FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Deimosphobos

Two Month Hiatus, Quick Question

Hey All,

took a short leave right before WOD dropped, now Im back and ready to get back to setting things on fire!!!

ok so i have been skimming here and there for research concerning lock DPS from the specs, i can get a real solid answer, so ithought id ask the Pros

can Destro remain competitive in T17 enviorment

is Blackrock Foundry suited for Destro more than the others

should i just stop crying and l2p Demo,

do i have to take the simcraft readings with a grain of salt cuz destro scales oddly

any help here would be grand

Thanks

Deimosphobos

Hey All,

took a short leave right before WOD dropped, now Im back and ready to get back to setting things on fire!!!

ok so i have been skimming here and there for research concerning lock DPS from the specs, i can get a real solid answer, so ithought id ask the Pros

can Destro remain competitive in T17 enviorment

is Blackrock Foundry suited for Destro more than the others

should i just stop crying and l2p Demo,

do i have to take the simcraft readings with a grain of salt cuz destro scales oddly

any help here would be grand

Thanks

Deimosphobos

Yes

Not sure haven't looked yet.  If there are a bunch of fights where you kill lots of small adds frequently and can cleave the boss, then yes

To top the meters yes.  To have fun?  Nah.  Plenty of Destro locks out there.  If you're not pushing server first content then play whatever you enjoy most.

I don't know about scaling oddly, but you should always take it with a grain of salt.  Simcraft gives a good idea what your max possible damage is but don't always reflect what individual fights do. 

I can't speak for BRF as I haven't looked into that yet but check out the logs for Highmaul if you haven't yet. 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/6/#dataset=90&aggregate=amountChange around the bosses and difficulty level to what is more relevant to you. Of course like Taliesin pointed out this does not show the spread of damage and whether the class burst in the appropriate places. 

The issue with Destro in my opinion is its low mobility as soon as you get a moderate or above fight then it's bye bye numbers. If you have looked into BRF how many are we heading around like headless chickens? Also Destro seems actually lower on ST to begin with...

I guess it depends on whether you value fun (playing Destro) or numbers (playing the best spec for that fight) more highly. For me higher numbers=more fun hence I have been bouncing around all specs (well at least until the Demo hotfixes). There sometimes is a need though for say higher burst on an add which Destro seems to excel at so it will all depend on your raid group as well. 

i appreciate the info, Destro is my most comfy spec, and honestly i would probably do horribad DPS with the other two, im not objecting to learning and mastering the other two as i have for destro...my guild this expansion is taking raiding pretty serious so whatever they need in terms of DPS and raid comp will be ok with me, Progress matter to me, I finished last expansion with a 577 ilvl, maybe not a big deal, but for me it was lol

also i was skimming over the Destro guide, as far as the trinkets go, are CC and SP still the leading trinkets to use, just curious