Amygdalla

Mythic HM, Resto Shaman Help Needed (WC Logs)

Sign in to follow this  

10 posts in this topic

Hello all. wub.png

I would like some assistance if possible in regards to healing. It was brought to my attention by my healing team that I need to improve certain things. I have been following icy veins forums and other resources for a while and was told to come seek help due to my inability to perform well in certain encounters (Twins, Brackenspore). To get different perspectives from more experienced players in terms of statistics, etc. 

I understand that there is always room for improvement and I welcome positive criticism. I am not very good at understanding the Warcraft Log statistics and this is why I need someone who is good at that and resto shaman healing, to help me out.

I have been having a hard time during Mythic Twins and yesterday during Mythic Brackenspore progression (our first tries, and the logs havent been uploaded yet), everyone was expecting me to shine due to the nature of the encounter and the fact that resto shamans are supposed to be amazing in this encounter b/c of aoe heals.

While I understand that gear shouldn't hold me back, I am the lowest geared healer in our group atm- competing with a druid, holy priest, and 2 paladins who outgear me by 10+ ilvls is not easy especially when my SLT and HTT are reserved for specific infesting abilities. I dont expect these things to be a crutch, b/c i need to pull my own weight. I want to get better and fix what I am doing wrong. 

I went ahead and found some Weak Aura strings from Stoove's blog- and with notification for my HST, Healing Rain, Elemental Blast, Unleash Elements, I am sure it will help immensely (ps: I am having an issue with the Tidal Waves aura bc the CDs don't seem to be working properly, but that shouldn't be a problem bc I always make sure to have Riptide up at all times). Also, I know I am missing some enchants, but I am working on getting my new weapon and neck piece enchant before raid next week.

With that being said, I would really appreciate all the advise and help I can receive from all of you. So, here's my Armory Link and my guild's Logs of Tuesday.

Armory:

Thanks in advance. wink.png

wub.png Mojo

twins:

You cast chain heal 22 times but only generated 84 hits; you might consider glyph of chaining.  You're using healing surge an awful lot and while it's not overhealing a ton, it's still not a particularly efficient way to spend your mana.  My suggestion would be to lay off surge in all but emergency situations and use the mana savings on more chain heal and healing rain casts.  Your HST uptime was frankly quite bad; you could've dropped it twice as many times as you did, especially if you were using CotE.

brackenspore:

it's hard to really evaluate these since your raid isn't surviving very long, but it doesn't look like you're healing mushrooms much at all.  I assume you aren't assigned to do that, but you really should be.  If there's a job in highmaul that should absolutely be done by a shaman, healing up mushrooms is it.  It looks like most of the time you have a paladin doing it, which is really a waste of their abilities on this encounter too since the tanks need so much attention.

itemization: I get that they're expensive, but not having a weapon enchant is really inexcusable.  Upgrading your trinket is also expensive, but the hourglass is really good.  You're progressing in mythic, you need that intellect and regen.

You also might try gearing for more haste on twins; it provides the best bang-for-buck increase in throughput on the abilities you use to heal a spread out raid.  On the other hand mastery is pretty great on brackenspore, so.

Edited by Cheze
  • Like 2

• Gear: Enchant it
  • Talents/ Glyphs: Drop Glyph of Riptide, add Glyph of Chaining. Drop Elemental Mastery, add Ancestral Swiftness. Drop Totemic Persistence, add Call of the Elements.
  • Per last wipe log: You died to pulverize without using a healing tonic. You can boost your HPS by spending more mana afforded to you by using a channeled mana potion.
  • Your survivability would be greatly increased by using Astral Shift over Stone Bulwark. The best time to Astral Shift is for Pulverize while you're affected by Enfeebling Roar.
  • You cast Healing Wave 4 times in the last pull, Healing Surge is for EMERGENCIES (healing someone through 2+ Blaze stacks, saving a tank, topping off someone with Arcane Volatility right before Pulverize lands, healing someone through Wounded.
  • You didn't cast Unleash Life once, use this to boost Chain Heals, also I personally save it when pulverize is coming up to go superspeed ghost wolf.
  • Don't bother with Cloudburst Totem, it takes too much effort to make it good, just use High Tides.
  • Work on your Riptide uptime, 53% is extremely low, especially with Glyphed Riptide.
  • Get TellMeWhen and use Healing Stream on CD. I only delay it if literally everyone in the raid is at 100%.

Good luck, the best part of having lots to improve is that every single one of these will help your overall HPS, and with enough practice you've got nowhere else to go but up.

• Like 1

A bit more about the gear:

1. I see that you still didn't get your ilvl 690 Legendary ring. According to your Armory, you cleared Highmaul endless number of times already. Still didn't get 125 Stones?

2. Your bracers are low ilvl and have really bad secondaries - so are not worth to keep them even for Intellect. Why don't you craft bracers and roll them to BiS stats? Your current bracers are 645 ilvl so you will not lose anything, only gain.

You even don't need to have a leatherworking for the craft, only 2 lvl profession building in your Garrison, if you can't effort buying gear from AH.

3. No gem in your trinket. Even if you don't have money for +50 gem, +35 gem costs literally nothing (around 10 gold) - you should always keep your gear gemmed and enchanted.

You may be not lucky with the loot drops, but crafting and enchanting are in your own hands.

Logs:

In your Twins last attempt I see you using Spiritwalker's Grace only once - you don't cast on move? So I assume you don't use the Glyph of Spiritwalker's Focus too? I think that you should use this possibility to cast on move.

You can cast Ascendance twice during the fight, starting from the first Blaze - it's not assigned to specific event, right? Combine it with Spiritwalker's Grace to be sure that you're able to cast full time.

You didn't use UL at all. 

Having UF in talents, you have to use it on CD and with mouseover macro on injured person - it is a healing too, not a big one, but still better to use both of its abilities - direct healing and a buff.

I didn't see EB casts or Elementals either. So, whatever talent you chose in Tier 6 - you should actually use it.

The rest of things you were told already:
- very low uptime of Riptide (aim to 100%)
- very low uptide of HST (4 instead of 8)

- one CBT. If you are not sure how to use it, better to switch to HT.
- You used SBT only once. It's better to change it to Astral Shift and not forget to use it during the encounter.

I wouldn't be this imperative about your talents and spells choice like other guys here. The only thing that I do like to say - whatever talent you chose, make sure that you actually use it. If you are not using it properly, you'll never know whether it's good or bad for you.

Edited by Pandacho
  • Like 2

Pandacho's comments are pretty comprehensive. Nice to see you back, Amygdalla. :)

• Like 1

Thanks Stoove :)

Pandacho, I appreciate the feedback, for sure.

Thing about the gear..super unlucky with seal rolls/loot and my guild runs on RCLoot Council. Also, I'm pretty terrible with gold & things are super expensive (2k gold per enchant and the +50 gems/ weapon enchant was 9k) - im alchemy and herbalism. Been trying to make some gold with it selling flasks but most of the time I provide to the guild for raids (for free). I was finally able to get my stuff enchanted this weekend (YAY! biggrin.png ) and also picked up some buildings in my garrison that may help with some mythic mission drops if I get lucky. For crafting, those alts are still 90. I dont have much time to lvl them out. So, for now I have to make do with what I have. I know they aren't the best stats.

I can't dispute any of this. Even during the encounter I knew a lot of things were going wrong, mostly bc of being overwhelmed with so much movement. I wasn't happy for sure.

But I did some changes this weekend with what you all suggested and ran some normal HM to get used to the auras, and new macros. Trying to work on keeping up my Riptide/ UL uptime and HST on CD. Im also trying out EB.  I know one of the troubles I was having was managing timers between HST and CBT. So HT for sure. Going to also check out some replays in WClogs from some other shamans.

I raid tonight, so I will put all this into action and report back with results biggrin.png

Hi, Amygdalla!

I went through your logs and I have to say that you did a great work. The improvement is visible and undoubted.

There is always a place to improve more and to polish your skills, but I don't want to point at anything specific. In my opinion you are doing a very good work and now it's a time to get your current skills into muscle memory instead of adding more and more stuff :)

Have a good luck in raids!

• Like 1

Hi, Amygdalla!

I went through your logs and I have to say that you did a great work. The improvement is visible and undoubted.

There is always a place to improve more and to polish your skills, but I don't want to point at anything specific. In my opinion you are doing a very good work and now it's a time to get your current skills into muscle memory instead of adding more and more stuff smile.png

Have a good luck in raids!

Thanks, Pandacho! Feels good :D And I have you guys to thank for. <3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this