FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gabraham

Priest DPS falling off

So I'm a 660 shadow priest and i start most fights bursting about 30k+ but then fall off extremely hard very shortly into the fight

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/usercalendar/26705here are my logs

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Veniversum/simplethis is my armory

I've looked up and down at different rotations and specs and nothing seems to have a lasting effect

Yes im sure there are plenty of mistakes in my logs but if we could keep the criticism pg rated and helpful i would be very appreciative. 

Any more required info i would be more than happy to provide.

For starters get rid of Mind Harvest, it is horrible and gimps your dps severely.

Secondly, you don't seem to be dot weaving. Straight spamming MS between MB casts will result in a drop in dps. The rotation in the guide is just a basic one, head over to howtopriest which is linked in the guide for a more detailed explanation of what rotation you should be running.

Thirdly, make sure you're dotting up secondary and tertiary targets. You seem to be tunnelling as you're casting little to no dots. For example, on Mar'gok just as the Aberration is spawning dot up Mar'gok, then switch over to the add and burn it down. This keeps steady dps on the boss while allowing you to focus on the add. Also has the added bonus of the dots ticking for more once you gain Twist of Fate when the add drops below 35%. Every little bit helps.

Keep in mind shadow dps is mainly back ended to the execute phase. Hold off on potting until SW:D is active and then move into a dotless rotation. You should pretty much be able to maintain DP on the target while burning MB and SW:D on cooldown.