FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cardio33

Cardio's Demonology Self Analysis Thread

Greetings all!  I decided to track my weekly raids (mythic/heroic) and see what I can do to better improve my play.  I figured why not share it with this forum to open it up to everyone.  Feel free to provide tips or criticism.  I'll update this thread with my most recent logs and self-analysis of my performance.

Currently I'm 665 ilevel using Copeland's Clarity and I'm usually in the 75th-90th percentile on most content.  I definitely want to improve my play on Tectus and Imperator.

Will post raid logs from tonight later, doing heroic Imperator:

Something I fucked up on last Butcher kill was messing up Hand of Gul'dan stacking.

I initially used a charge to prevent myself from capping, as about 10s later I was going to pot and dump everything and wanted the 2 stack to line up with that.

Unfortunately at that point we had knock back and someone died, and during all this (I rebuffed Dark Intent) I missed my window to HoG stack, so I waited again for the next time.

Unfortunately he was in Frenzy already by this point, and again knockback came and I missed my timing.

Terrible, terrible play, and will be aiming to break 40k next raid providing half the raid doesn't die again!

• Like 1

Something I fucked up on last Butcher kill was messing up Hand of Gul'dan stacking.

I initially used a charge to prevent myself from capping, as about 10s later I was going to pot and dump everything and wanted the 2 stack to line up with that.

Unfortunately at that point we had knock back and someone died, and during all this (I rebuffed Dark Intent) I missed my window to HoG stack, so I waited again for the next time.

Unfortunately he was in Frenzy already by this point, and again knockback came and I missed my timing.

Terrible, terrible play, and will be aiming to break 40k next raid providing half the raid doesn't die again!

I'm definitely goofing up HoG stacking a lot at these low haste levels.  I try to do too much between the 1st and 2nd cast that I miss the two stack altogether.

Heroic Imp kill last night:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/hQbT3X64mx8AWkzf#fight=12&type=damage-done&source=144

Basics are fine, 

95% doom uptime, 92% corruption, double potting, demonbolts inside dark soul, etc etc

47th percentile effort last night and I was at 83rd percentile the other week as destro so definitely have some work to do.

I'm debating dropping dark soul glyph, I know its standard with demonbolt specs but I don't like how it lines up with Copeland's.  Also seems like it would give me a bit more sustained burst on add phases.  Once I get reaver + mages loaded up with corruption + doom and have HoG rolling on small adds for fury generation, pop dark soul and go to town on Reaver.

Alright pulled some pretty nice numbers tonight.  33k heroic twins and 30k mythic twins.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mZbTt9wyF3jLDqgc#fight=12

Also had a solid attempt on Brackenspore and starting work on Tectus.  Too late/tired to analyze logs now so I'll look at them tomorrow but quick gear question.

I got heroic shards of nothing last night.  I'm currently using Copeland's and mythic runestone (661 ilevel).  Which two of the 3 would you guys go with?