FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Volo

Disc - Mastery > Crit?

Ask Mr. Robot will tell you to do what you tell *it* to do. In this case, if you follow their standard stat weights you will get crit. If you edit to custom stat weights and place mastery above crit to match icy-veins you will get what you are looking for. I am not number-savvy enough to tell you the exact weights to input; I just went in order according to the IV guide. Hopefully someone more proficient in the theorycraft could provide better precise custom stat weights.

I'll echo the same:

AMR can be augmented as things in game change.  During early beta Crit was king for Disc, just like it was for SoO.  After the last month of Beta brought about the flat buff to the specialization, Mastery took over.  It wasnt blatantly obvious until logs started being thrown all over the forums of every WoWsite of PWS hogging all of the casts and killing other healers on meters.  AMR just has not been updated.  Mastery is the way to go and any site that is kept up to date (ex: Forums not 6.0 guides) will support it.

• Like 1

Both sites are wrong. Your basic stat priority goes:

Int>mastery>multistrike>crit>versatility with haste and spirit somewhere in between depending on your mana economy.

If you want to figure out exact weights, Myllior produced a magnificient spreadsheet and is working with adinne to update HealCalc

Edited by Espiee
  • Like 1

Both are wrong. Your basic stat priority goes:

Int>mastery>multistrike>crit>versatility with haste and spirit somewhere in between depending on your mana economy.

If you want to figure out exact weights, Myllior produced a magnificient spreadsheet and is working with adinne to update HealCalc

Both sites*

And to add, Myllior is where I went to for stat weights for Holy and Disc

Both sites*

And to add, Myllior is where I went to for stat weights for Holy and Disc

Right both sites biggrin.png

AMR can be augmented as things in game change.  During early beta Crit was king for Disc, just like it was for SoO.  After the last month of Beta brought about the flat buff to the specialization, Mastery took over.  It wasnt blatantly obvious until logs started being thrown all over the forums of every WoWsite of PWS hogging all of the casts and killing other healers on meters.  AMR just has not been updated.  Mastery is the way to go and any site that is kept up to date (ex: Forums not 6.0 guides) will support it.

I'd still remain skeptical of AMR's default weights, were they to update them. One of their options for holy goes like this:

Intellect                 2.00
SpellPower                1.80
Spirit                    1.20
CriticalStrike            1.10
Multistrike               1.00
Haste                     0.90
Mastery                   0.80
Versatility               0.70

With this reasoning:

Place a cap on Spirit at the level you are comfortable with. Not many people like Crit on a Holy Priest. Mr. Robot included this build because Crit is unfairly discriminated against by the theorycrafting community. On average, it is actually a good throughput stat. It could work.

That's an incredibly biased and void reason to include a set of stat weights. Not to mention the weights are wrong.

They have also historically been off. They didn't include a crit/mastery build for discipline until late into tier 16 when their error was blatantly pointed out over on http://howtopriest.com, it was however attached with a note, a note still on it, that showed they clearly misunderstood what was said to them

Edited by Espiee

I'm sorry if I appear lazy, but can I have a td:lr on what stats are the most important for Discs?

is it still Mastery > Multistrike > Crit?

Im not sure why multistrike seems so important. it's a bit odd since we rely on shields.

Yes that is still correct.  MS is barely ahead of Crit, for all purposes you can treat them equally.  MS effects your shields, thats why it shows up in our weights that high

• Like 1

For my personal play style i calculated my own stat weights.

I ended up with Int>Spirit(until comfy)>Mastery>Haste(Until comfy)>Multistrike>Crit>Vers

Haste is a great throughput stat even for disc as it lowers the GCD and your BT will benefit from increased haste. Take caution tho as increased haste means you will burn mana faster. Crit is currently below multistrike because EAA devalues crit while promoting multistrike.

I have a feeling that once crit is available on gear in very large amounts we will go back to a Master>=Crit build depending on the fight.

What is popping up more often now is:

INT - 1

SPower - 0.9

Mast - 0.7

MS - 0.5

Crit - 0.47

Haste - 0.35

It's been working well for me for a while now.  Playstyle dependent ofc.

INT - 1

SPower - 0.9

Mast - 0.7

MS - 0.5

Crit - 0.47

Haste - 0.35

I'm probably just going to push to get another hit of penance out and stop there. Got the 2pc atm and its amazing. 115k per penance plus DA is pretty nuts.

INT - 1

SPower - 0.9

Mast - 0.7

MS - 0.5

Crit - 0.47

Haste - 0.35

Gwen, are you setting any kind of spirit cap? Or just taking that as it comes and dealing with trinkets as their own special thing?

Gwen, are you setting any kind of spirit cap? Or just taking that as it comes and dealing with trinkets as their own special thing?

Yup, you got it correct. I don't assign spirit a value b/c I am one of those horrid "drop it until it feels right" healers.  Most often I use EBC and Hourglass 3/3, plus the Legendary Ring has spirit.  My other ring has had Spirit on it since the beginning of Highmaul but my Neck and Back have been off an on as I get upgrades.  I always just take the higher iLVL b/c of the higher INT and don't factor in the Spirit on those two pcs at all.

Yes that is still correct.  MS is barely ahead of Crit, for all purposes you can treat them equally.  MS effects your shields, thats why it shows up in our weights that high

Just wanted to clarify, this is only the case for your pure absorbs.

Your spells can be broken down to three overarching categories: Absorbs, direct heals/including atonement) and direct heals under the effect of Empowered Archangel.

Your absorbs on the other hand does not interact with DA at all, so multistrike and crit keep their natural relation -- that they are for all intents and purposes identical. You do have a critical strike attunement, but diminishing returns make multistrike slightly more desirable early on and crit slightly more desirable as we get into later tiers. But you should simply treat these as being equal unless you're heavily into min-maxing your character.

Direct heals strongly favor critical strike over multistrike. A critical strike will create a divine aegis shield that further scales with mastery, making each crit much bigger than your multistrikes.

Your direct heals affected by EAA on the other hand receive zero benefit from crit since they are already guaranteed the critical strike. Multistrike on the other hand still scales as it does normally with these casts.

Ultimately this means your choice of spells greatly influence whether crit or multistrike is better than the other, or whether they are equal. Since absorbs are your predominant source of healing, your direct healing spells and EAA both are minorities, but the casts under EAA and their shields usually end up being 8-15% of your total healing which pushes multistrike ahead of crit by a fair margin.

• Like 3

Your spells can be broken down to three overarching categories: Absorbs, direct heals/including atonement) and direct heals under the effect of Empowered Archangel.

Your absorbs on the other hand does not interact with DA at all, so multistrike and crit keep their natural relation -- that they are for all intents and purposes identical. You do have a critical strike attunement, but diminishing returns make multistrike slightly more desirable early on and crit slightly more desirable as we get into later tiers. But you should simply treat these as being equal unless you're heavily into min-maxing your character.

Direct heals strongly favor critical strike over multistrike. A critical strike will create a divine aegis shield that further scales with mastery, making each crit much bigger than your multistrikes.

Your direct heals affected by EAA on the other hand receive zero benefit from crit since they are already guaranteed the critical strike. Multistrike on the other hand still scales as it does normally with these casts.

Ultimately this means your choice of spells greatly influence whether crit or multistrike is better than the other, or whether they are equal. Since absorbs are your predominant source of healing, your direct healing spells and EAA both are minorities, but the casts under EAA and their shields usually end up being 8-15% of your total healing which pushes multistrike ahead of crit by a fair margin.

TY so much as always sir!

Very valuable information. In SoO my disc priest was my main. I switched to Resto druid in WoD and enjoying it. I've been gearing my disc priest and was using atonement healing in SoO.

Now I'm not so sure how to proceed in a raid. In dungeons atonement combined with aoe heals work decently. But how does that relate to a raid? I'm curious about your playstyle.

Kind regards

Edited by Destiny1979