FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sargerik

looking to improve

this is my log from our Ko'ragh kill from last night I'm pretty pleased with the numbers I pulled but id love to see where I could improve . Also on the logs are our wipes on Imperator and our 1st kill of heroic Kargath . Although I'm posting my logs from those three bosses im really just concerned about Ko'ragh and Imperator at the moment....

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xXBzhvJyPbTwkLc6/#fight=5

my armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/elune/Sarger%c3%ack/simple

SS and BA uptimes look good, looking at focus capping, you do so a couple of times.  Remember to try not to cast FS anywhere above 40 focus, as that will waste some of the focus gained.  Another thing is that Glaive Toss isn't really worth using on any fight besides Butcher, and even then you don't use it too much.  Barrage is much better just for the AoE that is present (use it to do burst damage on the anomalies for example)

So would barrage be used as say a filler and heavy add fights (tectus ,ko'ragh,imperator) when nothing else to cast as in no thoth procs , es ,ba, amoc are on cd and im fine with focus because I tend to use it a lot and I end up focus starved and ba coming off cd so I end up delaying it to fs myself back , which was why I switched to gt as I seem to have a more seamless play style

So would barrage be used as say a filler and heavy add fights (tectus ,ko'ragh,imperator) when nothing else to cast as in no thoth procs , es ,ba, amoc are on cd and im fine with focus because I tend to use it a lot and I end up focus starved and ba coming off cd so I end up delaying it to fs myself back , which was why I switched to gt as I seem to have a more seamless play style

Lone Wolf uses Barrage on 2+ targets when everything on cooldown, no TotH, serpent sting doesn't need refreshing on all targets, and you have spare focus. This happens very rarely, and because Barrage itself is a minor DPS increase, I think of it as trying to proc TotH with Barrage. The limiting factor here is focus, and the time you need to spend casting Cobra Shot to get it back. 

Focusing Shot has much more free focus, so these situations should happen more commonly, but I haven't actually tested if casting Barrage would be a DPS gain even when TotH is present. 

well I would assume that when a toth proc is present AS would take priority over say Barrage or Glaive toss but my question was more of when should I be using barrage when spec'd into it on a cd basis or do I hold off on using it till when mobs >1

well I would assume that when a toth proc is present AS would take priority over say Barrage or Glaive toss but my question was more of when should I be using barrage when spec'd into it on a cd basis or do I hold off on using it till when mobs >1

For Single Target, pretty much never.  For multi target: with FS, on cd, or close to it, with LW, when you can afford to do so without loosing out on BA, ES, SS.