FORUMS
Haushenka

Surv / MM Testing

So, I have been doing some pretty rigorous testing, and spent a lot of gold on rerolling stats. Following rotations and swapping talents just to see the differences. It seems that MM is still able to beat out survival as far as DPS is concerned. With Survival, I can settle at around 21k, with MM I settle at 26.

Doing some reading Ive found that roughly 26k is where I should be per my iLevel, which is currently 651. Not sure why Survival isnt able to pack quite as much of a punch as MM can, but if anyone has any idea, please share with me here. It is somewhat frustrating that no matter what I do or follow, I cannot seem to break 21k in that spec, when I can do it easily in the other =/

So, I have been doing some pretty rigorous testing, and spent a lot of gold on rerolling stats. Following rotations and swapping talents just to see the differences. It seems that MM is still able to beat out survival as far as DPS is concerned. With Survival, I can settle at around 21k, with MM I settle at 26.

Doing some reading Ive found that roughly 26k is where I should be per my iLevel, which is currently 651. Not sure why Survival isnt able to pack quite as much of a punch as MM can, but if anyone has any idea, please share with me here. It is somewhat frustrating that no matter what I do or follow, I cannot seem to break 21k in that spec, when I can do it easily in the other =/

I've approved this post this time, however you need to confirm your email and complete the sign up process.

With lower gear you have way less multi-strike, meaning survival loses a lot of viability. I'd be willing to bet that is the main issue, however I can't see your armory.

Another thing is that the way that you posted doesn't give me anything to go on. You provided no armory, no logs, simply just said that you have this ilvl and are doing this damage. This doesn't help determine if it's a playstyle issue or a gear issue. SV is very reliant on Multstrike and at 651 there is only so much you can get on gear. 

If you are testing this on a target dummy, then you are looking at 100% Careful Aim uptime, meaning all of your Aimed and Steady Shots are getting +60% Crit chance, which is MASSIVELY skewing your results in favor of MM.  Even with ~33% crit (easily obtainable right now) you are looking at 93% crit rate for AS and SS, meaning that, on average, 93% of your AS will return 20 focus, which will do wonders for skewing damage higher than it really should be.

Sorry about that, heres my armory link:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Haushenka/simple

And I clicked the activation link that came with the email O.o Ill check it again though. Also, where would I be able to pull the damage logs out of game, or do I need a separate program to do that?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/upload/

Just wanted to let you know you're using a tanking cloak. You'd be better off with a 640 crafted cloak than that thing.

Just wanted to let you know you're using a tanking cloak. You'd be better off with a 640 crafted cloak than that thing.

Yeah, that one I knew. I would go crafted but I am 3/3 on those =/ Blizz definitely isnt doing themselves any favors with the new profs and all the gates/limits.