FORUMS
Niix

Azortharion's 6.2.2 MM Hunter Guide

Currently doing a massive re-sim of talent combinations for all 3 specs. Instead of doing a tier by tier talent sim I'm going to do a full combo sim using Lockrick's profile.

It will spit something out with the results similar to this.

What this means is you'll have to know which spot each talent is in each tier. The first number is the SF / DB / ToTH tier. 1 being farthest to the left, 3 being farthest to the right, 2 being the middle. 2nd number is 75 talents, 3rd is 90, 4th is 100. It is like that for neatness and so it's easier to look at.

Hi guys. 

first of all thanks for all the work done here. it's so usefull, especially nnx ;) 

I've a question, you advice to take stampede instead of crow, but in the cycle you still mention crow. it might be just a little oversight but i wanna be sure of that ^^ 

Thanks ! 

How much should I worry about applying Serpent Sting to the target? There are situations, especially during opener, when I theoretically could go for 10+ seconds without casting Arcane Shots by casting Cobras and Barrage instead. 

In other words, how high the Arcane Shot is in the shot priority if the target doesn't yet have Serpent Sting on it?

Hi guys. 

first of all thanks for all the work done here. it's so usefull, especially nnx wink.png

I've a question, you advice to take stampede instead of crow, but in the cycle you still mention crow. it might be just a little oversight but i wanna be sure of that ^^ 

Thanks ! 

Yeah that section is just incase you wanna use crows.  I can't assume everyone here will want to use the top talent just because it's top.

How much should I worry about applying Serpent Sting to the target? There are situations, especially during opener, when I theoretically could go for 10+ seconds without casting Arcane Shots by casting Cobras and Barrage instead. 

In other words, how high the Arcane Shot is in the shot priority if the target doesn't yet have Serpent Sting on it?

I never seem to have this problem, but then again I always save Barrage for adds, since no boss in HM involves more than 1 target on the pull, except Twins which I use GT for, so I wouldn't be using Barrage to start.  I don't see why you would ever priotize Cobra over SS, unless you were focus-starved.  If you do AMoC->BA->ES->Arcane, you should always have SS on the target.

I never seem to have this problem, but then again I always save Barrage for adds, since no boss in HM involves more than 1 target on the pull, except Twins which I use GT for, so I wouldn't be using Barrage to start.  I don't see why you would ever priotize Cobra over SS, unless you were focus-starved.  If you do AMoC->BA->ES->Arcane, you should always have SS on the target.

For BM and MM using TotH, it is profitable to delay spending focus on focus dumps, hoping that TotH would proc from Chimaera / Kill Command that you need to cast on cooldown anyway. So while you wait for them to come off cooldown, you cast Cobras / Steadies. It is a small DPS gain, as long as you don't overcap. 

In case of SV, Arcane Shot isn't only a focus dump, but also a SS applier, but in the guide it is merely listed as a focus dump. So I'm asking how worried should I be about it. 

For BM and MM using TotH, it is profitable to delay spending focus on focus dumps, hoping that TotH would proc from Chimaera / Kill Command that you need to cast on cooldown anyway. So while you wait for them to come off cooldown, you cast Cobras / Steadies. It is a small DPS gain, as long as you don't overcap. 

In case of SV, Arcane Shot isn't only a focus dump, but also a SS applier, but in the guide it is merely listed as a focus dump. So I'm asking how worried should I be about it. 

So, in other words, for MM you would never cast AiS without ToTH unless you were about to cap? (I assume that doesn't apply under the affects of RF)  That may be a DPS gain, I'm not sure, but seems a bit strange to me, to be honest.

Also, for SV, with the buff to SS, it is a significant portion of your DPS, I can't see how delaying its application for anything besides BA or ES would be a DPS gain.

So, in other words, for MM you would never cast AiS without ToTH unless you were about to cap? (I assume that doesn't apply under the affects of RF)  That may be a DPS gain, I'm not sure, but seems a bit strange to me, to be honest.

Pretty much. It's not weird at all, it's just one of the subtleties. Chimaera, GT / Barrage and AiS - all can proc TotH, but only AiS benefits from it. Seems reasonable to delay casting AiS, if possible. 

Also, for SV, with the buff to SS, it is a significant portion of your DPS, I can't see how delaying its application for anything besides BA or ES would be a DPS gain.

Probably not. I just want to know its place on priority list, that's all. 

I'm having a wee bit of a problem with WeakAuras import for Sniper Training. I get spammed by "There are too many errors in your UI...". Other than that, WA works fine. Now, either I need a way to suppress those messages (Bugsack, disabling LUA errors and System messages in channel didn't work) or I'm gonna ask/plead/beg for WA creator to take a look at this

2948x WeakAuras\WeakAuras-2.0.9.7.lua:1904: attempt to compare number with nil
WeakAuras\WeakAuras-2.0.9.7.lua:1904: in function `SetEventDynamics'
WeakAuras\WeakAuras-2.0.9.7.lua:2020: in function `EndEvent'
WeakAuras\WeakAuras-2.0.9.7.lua:1859: in function `ScanEvents'
WeakAuras\WeakAuras-2.0.9.7.lua:4704: in function <WeakAuras\WeakAuras.lua:4702>

Locals:
id = "Sniper Training Below 3"
triggernum = 0
force = nil
data = <table> {
 untrigger = <function> defined return function() 
    local st = select(7,UnitBuff("player", "Sniper Training"))
    if st  == nil then
        return true
    end

-- st = ceil(st - GetTime())

if st == 0 then
        return true
    end

end

:1
 durationFunc = <function> defined return function()

-- return GetPlayerBuffTimeLeft(GetPlayerBuff("Sniper Training"))
    local name, rank, icon, count, debuffType, duration, expirationTime, unitCaster, isStealable, shouldConsolidate, spellId = UnitBuff("player","Sniper Training") 

return duration, expirationTime

end

:1
 icon = true
 expiredHideFunc = false
 unevent = "auto"
 trigger = <function> defined return function() 
    local st = select(11,UnitBuff("player", "Sniper Training"))
    if st  == 168811 then       
        local howlong = select(7,UnitBuff("player", "Sniper Training"))

howlong2 = ceil(howlong - GetTime())

if howlong2 <= 3 and howlong ~= 0 then

return true
        end

end
end:1
 numAdditionalTriggers = 0
 event = "Health"
 subevent = false
 region = <unnamed> {

}

Basically, there are no errors until ST bar drains completely to 0%. I can link the whole thing if you wish, but having a spoiler tag for that would be nice since it's huge.

Edit; found the spoiler tag!

Edit 2; added the important part of the error. and yes, 2948 is the number of errors

Edited by Moogle

They are not even remotely similar I don't know where you got that information.

4WOeR2z.png

I get you want 100% crit chance on bosses, but I don't have anywhere near that much, and simc is telling me Multistrike is about 10% better.

Edited by Minigun

I get you want 100% crit chance on bosses, but I don't have anywhere near that much, and simc is telling me Multistrike is about 10% better.

MS and Crit are close in value, so if you have less of one then simc is going to tell you that the other has a higher weight.

MS and Crit are close in value, so if you have less of one then simc is going to tell you that the other has a higher weight.

Makes sense, I don't have much MS atm.  But it still begs the question as to why crit is higher priority.  it's not like there is a lot of selection in the gear in Highmaul.  Does anyone get crit to parse higher than MS?

Edited by Minigun

MM gets a 5% bonus to crit, not to mention more focus available from critting with Aimed.

SV gets a 5% bonus to MS, works well with Black Arrow proccing Explosive etc...

SV gets a 5% bonus to MS, works well with Black Arrow proccing Explosive etc...

Black Arrow doesn't proc Lock and Load via multistrikes, as that idea was scrapped sometime during beta. LnL works the same way it did in MoP. SV does however get +20% MS damage, making them do 36% original damage instead if 30% and giving MS a higher value than crit does for increasing dps (you will get more dps out of X MS rating than you would X Crit rating).

The issue with SV gear isn't the crit... it's the haste.  Fucking haste is on everything and the stat weight for SV haste is incredibly low(It's almost a useless stat for SV).  That being said SV still does pretty well and I'm sticking with it in this gear (especially since I have to babysit the mechanics on every single fight so I'm all about the mobility).  Once Blackrock gear comes out I feel like SV is going to dominate, not only because of the gear options but I feel like the %damage to multistrike is bound to cater to higher stat levels.

Black Arrow doesn't proc Lock and Load via multistrikes, as that idea was scrapped sometime during beta. LnL works the same way it did in MoP. SV does however get +20% MS damage, making them do 36% original damage instead if 30% and giving MS a higher value than crit does for increasing dps (you will get more dps out of X MS rating than you would X Crit rating).

It's also worth noting that the ICD on lock'n'load proccing has been removed as well, so you can get multiple procs from one black arrow if your lucky. I've had cases when I got a lock'n'load proc before I'd finished getting rid of the last one. Reason I'm mentioning this is because it's something I'd never noticed until I got multiple procs from black arrow and asked a friend what happened with that. 

Edited by Kulia

Hey guys,

quick question about explosive trap in the rotation for SV. I use it whenever there are 2 ore more mobs. But I feel that it is a dps loss for single target fights. Tryed it on emperor HC for example and had the feeling that I performed worse with explosive trap in the rotation. Any thoughts?

Hey guys,

quick question about explosive trap in the rotation for SV. I use it whenever there are 2 ore more mobs. But I feel that it is a dps loss for single target fights. Tryed it on emperor HC for example and had the feeling that I performed worse with explosive trap in the rotation. Any thoughts?

It's easy to check if it's a DPS loss by using Simcraft. 

This is what I get with my gear, a small DPS boost, with Explosive Trap doing 3.9% DPS. 

Considering the difference is so small, I suggest using Explosive Trap to help you use other abilities optimally:

Say, you have 35 focus, no TotH proc, and Explosive Shot comes off cooldown in one second. In this case, if you use Cobra Shot, you will delay Explosive Shot. If you use Arcane Shot, you won't have enough focus for Explosive Shot. It's a perfect time to use Explosive Trap. 

Also, remember, that you regen 4-5 focus per second passively. Times when you're a few focus points short to cast a priority ability is also a great time to use Explosive Trap. 

You also should use it when there are no other priority abilities available, and you don't need more focus from Cobra to prepare for the future. 

• Like 3

I'm running my Sims with my own gear, I don't have the numbers on hand but for MM it will show the uses of both Glaive Toss and Barrage depending on which talent is selected. But for Survival it refuses to use either of these except for Barrage on 2+ targets, maybe I've gimped a setting somewhere or is it intended that Glaive Toss and Barrage is just not worth single target as Survival now?

As for the Stampede vs Murder of Crows, I'm noticing that over a 5.5 minute fight, 6 Crows were doing more than 2 Stampedes (during raid comparing to the other hunter who uses the same gear as I) even though the sims show Stampede being way higher per one cast. (Yes, one stampede is in Bloodlust, and potion where the other is a potion and Rapid Fire, sometimes the second one is both lust and rapid fire if it happens to line up.) [Yes, I'm adding together the different pets summoned for Stampede into one.] Again, don't have the numbers on me sadly.

I've been spent most the day trying to figure it out myself, but I just can't seem to do it.

I'm running my Sims with my own gear, I don't have the numbers on hand but for MM it will show the uses of both Glaive Toss and Barrage depending on which talent is selected. But for Survival it refuses to use either of these except for Barrage on 2+ targets, maybe I've gimped a setting somewhere or is it intended that Glaive Toss and Barrage is just not worth single target as Survival now?

As for the Stampede vs Murder of Crows, I'm noticing that over a 5.5 minute fight, 6 Crows were doing more than 2 Stampedes (during raid comparing to the other hunter who uses the same gear as I) even though the sims show Stampede being way higher per one cast. (Yes, one stampede is in Bloodlust, and potion where the other is a potion and Rapid Fire, sometimes the second one is both lust and rapid fire if it happens to line up.) [Yes, I'm adding together the different pets summoned for Stampede into one.] Again, don't have the numbers on me sadly.

I've been spent most the day trying to figure it out myself, but I just can't seem to do it.

Oh yes, only SV uses Exp. Trap against single target. MM and BM only against 2+. 

For some reason, Explosive Trap is not in simcraft single target priority for survival, I had to add it there manually. Barrage is working correctly by default though.

Simc is using barrage for me in surv.  Though it is questionable as to whether or not you should in single target.  Personally, I don't use it.  I sit on it until adds come.

Just because somehting is  a dps increase in a sim doesn't make it practical.  Iridar's post about the explosive trap is a prime example.

Just because something does more dmg doesn't make it better.

6 crows = 6 GCDs + 180 focus

2 Stampedes = 2 GCDs + 0 Focus

Edited by Minigun

SV Talents are up.

I still think that Serpent Sting should have its explicit place in the shot priority, because I refuse to believe we're supposed to consider it just an added side benefit to dumping focus with Arcane Shot.