FORUMS
Niix

Azortharion's 6.2.2 MM Hunter Guide

So, I'm completely new to simcraft. How are you getting these DPS graphs ? I know how to sim my character in all 3 specs, but only in 3 different result tabs. Is there a compare results option I'm missing ?

hGEZiGi.png

Also, specifically for Niix, I suppose you're getting 38 % crit with the 5% Buff and Bufffood, so you switched your Enchants to MS, but kept the Crit Scope. Is that the normal thing to do ? Many Hunters seem to also swap scopes after they reached the Crit soft cap. Thanks in Advance boys

Edited by Bertoga

Im also curious, im in 654 gear and when i run my profile with your talent recommendations for each spec survival outperforms mm by about 500 dps, with bm doing less than both

Im also curious, im in 654 gear and when i run my profile with your talent recommendations for each spec survival outperforms mm by about 500 dps, with bm doing less than both

I have a custom APL for each spec, likely to do with the higher numbers across the board, plus my settings are a shorter fight length.

So, I'm completely new to simcraft. How are you getting these DPS graphs ? I know how to sim my character in all 3 specs, but only in 3 different result tabs. Is there a compare results option I'm missing ?

Also, specifically for Niix, I suppose you're getting 38 % crit with the 5% Buff and Bufffood, so you switched your Enchants to MS, but kept the Crit Scope. Is that the normal thing to do ? Many Hunters seem to also swap scopes after they reached the Crit soft cap. Thanks in Advance boys

For the DPS comparison bars. All you have to do is copy your second profile, and just paste it directly below the other. Rename the hunter="insert name here" part to whatever you want and then simulate it.

The reason I'm using MS enchants is simply because it sims higher, I couldn't give you a good reason as to why all I know is that I have 31.5% crit unbuffed without the enchants and MS is starting to take the lead for me.

For the record the crit soft cap is 38% WITHOUT the food and 5% buff. So you end up with 43% with buffs. Nobody can feasibly get there right now.

Whoa vers is better than crit for us now? Ms > mastery > crit for aoe situations still?

These weights are for overall.

Hi Niix!

I've been reading your guides/posts for a while now but since the big rehaul you did on the 20th, I've been confused as to what I'm supposed to do now to maximise my DPS!

I'm not very good with using simulationcraft but it did also say that now Multistrike is more valuable than crit.

I'm confused as to whether I should swap to Survival or stay as Marksman, and if I should now get the Multistrike gun filament as opposed to the Crit one along with gems/enchants. I'm also unsure which talents I should now take because I'm not sure how without changing the talents at all suddenly Lone Wolf stopped being best for Survival/MM!

Also since the gear in Highmaul is very Crit/haste Crit/mastery orientated, should that influence my decision on whether I should pick Survival/MM?

Here is my armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Gummi%C3%A9/advanced

Yes there is an accent on the 'e' it is ALT+130 if you need to type it!

Thank you for taking the time to write all these things to keep people who don't really know whats going on updated!

Hi Niix!

I've been reading your guides/posts for a while now but since the big rehaul you did on the 20th, I've been confused as to what I'm supposed to do now to maximise my DPS!

I'm not very good with using simulationcraft but it did also say that now Multistrike is more valuable than crit.

I'm confused as to whether I should swap to Survival or stay as Marksman, and if I should now get the Multistrike gun filament as opposed to the Crit one along with gems/enchants. I'm also unsure which talents I should now take because I'm not sure how without changing the talents at all suddenly Lone Wolf stopped being best for Survival/MM!

Also since the gear in Highmaul is very Crit/haste Crit/mastery orientated, should that influence my decision on whether I should pick Survival/MM?

Here is my armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Gummi%C3%A9/advanced

Yes there is an accent on the 'e' it is ALT+130 if you need to type it!

Thank you for taking the time to write all these things to keep people who don't really know whats going on updated!

I would take lone wolf over Focusing Shot, I'm actually removing that entirely from the guide.

I'm even a little bit confused about what I'm seeing too. Will be updating with more info in the coming days.

I have a feeling that rotation-wise, Focusing Shot is bad for MM, because we don't have an on-demand 1 GCD ability to bridge the gap between long casts of FS and AiS and casting Chimaera on cooldown. In other words, using FS with MM is likely to result with very long delays of CS or long downtime, waiting for CS to come off cooldown.

This isn't much of an issue for SV and BM, who have Arcane shot to use as a gap closer inbetween signature shots.

Edited by Iridar

I have a feeling that rotation-wise, Focusing Shot is bad for MM, because we don't have an on-demand 1 GCD ability to bridge the gap between long casts of FS and AiS and casting Chimaera on cooldown. In other words, using FS with MM is likely to result with very long delays of CS or long downtime, waiting for CS to come off cooldown.

This isn't much of an issue for SV and BM, who have Arcane shot to use as a gap closer inbetween signature shots.

Yeah I'm updating this now.

Hey Nnx. Congrats on the new guild and thanks for the guide - it has helped me out immensely.

I was just wondering one thing regarding horde races. The simming you've posted shows Blood Elf being on top of almost every spec. But why? How is 15 focus every 2 minutes that good? I'm sure you're right, I'm just being a bit sceptical, you know.

I'm changing to horde very soon and I'm putting in some research and this struck me as slightly odd.

Cheers!

Hey Nnx. Congrats on the new guild and thanks for the guide - it has helped me out immensely.

I was just wondering one thing regarding horde races. The simming you've posted shows Blood Elf being on top of almost every spec. But why? How is 15 focus every 2 minutes that good? I'm sure you're right, I'm just being a bit sceptical, you know.

I'm changing to horde very soon and I'm putting in some research and this struck me as slightly odd.

Cheers!

Blood Elves get +1% Crit and the on-demand Focus regen (nice for openers), that's why

Edited by Atrais

The sniper training weak aura (the bar with a tick) was giving me an error every time the buff wasn't present (e.g. running too long).

I fixed it, and in the process cleaned it up a little.

dSKAzaGirLCjuf8jrf1OuIYPuI0SuGULuP2LsOggeoMsAzi4zsfttQQRPiTna13evzCsLCoisRtjQkZtjQI7HQO9PevoiawOuLhcqnrrf5Ikf2iG0hva1ifvQtcrTsfGzQuKBcrStj9tfXqvczPaINkmvPCvaYxvcoRsuLwlQc1CrO9s9xLQblIdRQflQQhJktgOltSzf1NfPrRGonOvJQqETsPzdPBlk7gQFJ0WvOJRuulxLNJY0jDDj2UOcFxjIXJQ68OkTEfqMVsuvTFeTxDZX7MvhmhewmIfJ0fNNJmhGoaDZb)jZZmrnq7c4Pt70PRot7G0U60VRU8C39b2bVtMNzIAG2nW9r0z601(eMsabIvcD55U7dSdH)4Jbfq3ZbtqNxefIvh9M0AtqYM2aOnhqqhbgokhzs7EigItD8GGqfsXp6UEW0u5yUz1bUK1oyAQCmxxDGsFq3CuyYoh6Zyo0RiookQ4MJScQcDZQvh6Jky1nhzfuf6MvRoUNtCZrwbvHUz1Qdo0NXCZbdItrfh5gq12gaXQvhNKcP4gVJIJ0JwgT6GZnxxDZbxHP0SMWxb0i4RIJYi4RIJzkwbk6NYCmbqTnHCDdhpgM9kKIDZr2dXU5y8eMOoOx(q1Qvh6bttLZnhFrPCOuS48DuyYEbdv3ZbxHP0S9HqqXHcZeqh4pt2PJY9k9CWtE6OGLCiy1XxuQdLsrv44oDuUxPNJzigCz5mpWY5L6qPuufo6GjCumiJm5KShIH4uhfMSJ)mX9CCsMdeoWFM4iWWr5itA3dXqCQJtYMmk3R0ZXY5a)zcZnxxDey4OCKjT7Hyio1QJctaIK5EwDakSxl3RIZ3biKXDIk7hvFfsXUIWbKJIDphCuu65MRRUU6kbxxDTJRRU23veloVPwDmuGPdvxjGWXr1xf3Zbk9bDZrHj7COpJ5EookQ4MJScQcDZQvhfMSZgfo3ZH(OcwDZrwbvHUz1Qdo0NXCZbdItrfh5gq12gaXQd2OW5MdgeNIkUsWQJ75e3CKvqvOBwTA1r(p320JwWGaMIsp3CD1veUsWveU2XveU23vewDK)ZTn9Ofmyt4RLtCGmwLB(5eIaacobZiUG8BbOCpJiseq4tSj81YjmIXMl)j7lmeQIdqiBe95n0NBlZbpWCmtpj9Ofmyt4RLtCGmwLB(5eIaacobZiUG8BbOCpJiseq4tSj81YjmIXMl)j7lmeQIJtsHuCJ3rXX4rtpHXuHVwoXb)jZZmrDT7vca7ac6y5vqrPlXHk81YjoqgRYn)CcraabPygXfKFlaL7zexeDjYbq5Egseq4teGY9mIauUNGdM(CBzaMI1hIZeS6a5AGCoTHJbIsZCfHJVOu3ZXdccvif)O76bttLJ5MvhZ3NjHEV(U23XsGG6qxjamWo4DY8mtux7U)uh4sw7GPPYXCD1Xm9K0JwWGaMIsp3CLGbkWDTMhH1otN2zAxDriVU8C3t74Ahxry1b9GcwFfsXoY9eGGmpEsTbWMCW0NBlBruiwD0BsRnbjab5bo3nhQWxbmfLEU56QRRUsW1vx746QR9DD1Qvxj4MdENmpZe11U7p1Xm9K0JwWGaMIsp3CLGRiCTJb60oa3fsrAEeqqOlcaJaXQN7EkWwDmtXkqr)uMJjaQTjKRB44XWSxHuSBoYEi2nhJNWe1b9YhQwT6qpyAQCU54KmhlE1b(Zehbgokhzs7EigItDWvyknBFieuCOWmb0XjztgL7v65y5CWvyknBx5DuCW0xlmhkVJIdUctPzokyjhcwD8fL6qPuufoUthL7v65ygIbxwoZdSCEPokmzh)zI75qPuufo6GjCumiJm5KShIH4uh4pt2PJY9k9CWtE6GRWuAwovUxHuSJ5cMtHu8Ywk5aititititqPCpkzY(GKj7dsMSpizY(GKj7dsMawUxHu8GKjc)r49kKIBWmHmHNKjacd1EL55LLRr0Nx5Y1G5kWWr5itA3dXqCAUwkzc5aititititorlhMmbSCVcP4bjte(JW7vif3Gzc5aemOJVOuoukwC(o4kmLM5yUG5uifVSLsoaYeYeYeYeuk3JsMSpizY(GKj7dsMSpizY(GKj7dsMi8hH3RqkUbZeYeEsMaimu7vMNxwUgrFELlxdsMKRadhLJmPDpedXP5APKdGmHmHmHmbotMi8hH3RqkUbZeYKhdsMi8hH3RqkUbZeYeYLFEsMGGm5XGKjc)r49kKIBWmHmPBYKbw0gmtw2sjtwE4jzshYeDOGjhazczczczczczczczYjA5WKj6veYbqMqMqMqMiyqYbiyqhCdfUTokJGVkokmzVGHQ75a)zcZnxxDey4OCKjT7Hyio1QJctaIK5EwDakSxl3RIZ3biKXDIk7hvFfsXUIWbhfLEU56QRRUsW1vx746QR9DfXIZBQvh5)CBtpAbdcykk9CZ1vxr4kbxr4Ahxr4AFxry1XqbMouDLachhvFvCphO0h0nhfMSJLCiNZ3H(OcwDZrwbvHUz1Qd2OW5MdgeNIkUsWQJct25qFgZ9CCpN4MJScQcDZQvhfMSZgfo3Zbh6ZyU5GbXPOIJCdOABdGy1Xrrf3CKvqvOBwTA1bKJIDphfSEW0u5CZbxHP0mhZfmNcP4LTuYbqMqMqMqMGs5EuYK9bjt2hKmzFqYK9bjt2hKmzFqYeH)i8EfsXnyMqMWtYeaHHAVY88YY1i6ZRC5AqYKCfy4OCKjT7HyionxlLCaKjKjKjKjWzYeH)i8EfsXnyMqMWtEsMGGmrhkyYKt0YHjt0RiKjcgKCacg0QJ8FUTPhTGbBcFTCIdKXQCZpNqeaqWjygXfKFlaL7zerIacFInHVwoHrm2C5pzFHHqvCaczJOpVH(CBzo4bMJz6jPhTGbBcFTCIdKXQCZpNqeaqWjygXfKFlaL7zerIacFInHVwoHrm2C5pzFHHqvCCskKIB8okogpA6jmMk81YjoEqqOcP4hDxpyAQCm3S6qf(A5ehiJv5MFoHiaGGumJ4cYVfGY9mIlIUe5aOCpdjci8jcq5Egrak3tWbtFUTmatX6dXzcwDGCnqoN2WXarPzUIWXxuQ75ac6aicOJ57ZKqVxFx77yjqqDOReagyh8NmpZe11UxjaSdCjRDW0u5yUU6GRWuAwt4RaAe8vXrze8vXb9GcwFfsXoY9eGGmpEsTbWMCW0NBlBruiwD0BsRnbjab5bo3nhQWxbmfLEU56QRRUsW1vx746QR9DD1Qvx74MJz6jPhTGbbmfLEU56QRiCTJRiw8kWiYRR(Dw7KhHP9rQvhSptAcFTCIZ3XmfRaf9tzoMaO2MqUUHJhdZEfsXU5i7Hy3CmEctuh0lFOA1Qd9GPPY5MJVOuoukwC(okmzVGHQ75GRWuA2(qiO4qHzcOdLsrv44oDuUxPNJzigCz5mpWY5L6OGLCiy1XxuQdLsrv4OdMWrXGmYKtYEigItDCsMJ(okmzh)zI75a)zYoDuUxPNdEYth4ptCey4OCKjT7Hyio1XjztgL7v65y5CG)mH5MRRocmCuoYK29qmeNA1QdqH9A5EvC(oaHmUtuz)O6Rqk2veoykKBlV5u5EfsXUNdokk9CZ1vxxDLGRRU2X1vx77kIfN3uRogkW0HQReq44O6RI75aL(GU5OWKDo0NXCphhfvCZrwbvHUz1QJct2zJcN75qFubRU5iRGQq3SA1bh6ZyU5GbXPOIJCdOABdGy1bBu4CZbdItrfxjy1X9CIBoYkOk0nRwT6i)NBB6rlyqatrPNBUU6kcxj4kcx74kcx77kcRoaHSr0N3qFUTmh8aZXm9K0JwWGnHVwoXbYyvU5Nticai4emJ4cYVfGY9mIiraHpXMWxlNWigBU8NSVWqOko4kmLM1e(kGgbFvCugbFvCCskKIB8okogpA6jmMk81YjoGCuS754bbHkKIF0D9GPPYXCZQdv4RLtCGmwLB(5eIaacsXmIli)wak3ZiUi6sKdGY9mKiGWNiaL7zebOCpbhm952YamfRpeNjy1bY1a5CAdhdeLM5kchFrPUNdiOJb(eb7y((mj07131oowceuh6kbGb2r(p320JwWGnHVwoXbYyvU5Nticai4emJ4cYVfGY9mIiraHpXMWxlNWigBU8NSVWqOko4pzEMjQRDVsayh4sw7GPPYXCD1bVtMNzI6A39N6GEqbRVcPyh5EcqqMhpP2aytoy6ZTLTikeRo6nP1MGeGG8aN7Mdv4RaMIsp3CD11vxj46QRDCD11(UUA1QR9DZbhfLEU56QRiCLGRiCTJRiCTVRRwDCskKIB8okouHVwoXbVtMNzI6A39N6ac6Ob526qf(A5ehiJv5MFoHiaGGtWmIli)wak3ZiIebe(eBcFTCcJyS5YFY(cdHQ4aeY4rfmNcZH4Eo4pzEMjQRDVsyQd9GPPY5MdL3rXbtFTWCuyY(q5r1HoFhdLhvhUthL7v65y5CWvyknBFieuCOWmb0b(ZeMBUU6iWWr5itA3dXqCQvhdLhvh6aHJcwYHGvhFrPokmzVGHQ7z1X89zsO3RVRtDSeiOo01ooWLS2bttLJ56QJheeQqk(r31dMMkhZnRogkW0HQbAxRatayGrkcKMhsxrqipcEU7(D5aL(GU5OWKDo0NXCphhfvCZrwbvHUz1QJct2zJcN75qFubRU5iRGQq3SA1bBu4CZbdItrfxjy1bh6ZyU5GbXPOIJCdOABdGy1X9CIBoYkOk0nRwTA11PU5GwuuiwCph8NmpZe11UxjmDXtDaczJOpVnHV6GhgjhGdENmpZe11U7p1Xm9K0JwWGaMIsp3CD1aT)ucReagrxii0jpKMxEi1ZDpDQRDmqZdPReiGa4(i6VcCFGr03ZDpfyx77kcRoyFM0e(A5eNVJzkwbk6NYCmbqTnHCDdh6bttLZnhkVJIdM(AH5OWK9HYJQdD(ogkpQoCNok3R0ZXY5a)zcZnxxDey4OCKjT7HyioD5JmbicNGvuEjtqcnhcOvhdLhvh6aHJct2lyO6EokyjhcwD8fL6GRWuA2(qiO4qHzcOvhm952YwefIvhaEJABdG4i)NBB6rlyqatrPNBUU6kcxj4kcx74kcx7BGofrFGxrAEaJaPDrOpHPa75UN2XQdqH9A5EvC(ogpA6jm2IoHdYGuSRRoMPy1XgO5aqitMSiiFb1XqbMouDLW0fp1bUK1oyAQCmxxDGsFq3CuyYowYHCoFh6Jky1nhzfuf6MvRo4qFgZnhmiofvCKBavBBaeRokmzNd9zm3ZX9CIBoYkOk0nRwDuyYoBu4CphSrHZnhmiofvCLGvhhfvCZrwbvHUz1QvhZuSgWbsCTtEoY)52ME0cgSj81YjoqgRYn)CcraabNGzexq(TauUNrejci8j2e(A5egXyZL)K9fgcvXbiKnI(8g6ZTL5Gh4Cmtpj9Ofmyt4RLtCGmwLB(5eIaacobZiUG8BbOCpJiseq4tSj81YjmIXMl)j7lmeQIJtsHuCJ3rXX4rtpHXuHVwoXbe0rVNBB6rlyqhFrPUNdihf7Eoy6ZTLbykwFiotWQdKRbY50gogiknZveo4rfMcN51XM2aOnhpiiuHu8JURhmnvoMBwDmFFMe6967kbhlbcQdDLqEeCWrrPNBUUAG2vNoaJiV(aJOFNUYlV(555UN2XvcUU6Ahd0U6K3AhKcmsN2VpcG70z1ZDpTJR9DD1QdqiJhvWCkmhI75aIZHCmX9CWvyknRj8vanc(Q4Omc(Q4GJsrbPlb7EouHVcykk9CZ1vd0(DHOtxDqkWiimLqxtxZZZDpDQReCfHRDCD11(UUA1Qvh5W11(eqy1g
Edited by Thaya

Hemets seems to be simming higher for SV for my gear by about 200 dps. Have you tested it as well?

Edit: Now it looks like it's all up to RNG since Ogle is simming higher again

Edited by Boros

This is amazing. The talents and specs are so close now that its up to personal preferance and a fight to fight basis what you choose. I played survival this week in heroic highmaul and it performed amazing on every fight, a lot more enjoyable than mm in my opinion. Rejoice my fellow hunters, you are free to choose whatever you want. I believe at this point you should stop nit picking over a couple 100 dps difference in the sims and play whatever the hell you want and feel comfortable with.

This is amazing. The talents and specs are so close now that its up to personal preferance and a fight to fight basis what you choose. I played survival this week in heroic highmaul and it performed amazing on every fight, a lot more enjoyable than mm in my opinion. Rejoice my fellow hunters, you are free to choose whatever you want. I believe at this point you should stop nit picking over a couple 100 dps difference in the sims and play whatever the hell you want and feel comfortable with.

I'd like to add to this that if it's all the same - you should pick the spec which is best for current fight.

No player movement, but heavy boss movement - MM.

Heavy player movement, no boss movement - BM.

Heavy player and boss movement: SV. 

I agree with you, just wanna throw out that survival is just as viable as mm with no movement single target. I speak from experience trying both this week in raids, not necessarily the sims

I agree with you, just wanna throw out that survival is just as viable as mm with no movement single target. I speak from experience trying both this week in raids, not necessarily the sims

It would be interesting to test it with focusing shot and steady focus. Gonna go to heroic butcher tomorrow, will test. 

It would be interesting to test it with focusing shot and steady focus. Gonna go to heroic butcher tomorrow, will test. 

Currently FS + SF + Barr is simming highest for SV