FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ChaiNspliT

Newest 6.1 PTR Patch Notes: NP and BoS buffs!

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/17561381/61-ptr-patch-notes-1-23-2015

It seems they're pushing the necroblight rotation further into viability:

"Necrotic Plage damage has been increased by 37%."

More so they're making a change to Breath of Sindragosa:

"Breath of Sindragosa no longer has an initial Runic Power cost."

If I'm not completely mistaken, 2H Frost is the only spec, that could take advantage out of BoS, since we're avoiding to cap/use RP (and therefore not to waste any KM procs on FS). This change looks quite insignificant for PvE, though. More a PvP thing, I assume.

In contrast, UH definitly has been buffed and made the whole discussion between UB+NP and PL+Defile even more complicated.

Edited by ChaiNspliT

a 37% buff to necrotic should definitely put it ahead of defile for UH. It may even make it viable in some situations for frost and blood. we'll have to do some testing with it.

Sindragosa still doesn't impress me even if we're getting 1 more tick out of it. if they want to make it viable they should keep the initial 15rp or maybe even increase the initial cost to 30 and then remove the cooldown and then if the no cooldown happens to make it too overpowered they can nerf it a little bit from there. but conversion isn't an OP healing option, so i don't see why BoS would be an OP dps option with no CD, but a high RP cost.

a 2 minute cooldown for an ability that's only even good under intense AoE makes it far too situational to be useful.

UPDATE: Skullflowers Blog simmed the buffed NP+UB against PL+Defile.

Basically, Necroblight is now equal in terms of ST with PL+Defile and exceeds by a margin, once we reach 2 and more targets.

It's important to mention, that Necrotic Plague will definitly perform a lot better than Defile, since it's a simple dot, which makes it failsafe in contrast to Defile. 

Guys, time to switch to Necroblight!

Source: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Bmw_9ZvCBNcD79APeHiZ3Nj-M1z1N2v28fqRlKmigO8/preview?sle=true&pli=1#

Edited by ChaiNspliT
  • Like 1

If we go for necrotic plague, what happens to plague leech? If we use plague leech at high necrotic plague tick it will be a dps loss, or?

You don't use PL with necrotic, you use unholy blight to get to 15 stacks FAST. So you apply necrotic with outbreak, pop unholy blight and don't let necrotic fall off until unholy blight is off CD, then rinse and repeat.

YOU ALL SAID I WAS CRAZY, YOU ALL SAID NECROBLIGHT WAS CRAPPY, WHAT NOW??!?! WHAT NOW?!?!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'll make sure to get my guide up tomorrow evening biggrin.png

@storm or really any high rank person here. How when typing how do I hotlink to the attack so you can see the tooltip when you move your mouse over it?

Edited by demonardvark

I guess we owe you one.smile.png

Anyway, I'm looking forward to an actual guide. I already got 2 question for you, which I'd love to get some answer on or you could eventually answer them in the course of your guide:

1a) How do you react to phases in which the boss disappears and you're faced with adds (let's say 1 min.). Do you simply apply your UB and let it spread - and therefore wait (in this case) 30 seconds to reapply quickly 15 stacks of NP to the boss OR do you hold UB back, until the boss appears?

1b) On Tectus. So your main target is Tectus (duh) and you've got so far, that he splits into 2 new big adds, we apply UB to the new main target. Said new main target splits into the obligatory 4 adds. Now the actual question: do we reapply (as UB gets off CD) one of the small adds and refresh the stacks on the next one or stay on the 2nd big add and let NP spread to the small adds?

2) Threshold for DnD? If at all?

I guess we owe you one.smile.png

Anyway, I'm looking forward to an actual guide. I already got 2 question for you, which I'd love to get some answer on or you could eventually answer them in the course of your guide:

1a) How do you react to phases in which the boss disappears and you're faced with adds (let's say 1 min.). Do you simply apply your UB and let it spread - and therefore wait (in this case) 30 seconds to reapply quickly 15 stacks of NP to the boss OR do you hold UB back, until the boss appears?

1b) On Tectus. So your main target is Tectus (duh) and you've got so far, that he splits into 2 new big adds, we apply UB to the new main target. Said new main target splits into the obligatory 4 adds. Now the actual question: do we reapply (as UB gets off CD) one of the small adds and refresh the stacks on the next one or stay on the 2nd big add and let NP spread to the small adds?

2) Threshold for DnD? If at all?

1a)  It varies honestly. Necroblight DPS is jawesome in all situations save for 1 aoe with UB on CD. The game here is to focus on applying outbreak to as many adds as possible and quickly using plague strike a couple times to help build the stacks. The goal comes down to about 5 on main add and however many you can outbreak on. This leads to the optimal amount of necrotic jumpage to try and hit 15 stacks as quick as possible. In these situations (partially answering 2) applying DnD is somewhat helpful.

The antithesis to this though, is how long are the adds going to stay alive? On imperator he summons adds and dissapears but he comes back usually with some adds up. So, you can pop UB then on the adds and just spread to boss when he comes back. 

2 mandatory glyphs are glyph of outbreak and glyph of tranquil grip. Tranquil lets you move adds around to optimize spreading, gorefiends is also very useful here too (just make sure tanks are aware biggrin.png)

1b) On full 15 stack necrotic plague AOE your rotation doesn't really change at all. You should focus on maintaining your stacks on one of the adds. If it falls off any of the others, it will jump from your main one back to them. Again death grip and gorefiends are great here.

2) DnD if UB is on CD and you are in a AOE situation. Otherwse your rune is better spent in other places. 

Edited by demonardvark

I have a question about the Glyph of Outbreak. Since PL is not good with NP, wouldn't the RP cost of Outbreak be better spent on Death Coils? I'd imagine it would only be truly useful once Dark Transformation is cast, which means it would be better when we get the T17 set bonuses.

I have a question about the Glyph of Outbreak. Since PL is not good with NP, wouldn't the RP cost of Outbreak be better spent on Death Coils? I'd imagine it would only be truly useful once Dark Transformation is cast, which means it would be better when we get the T17 set bonuses.

98% of the time yes, you want to be spamming death coil to proc runic corruption. Glyph of outbreak is there for the few times when you have a lot of adds but UB is on CD (or you want to save for boss). There you use plague strike, outbreak, and death grip / gorefiends together to try and build a 15 stack necrotic on one add as fast as possible. This rarely occurs and even then if its on something like trash who cares about dps its trash. However, on imperator you can run into add phases where you have UB on CD and need to nuke the adds.

TLDR, Glyph of outbreak is there only for 1 specific emergency situation that  you will probably never see.

i think plaguebearer is much better cuz u can rise stacks your necrotic plague, necrotic plague spreading to all nearby targets you dont need blood boil or smth else to spread it.

In the enterity of Highmaul, Glyph of Outbreak is only truely an option against Tectus and Imperator. Otherwise, you stay with your normal Outbreak.

And as far as I can see, there's no need for it in BrF, at all. Better don't worry too much about =).

i think plaguebearer is much better cuz u can rise stacks your necrotic plague, necrotic plague spreading to all nearby targets you dont need blood boil or smth else to spread it.

plague bearer gives one stack at a time over time, unholy blight immediately jumps you to 15 stacks which is a huge dps gain

In the enterity of Highmaul, Glyph of Outbreak is only truely an option against Tectus and Imperator. Otherwise, you stay with your normal Outbreak.

And as far as I can see, there's no need for it in BrF, at all. Better don't worry too much about =).

^This

glyph of outbreak is for the few and far between times where we need aoe and unholy is on CD

as frost death knight iam using glyph of outbreak with blood tap and plague leech rune reactivation rotation its pretty good thingy to reaply plagues and getting some blood charges.