FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
huggstah

(Discussion) Spec and talents per poss

So as the title might suggestion looking for other people's talent choices per boss and also specs they are playing

Myself I'm relatively new to death knight so I'm just looking for other people's talent choices so here we go

Bladefist

(Going up) Necroplague, Blight

(Down) Defile , Leach

torn between blood tap and tunic curruption Uh

Butcher

Defile-plague leach- tunic corruption Uh

Tectus

Defile-plague Leach-Blood tap Uh

Brakenspoore

Defile-plague Leach-Blood tap Uh

Twins

Necroplague, Blight- Blood tap Uh

Koragh

Defile-plague - Blood tap Frost

Imperator

Defile-Plague-Blood Tap Uh

As I said I'm probably wrong on a lot of these but just want to know how you guys are doing it I'm usually ranking within top 80+percentile

I've been mostly playing Frost - Defile, Leech, glyphed outbreak for everything.

I've been doing some switching back and forth between blood tap and runic corruption though to figure out which I like best. I'm leaning towards blood tap mostly because I'm often generating blood (death) runes too quickly since they're always used last it makes it difficult to sit on 1 obliterate incase I get a KM proc. having the occasional single death rune from BT helps a lot to keep one of the blood (death) runes always cycling, without using both of them.

I'd like to play unholy some more, but I sometimes have to tank, so spec'ing frost/unholy is a hassle. and since I like and play Frost a lot better currently, I'd rather spec frost/blood than unholy/blood because I wouldn't be able to switch if I"m under performing in unholy.

I'm a massive fan off unholy , I think I'm going to be trying to play necroplague on most fights , I think in blackrock it will stand apart from defile and plague leech . I'll get back you with logs when I can (just started imperator so might not have any logs on it until brf)

This is how I spec:

Kargath

Down: Defile-Leech-Blood Tap

Up: Necrotic Plague-Unholy Blight-Runic Corruption

Butcher

Defile-Leech-Blood Tap

Tectus

Necrotic Plague-Unholy Blight-Runic Corruption

Brackenspore

Twins

Ko'ragh

Imperator:

I've used both Necrotic Plague-Unholy Blight-Runic Corruption and Defile-Leech-Blood Tap. If you go with necroblight, take glyph of outbreak (especially useful on this fight). Haven't tried it on the other fights, so I don't know how it performs. 

If anyone's interested in the numbers, logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/z9BnJK4gPTVZtQjk#fight=9

armory:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sylvanas/Anf%C3%A1uglith/simple(i know it's a different name/realm, but we recently transfered)

Edited by Anfauglith

My personal preference has  always been frost DW, though admittedly it is weaker than it's sister specs atm for pretty much everything. PL+Defile is a necessity for it and I have managed to do decently enough on add encounters like Tectus and cleave stuff like Twins/Brackenspore.

On that note why specifically is DW frost so low in single target ? I've played it since wrath and it's never felt like such a struggle before. At 660 I can barely manage 25 k on butcher.(I realize that is anecdotal and not statistically relevant but the sims suggest the same thing and you have to go pretty far down the list of top frost parses to find a DW.)