FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
shaiten

Weapon effect on DPS

Hello all this is my first post and I just had a quick question. I run mostly Survival for the boss fights in Highmaul and am pretty happy with my DPS. My question is though is there a way to approximate how much DPS I am losing due to the low level of my weapon. Below is my armory.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hyjal/Shait%C3%A9n/simple

I guess what I'm asking is what kind of dps increase can I expect when I finally get a Heroic or Mythic Brackenspore bow. Thanks

That kind of thing is best done with simcraft. But you can get a very approximate number this way:

• multiply weapon DPS and agility difference by 5
  • multiply any stat difference by 2
  • calculate the sum and you'll get the DPS increase you'd get from upgrade
Edited by Iridar

Hello all this is my first post and I just had a quick question. I run mostly Survival for the boss fights in Highmaul and am pretty happy with my DPS. My question is though is there a way to approximate how much DPS I am losing due to the low level of my weapon. Below is my armory.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hyjal/Shait%C3%A9n/simple

I guess what I'm asking is what kind of dps increase can I expect when I finally get a Heroic or Mythic Brackenspore bow. Thanks

With that much MS I am questioning whether the Bow from normal will be much of an upgrade, if at all.

BM:

I sim'd a 400 dps increase for the normal bow, & 1k difference with epic

EDIT:  Figured out a way to put in SV

Current:  29.8k

Norm HM bow: 29.7k

Heroic HM bow: 30.3k

That is just how retarded MS is for sv.

Edited by Minigun

Man I was hoping for more of a jump from that :) 

Well soon as I get something I'll post if I see a difference or not since playing is a lot different that simming. I might post a log or 2 as well. I am pretty happy with my DPS overall but for some reason I just blow at dpsing imperator. I'll update in the next day or so. Thanks again for all the responses.

EDIT:  Figured out a way to put in SV

Current:  29.8k

Norm HM bow: 29.7k

Heroic HM bow: 30.3k

That is just how retarded MS is for sv.

so is it pointless to use all seals of tempered fate on brakenspore trying to get hm bow? (this is my armory if you like to check something: http://eu.battle.net/wow/it/character/nemesis/M%C3%ACssclick/advanced )

i killed brakenspore like 17 times using all 3 seals in the last 3 weeks :'( (still never dropped -.-")  

If the DPS gain is so small, probably the best thing to do is keeping seals for next raid.. What do you think guys?

Edited by Marth

Weapon DPS has relatively small effect on SV damage, since only abilities that scale with weapon damage are Arcane Shot and Multi Shot. But upgrading the weapon still is probably the highest value you can get from one item. 

Edited by Iridar

Do you think that is better to save seals for next raid or use them on weapon now?

Edited by Marth

Do you think that is better to save seals for next raid or use them on weapon now?

I see you're farming heroic, and you already have a 660 gun. Considering that seals have a low chance of actually dropping a piece of gear, it doesn't matter that much. Personally I'd save seals for Mythic raids, just for a hail mary chance to get a mythic item. 

I will wait for mythic or next raid than. Actually my huge problem is to find people to start mythic, in my guild we are about 10 people ready for it. we a re looking for another small guild with our same problem in Nemesis.

Thx for the advice btw :)

Edited by Marth

so is it pointless to use all seals of tempered fate on brakenspore trying to get hm bow? (this is my armory if you like to check something: http://eu.battle.net/wow/it/character/nemesis/M%C3%ACssclick/advanced )

i killed brakenspore like 17 times using all 3 seals in the last 3 weeks :'( (still never dropped -.-")  

If the DPS gain is so small, probably the best thing to do is keeping seals for next raid.. What do you think guys?

If you don't have anything else to use seals on, then it might be worth.   I guess it depends how far you are getting into mythic.

I bet I have used at least 10 seals on Heroic Brackenspore, and have never seen the bow.  Either I am really unlucky, or something is wrong.  Has anyone gotten this thing to drop via seal?

Edited by Minigun

I bet I have used at least 10 seals on Heroic Brackenspore, and have never seen the bow.  Either I am really unlucky, or something is wrong.  Has anyone gotten this thing to drop via seal?

I did, on our 2nd kill or something. Despite what people might want, seals are not a reliable source of gear. It's a small additional chance, nothing more. 

I did, on our 2nd kill or something. Despite what people might want, seals are not a reliable source of gear. It's a small additional chance, nothing more. 

Maybe I have just been stupidly lucky on other bosses then. 

Of all my gear I am currently wearing only 2 items actually dropped in the raid.  Everything else I acquired via seals, follower missions, pvp, and gold.

Edited by Minigun