FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
mistchi

MW monk help

So far as your healing the main thing really is your RJW is way too low on your healing. You've wasted a lot of chi as well which you can see here

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/pJR1xryCnZDb6A78#fight=4&type=resources&spell=112

The breakdown of your spell list looks correct aside from the RJW. I'd put your below average numbers down to poor trinkets & bad itemisation. Your haste and mastery are way too high.

Our exact weights are

Int 1.85

Spell Power 1.68

Spirit 1.65 (Possibly going to go much higher in 6.1 with mana tea change)

Multistrike 1.09

Crit 1.01

Vers 0.91

Haste 0.55

Mastery 0.38

So if you multiply the stats on each item by their stat weight you come up with a weight for each item, highest number wins simple as that.

To give one extreme example the legs & head that I have http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/grim-batol/Unique/advanced

are better than the mythic head/legs in highmaul and they have 20-25 ilevels less int on them. Haste and mastery is literally that vomit for us.

Heres a log from Imp from me https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/YPvnFVXACKMH7rfc#type=healing&source=276

Basically what you're pressing is more or less the same, but your numbers are much smaller and my best guess is thats down to your poor itemisation on gear in my opinion (and wasted chi).

I think the main reason i don't cast RJW alot is because huge mana cost. I also had a feeling trinkets would be a small reason. For helm and legs I guess I could run the  pvp helm and legs.  But idk what I should do about the wasting chi part

Edited by mistchi

I think the main reason i don't cast RJW alot is because huge mana cost. I also had a feeling trinkets would be a small reason. For helm and legs I guess I could run the  pvp helm and legs.  But idk what I should do about the wasting chi part

You need to start thinking of 1 chi spent = 1% mana return. And 1 chi wasted as 1% mana lost. Which is what it is @ 0% crit. So if you waste 35 chi that's minimum 35% of a mana pool wasted. But in reality it's slightly more perhaps 40% due to crit.

You can stop wasting chi by not capping it simple as that. The only times you'd ever really need to waste chi would be an emergency surging or RJW where the global just cant wait. Aside from that you shouldn't be sitting on 4 chi for more than 1 global cooldown.

Also power strikes is the best choice for throughput this tier.

Chi Brew = 2 Chi & 1 mana tea (4%) per minute. Each chi is worth 1% mana so thats 6% total mana return per minute.

Power strikes = 4 Chi per minute & 4% mana per minute

Both give increased mana return with crit. 

Ascension has a niche value on short fights.

If you manage your chi better you'll have the mana pool to maybe get 10 RJW's off on a 10 minute fight like imperator.

Aside from that you just really need to improve your itemisation. Some of the PvP gear is great & these BoE's are Bis until BRF Mythic: Everburning Candle, Supple leggings of the savage (@665) & Torias Preserverence. But lots of the other "of the savage gear" is extremely good too.

If damage is low. You conserve mana by generating chi slowly. Not by generating it normally and then not spending it.

You've got 2 sets of spells essentially and they're at different stages in the mana recycling process we have.

Spells that generate chi and cost mana: ReM, Surging, RJW, Expel Harm

Spells that cost chi & 0 mana but generate mana tea: Uplift, Enveloping

So just be aware that if you're trying to save mana, the 2nd set of spells are not what you slow down on. Capping chi wastes mana. What you maybe need to do is manage you chi generators better. In order of mana efficiency its Expel Harm > ReM > Surging > > > RJW. So if things are chill just soothing and expel harm

Mana Consumers/Chi generators -> Chi Consumers/Mana Tea Generators -> Mana Tea. 

So TL;DR is you're bottlenecking that process which means less output and less mana return. Fistweaving on pull is another great way to build up mana and if you want to know the most mana efficient way to do that you can check a forum post I made here

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/10043-mw-fistweaving-section-could-use-an-update/

The details in the guide on IV aren't very good

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/a7ZfBLmJbvA2rx6R#fight=24&type=healing

This is an update log we killed imp again took ur advice didnt waste nearly as much chi , i didint get as many RJW in as i wanted to but alot more than previous attempts. TY ALOT smile.png

Np, your healing is looking much nicer there. Can't really fault anything in that log. Get your gear sorted and you should be topping that meter

Haven't played my monk a lot this expansion and now that I am trying to again I am finding conflicting things about what stats I should be looking for.  The guide on this Icy-veins doesn't even list spirit as an option while ask mr.robot has it as the 2nd stat behind intell.  and now I see you saying it is 3rd behind intell and spell power.  How do I know which one to follow?

For my 5pence worth, if you can get the 'everblooming frond' item from garrison tavern quests, and you won't need to worry about mana again I have found its so good you can just worry about mana in fights rather than after fights and regenerating whilst out of combat.

Hello guys, I need some help. I have been a mistweaver since Mop, and up until now i have been doing fairly well. I had a few issues in Highmaul, but nothing major. But now in the new raid i am struggling heavily. I know i am still learning some of the mechanics and have died to it. But when i am alive and healing i feel that somethign is off. I am wondering if it's i do not have enough crit/multistrike, or if i am doing something wrong. Here is a log from some normal fights we did. 

Here is a log from one of our nights. 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/YVXFzBwAbPNa81vk#type=healing&boss=-2

Also here is an armory link for my toon 

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Jadedmists/simple

Please be gentle, but could use some help.