FORUMS
Niix

Azortharion's 6.2.2 MM Hunter Guide

If you could also run logs we might be able to find any errors there may be between fights.  This isn't saying that you aren't making any, but that there might be some.

As promised, here is a log of Kargath kill just a few minutes ago as survival using lone wolf. please let me know if you see something off

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/aZqnb97DAFxKGrHQ/#source=7

As promised, here is a log of Kargath kill just a few minutes ago as survival using lone wolf. please let me know if you see something off

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/aZqnb97DAFxKGrHQ/#source=7

Hard to compare the fights bc on the LW pull you had literally double the BA uptime you had for the EM pull, but the EM pull had 20 extra casts of ES.  This is why comparing fights from different pulls is not a good comparison, Sims give a better picture.

Edited by Atrais

yeah just look at the most recent one, the kargath kill. the other fights i wasn't completely there and focused, had other stuff going on in the background. for arguments sake ill do another kargath kill with em and you can compare.

yeah just look at the most recent one, the kargath kill. the other fights i wasn't completely there and focused, had other stuff going on in the background. for arguments sake ill do another kargath kill with em and you can compare.

I wasnt criticizing your fight, I was illustrating why comparing 1 fight to another 1 fight is pointless, because RNG is going to change from fight to fight.  You might get rly lucky with LnL procs on the EM fight, but horrible RNG on the LW fight, which might make EM look better.  This is why Sims run 10,000+ iterations, to account for variation from fight to fight.

Of course, if all you want is for us to give you pointers on how to improve your DPS, by all means, continue :)

One thing I wanted to add that I noticed this morning when simming Survival.

I tweaked the actions lsit and added Explosive Trap to the single-target rotation, putting its priority just behind Glaive Toss.  It resulted in ~400 DPS increase, so I believe for survival (which gets +30% Explosive Trap DoT damage), Explosive Trap should be used for single-target as well as cleave/AOE, but as a low priority filler.

Edited by Atrais

One thing I wanted to add that I noticed this morning when simming Survival.

I tweaked the actions lsit and added Explosive Trap to the single-target rotation, putting its priority just behind Glaive Toss.  It resulted in ~400 DPS increase, so I believe for survival (which gets +30% Explosive Trap DoT damage), Explosive Trap should be used for single-target as well as cleave/AOE, but as a low priority filler.

wow, now thats interesting.

wow, now thats interesting.

The longer the fight goes on, the less difference it makes.  On a 450 sec, the increase was only ~250.  Regardless, Explosive Trap is free and easy to use, just dont delay any CDs for it.

For those wondering, I'd like to prematurely warn that while you can wear both inv_60pvp_trinket3c.jpgPrimal Gladiator's Insignia of Conquest and inv_60pvp_trinket3c.jpgPrimal Combatant's Insignia of Conquest at the same time, they share internal cooldown. Meaning whichever procs first - will put another trinket's proc on cooldown, making second trinket basically a dead weight.

Edited by Iridar

Okay, final verdict on the buffs to SV and BM.

Survival with very specific gear will actually pull ahead of MM, however I'm currently geared for crit and this is what my simc comparison looks like.

VTAp3Ye.png

SV is close to MM but since all of us have been picking up crit gear for the past few weeks, we will need a different set of gear to be able to use SV reliably. 

• Like 1

What I mean by pull ahead is that if you're geared specifically for SV, your MM DPS will suffer in the sense that you wouldn't be prioritizing crit.

SV is better if your MM gear is bad and you SV gear is good. With equal gear, SV is worse than MM simply because of the fact that we can't get enough multi for SV to be anything more than 2nd.

I guess they havent updated the hotfix notes then, they still say that the buffs are undergoing testing

Yeah they always say that. I would recommend simming yourself to figure out how the specs perform in your gear.

Yeah they always say that. I would recommend simming yourself to figure out how the specs perform in your gear.

Does simcraft always have the latest information or is an update required?

How come crows is saved for after rapid fire in your MM opener? What changed?

Crows doesn't benefit from Rapid Fire in any way, it's a possible loss of an aimed shot. Over the course of the fight you won't lose that crows unless there is a completely ridiculous fight length, and even then, the increased burst DPS will give you more total damage than that one crows will.

Was hoping someone would be able to help me out.  Doing Butcher I pulled 20.7k according to the logs and I'm pretty sure I should be pulling more. Here is my Armory and here is the logs from last night. Best I can tell I missed 3 Chimaera shots, a glaive toss, and possibly a double tap of kill shot although if there is any delay between the reset which tends to happen not likely. Am I missing anything else? I'm one of the people moving in and out for stacks but I still managed 96.6% up time on sniper training.

I was going to re-run simcraft tonight when I got home but in the past when I've ran it, it always says that multistrike would be my best choice. Is the base ability priority in simcraft ideal or is there a better way to set it up?

Was hoping someone would be able to help me out.  Doing Butcher I pulled 20.7k according to the logs and I'm pretty sure I should be pulling more.

20.7 is perfectly good for your gear.

I was going to re-run simcraft tonight when I got home but in the past when I've ran it, it always says that multistrike would be my best choice. Is the base ability priority in simcraft ideal or is there a better way to set it up?

SimC tells me the same thing. I actually found a DPS increase in switching to Multi-Strike enchants on my gear, (not the weapon). Your crit is starting to get up there so multi-strike will soon pull ahead but I wouldn't recommend it until you get about 32% crit, then start switching to MS enchants, but make sure you sim yourself first.

Was hoping someone would be able to help me out.  Doing Butcher I pulled 20.7k according to the logs and I'm pretty sure I should be pulling more. Here is my Armory and here is the logs from last night. Best I can tell I missed 3 Chimaera shots, a glaive toss, and possibly a double tap of kill shot although if there is any delay between the reset which tends to happen not likely. Am I missing anything else? I'm one of the people moving in and out for stacks but I still managed 96.6% up time on sniper training.

You also missed a use of Crows by delaying it almost 30s.  Crows should be used on pull before you use Rapid Fire.  If you had the 5th use of crows you would've gained ~400dps.  Outside of that you've got the rest of your self-analysis down, but don't hit yourself too hard for having missed 3 Chimaera Shots, nobody is perfect and focus/cast times don't always (rarely ever in my experience) line up nicely.  

Edit: Here's a log comparison of your log with one of mine from last week.  And adjusted for time frame.

Edited by Orthios

SimC tells me the same thing. I actually found a DPS increase in switching to Multi-Strike enchants on my gear, (not the weapon). Your crit is starting to get up there so multi-strike will soon pull ahead but I wouldn't recommend it until you get about 32% crit, then start switching to MS enchants, but make sure you sim yourself first.

Is that 32% w/o raid buffed or with?