FORUMS
Niix

Azortharion's 6.2.2 MM Hunter Guide

Currently FS + SF + Barr is simming highest for SV

FS SF BARR is simming best for all three specs right now. Including MM, it is just incredibly hard to use properly so I'm going to figure out what to recommend.

Personally the only fight i would use focusing shot on would be butcher IF im not a trigger, which i am 90% of the time. As a trigger on heroic butcher, i managed to pull almost 24k in 654 using lone wolf, Toth, and GT. On tectus i pulled just over 27k using exotic munitions, barrage, and Toth. You have to keep in mind when you look at these sims of the best talents to use, like niix said, some are extremely clunky and hard to use together.

FS SF BARR is simming best for all three specs right now. Including MM, it is just incredibly hard to use properly so I'm going to figure out what to recommend.

I think it'll have to be on a fight by fight basis if you want to break it down, otherwise generally LW + TotH + GT will give you only slightly less if not more dps.

Edited by Boros

LW GT TOTH is the best setup we have on quite literally every fight except butcher.

Is that MM only, or every other spec as well?

Is that MM only, or every other spec as well?

I know SV is the same way. Not sure right now about the others. SimC changed a lot of things that are messing with my sims

LW GT TOTH is the best setup we have on quite literally every fight except butcher.

Shouldn't there be plenty of time to use FS on most fights?

why would you recommend a different set up for butcher? that doesnt make sense to me, you say LW GT Toth is the best set up for every fight except butcher, and then you recommend barrage for any fight with more than 1 target? Could you please clarify, seeing as 5/7 fights in highmaul have more than 1 target? And what would be a better set up for butcher?

why would you recommend a different set up for butcher? that doesnt make sense to me, you say LW GT Toth is the best set up for every fight except butcher, and then you recommend barrage for any fight with more than 1 target? Could you please clarify, seeing as 5/7 fights in highmaul have more than 1 target? And what would be a better set up for butcher?

Because Butcher is:

A - place where you need maximum amount of DPS above all else

B - where there's little to no mechanics for you to deal with, so you can concentrate on dealing damage

C - there isn't much movement, even if you're the trigger

All of this combined makes viable certain talent choices, which can be otherwise impractical.

I'm well aware of whats required to down heroic butcher, thank you. and my comment was more directed towards niix's comment that "lw gt Toth is literally the best set up for every fight except butcher". This makes absolutely no sense, seeing as how you should be taking barrage and literally every fight except butcher, and kar'gath if you're not going into the stands.

Edited by change

Okay let me explain.

For fights with movement, basically every single one. Focusing Shot is bad. However you're not moving at all on Butcher so you can use focusing shot.

Focusing Shot pairs better with Barrage and Steady Focus than it does with glaive toss.

That's why I say if you're taking Focusing Shot with low movement, take Barrage and Steady Focus. They pair well.

If there is movement, take Lone Wolf and Glaive Toss, because they pair better.

If your a trigger you are moving, not so much from 100-30%, but once you hit soft enrage you move quite a bit. Still dont understand where you get "no movement" on butcher.

If your a trigger you are moving, not so much from 100-30%, but once you hit soft enrage you move quite a bit. Still dont understand where you get "no movement" on butcher.

The key word that you're using here is "If". If I'm a trigger, there is SOME movement, but not nearly enough to actually have an impact on your ability to keep sniper training up, or your ability to use Focusing Shot.

If you're not a trigger, your movement is even less.

• Like 1

unfortunately they're 10g each on mal'ganis, and im just not willing to blow through that kinda coin for food haha. So, still wondering if 75 multi is better than 100 crit

unfortunately they're 10g each on mal'ganis, and im just not willing to blow through that kinda coin for food haha. So, still wondering if 75 multi is better than 100 crit

75 MS < 100 Crit

Thank you, would be nice if they had a drop down menu on feasts and you could choose which stat you wanted huh tongue.png

On second thought, after re-checking my stat weights, the 75 MS would be slightly better for SV, sorry about that.  To be fair, its not a massive difference either way.

Edited by Atrais

Thank you, would be nice if they had a drop down menu on feasts and you could choose which stat you wanted huh tongue.png

Actually, you can. Just take off gear pieces with crit, and keep pieces with multistrike on. Make sure multistrike is your highest stat, then eat the feast.

Actually, you can. Just take off gear pieces with crit, and keep pieces with multistrike on. Make sure multistrike is your highest stat, then eat the feast.

Yeah, that works, but I agree with change that letting us pick our bonus would be preferable, especially with some classes having soft caps, so there highest stat may not be optimal