Vixcis

[pvp] affliction warlock optimisation

Sign in to follow this  

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I haven t seen much threads about the lock in pvp situations so here I am.

As arena affliction warlocks I was actually wondering which stats should we focus on ?

First answer that comes to mind is mastery ofc, it ups all the damage. However, I ve seen many top locks on the ladder going for full haste on stuff and enchants (even taking the ashran pieces versatility/haste). An another top lock, Maldiva is full mastery (even on his staff enchant) tho. Other locks are hybrid, half haste half mastery. It s tough to see a pattern,

In my opinion Haste should be better becoz of the passive that grants us 5% more haste from all sources + the overall haste buff. Even more on this "kick oriented" meta.

So a pvp stuff full haste + some warforged mythic pieces with +50 mastery gems on them would be the optimal stuff imo (let me think also what u guys think of pve stuff in pvp ! :>)

Let me know what you guys think on this matter even if it seems that this forum is pretty much pve oriented.

I've never seen anyone PvP oriented on these forums so you might be asking the wrong people. *I* would never do arenas on my warlock but if I were to do them I would say that I would likely stack haste, passive buff, good damage, better for self heal, etc. But I've never seen secondarys matter much in PvP so I don't think it will make or break anything.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Decembersnow
      I D E N T I T Y
      [H] <The Resilient> is a 8/11 M raiding guild on Area-52. We are looking for strong ranged raiders to fill in a couple spots for people who have had life interrupt their gaming fun. We are a laid back group of mature adult nerds who are focused on clearing Antorus.
      WowProgress: https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/area-52/The+Resilient
      R E C R U I T I N G
      Ranged DPS and exceptional melee DPS.
      Especially warlocks and a rogue.
      S C H E D U L E
      Mandatory: Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday
      Optional: Tuesday (farm)
      6-8pm PST
      E X P E C T A T I O N S
      Be punctual. Be prepared. Be positive.
      We provide flasks, potions, and food.
      Discord is our VoiP of choice. We expect you to at least listen. Talking is highly preferred.
      Absences with notice can be worked around, but ghosting is highly unappreciated.
      C O N T A C T S
      BNET: Laolis#1620, Krungey#1340, December#1358, Jairou#1839, AlluraRaiyne#1298
      In-game message: Torvonn/Torvdaddy, Ráiyne, Krungey, Kwlpp, Decembersnow, or Jairou
      A P P L Y
      Use the website to complete a short form https://goo.gl/forms/kE86ZzWAweAJiqPV2
      OR 
      Reach out to one of the contacts above. Please have logs ready, and plan to raid with us at least one night in the week as a trial.
    • By ygzumc
      Hi. After reaching %33.3 Crit cap. What's your opinion stacking versa or haste.i go with versatility right now have %23.63/%11.82 versatility %16.71 haste %37 crit.i know i have little bit more crit but its good stat
    • By Babblet
      Location: Horde, US Connected Realms: Aegwynn, Bonechewer, Daggerspine, Gurubashi, Hakkar. 
      Raiding Times: Mon/Tue 7:30 PM EST - 11:30 PM EST

About us:
      We are former nolife raiders who now enjoy spending time outside our basements in the real world. Our total play time has decreased slightly but we still strive to meaningfully progress our characters through end game raiding. Currently we are recruiting new members to help us progress in the upcoming expansion. Join us and lets slay Dragons together!
      Apply if you are:
      interested in end game content; M+ Dungeons and Heroic/Mythic Raiding capable of critical thought and willing to contribute when discussing strategy a self-starter who plays to improve and keep up to date with latest theorycraft always on time and reliable  
      Recruitment Status: currently recruiting Ranged DPS, Healing classes.

Contacts/Battle Tags:
      Shig#1825 (Guild Master)
      Silvadine#1273 (Officer)
      Discord:
      Shig#8835
      Silvadine#1277
    • By Casdon
      [US] Stormreaver — Skunkworks
      Tuesdays & Thursdays: 7:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. (pst) || 9-1 (cst) || 10-2 (est)

Progression
      10/11M Antorus
      9/9M ToS
      10/10M Nighthold
      3/3M Trial of Valor
      7/7M Emerald Nightmare

Website
      skunkworksguild.com

About Us
      Skunkworks is a guild for players who can not or do not want to commit to the time-intensive raid schedules of traditional "hardcore" guilds.
      However, we still maintain a high caliber player environment and make an efficient use of our raiding time.
      We raid Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00 - 11:00 PST, just 8 hours a week and never more.

We are very protective of our guild environment and selective in recruitment. We are looking for solid players mechanically as well as intellectually.
      We all get paid to deal with idiots, why should we pay to spend our leisure time with them as well?

Skunkworks has been around for multiple expansions and has historically always been at the top of the 2-night raiding guild scene.

Past Raiding Achievements

#US 199 Mythic KJ #US 186 Mythic Archimonde #131 US Heroic Garrosh #68 US Heroic Ra-den #77 US Heroic Lei Shen #86 US Heroic Sha of Fear #106 US Heroic Madness of Deathwing #99 US Heroic Ragnaros #147 US Sinestra #91 US Heroic The Twilight Destroyer (Halion) #71 US Heroic Fall of the Lich King #247 US Tribute to Insanity #160 US Alone in the Darkness Current Guild Needs
      Amazing Range DPS ---Exceptional Candidates always considered regardless of recruiting needs.

How to Apply
      Apply with Google Forms
      https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL-LW1-7rRK28Z3Nswg4xD3-jjQWrIsCh77rYOdxKwY0oPPQ/viewform.
      All applications are kept private.
      Please include at least the following.
          Prominent links to relevant armory pages ]A guild history with reasons for departure
          The reason(s) you have chosen to apply to this guild
          Warcraft Logs
          UI screenshots or fraps/Stream footage

Contact Information
      Shadaka (GM)
      Real ID:Shadak#1881

Aerivore (Recruitment Officers)
      Real ID:  Aerivore#1581

Sovm
      Real ID: Sov#1192
    • By lacriminal
      Hey dear fury friends,
      i always used Azshari Salad, as my buff food for the tempo buff. Now as mastery pulls ahead of haste in the stat weights, i asked myself whether i should just use the Nightborne Delicacy Platter for a flat mastery buff, while maintaining around ~27% Haste.

I read the guide from Archimtiros, and i think both buff foods are fine, but do u switch your buff food at a certain point? Or is it depending on the encounter (single target vs. multiple targets)?

Greetings lacriminal