FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
hydrazell

Simcraft ruined my dps!

Frost 2h

Ive been fine without using any simming on my chars for years but i thought i would try it 2 optimize my dps for once. So currently im at ilvl 654 and ofc the sim says with my current gear setup that stat pri is str-ap-haste-ms-mastery-versa. I do about 20k dps on 3min bossdummy tests, and ive done em loads of time. This is without any buffs,flasks,potions, not popping army. I usually do the tests only with horn and ofc what dps cd frost brings 2 the table. My problem is i did the same dps and dmg i did 10-15 ilvls ago before i even started using sim. Back then i focused on str-ms-versa-mastery and haste being at the bottom. 

Ive tried both haste/ms enhcants but the sim keeps telling me, NO go haste and haste is currently at 2,27 and ms comes out on 1,87. Why is this? is the sim trolling me or am i just getting worse and worse when my gear supposedly is getting better and better:P 

I do rock the same weapon i did back then, 645 so maybe cus of not having a weapon uppgrade thats the biggest issue. If u bother 2 read this look me up on armory and gimme some pointers. The gear im wearing is what i have and cant change much stat wise.

Thx for any response

Generelly you're looking for: Haste > Multistrike, until you cap (which is about 1k = 30-40%). Then it's Multistrike > Haste.

You obviously got way too much Haste, I'd suggest you to re-enchant to Multistrike.

And yes, you most definitly need a better weapon, as fast as possible. This will increase your damage by a lot.

I recommened to grind your way to the ilvl 660 PvP weapon (or gear, for that matter) and bonusroll on Koragh and Imperator.

well ye i thought i had 2 much haste, but basically i had all multistrike enchants etc. I changed it one by one when i saw that the sim kept giving me higher dps the more haste i went.

Haste is also inherently a little bit better in sims than it is in game, because the sim always does a perfect rotation and reacts to everything perfectly. more haste means more killing machine procs, and the sim isn't going to accidentally use those on frost strikes like you may, and the sim will never completely cap runes while moving.

Not that I'm saying haste is bad, It is our best stat to a point, but the point where haste drops in value for a player is going to be a little bit lower than where it drops off in sims.

around 800-1000 haste seems to be optimal, after that I would definitely start going for primarily multistrike.