.

Precise stat weights should be simmed individually, as they change each time you change a gear piece, and they can't really be used for anything substantial.

I import simcrafted weights into Pawn just to know whether to even roll on a peice of gear that drops during the raid, but when you have different pieces of same ilvl, it's better to just simcraft them all to discover which one actually brings the most DPS. 

Edited by Iridar

Will be re-simming everything today and doing a few more changes to everything in the guide. 

Will be re-simming everything today and doing a few more changes to everything in the guide. 

Been meaning to ask, what happens to the Icy Veins guide? Wouldn't it make more sense to keep that up to date rather than this one here?

Been meaning to ask, what happens to the Icy Veins guide? Wouldn't it make more sense to keep that up to date rather than this one here?

Azor takes care of that one + his guide on MMO. I deal with the forum guide here, where people who are a bit more serious come to learn a bit more after reading the main guide. The Icy Veins default guide format does not allow for much of what I show here.

• Like 1

Trinkets are already up.

To come -

Races, Talent updates for BM, more detailed shot priorities, opener change for MM.

Curious with my stat weights I have now I have the heroic bow from bracken but now I have over 30 percent crit and around 19 percent multi buffed I'm wondering if I should switch over to MM or stay Surv? I mean with 19 percent buffed on multi I assume Surv would be golden but not sure and I have around like 10 percent mastery I was wondering with that much mastery if I be hurting myself with MM

Curious with my stat weights I have now I have the heroic bow from bracken but now I have over 30 percent crit and around 19 percent multi buffed I'm wondering if I should switch over to MM or stay Surv? I mean with 19 percent buffed on multi I assume Surv would be golden but not sure and I have around like 10 percent mastery I was wondering with that much mastery if I be hurting myself with MM

You will likely be better off with SV in most cases.

Another question I find Thrill of the hunt better over steady. Is steady better or how much of a sim difference is there

SF sims higher, but TotH is better for multi dotting with Arcane Shot to get SS up on multiple targets fast. The sim difference for ST is a few hundered at most. Edited by Orthios

Another question I find Thrill of the hunt better over steady. Is steady better or how much of a sim difference is there 

Steady is "technically" better. but Thrill is better in practice.