FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Shampax

Resto Advice

Hello there!

I switch back and forth between healing and dpsing for my guild as needed for different fights. I've been struggling a bit with my healing for the past couple of weeks. I did some research by reading through this site and forums here as well as other places and making adjustments based on helpful information from various sources as well as taking into account my own play style. I feel a little bit better about my healing in a pug I did tonight, but I know I still have room for improvement (especially with CBT!)  I'd really appreciate if someone could take a look at things for me and let me know what improvements you would suggest! 

My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/shampax/simple

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/g4yR2LbCcNVfDXdx

I recently dropped EotE to try changing things up a little and I've been pretty happy thus far with the change but I'm definitely open to suggestions. Thank you ahead of time.

~ Shampax

Hi, Shampax!

First of all the standard stuff :) Try to cast HST and CBT on CD - use WA or other reminders for it.

I have a question for you: what talent do you use in Tier 6? From your logs I assume that it's Unleashed Fury (I didn't see any EB or Elementals in any fight). If you do use UF, you have to be sure to cast Unleash Life on CD, because UF is not a passive by itself - it buffs your UL casts: "Unleashed Fury empowers your Unleash Life, increasing the healing from your next single-target heal on that ally by 50%." From what I saw in your logs, you casted 2-3 UL during fights or did not cast it at all.

Hi Pandacho, that's strange that you didn't see any Elementals - I have Primal Elementalist and pop my Fire Elemental on CD. Thanks for looking my logs over :)

Hi Pandacho, that's strange that you didn't see any Elementals - I have Primal Elementalist and pop my Fire Elemental on CD. Thanks for looking my logs over smile.png

You linked your Ko'ragh log and I saw Fire Elem there, but was looking for Empower buff from it or Reinforce from Earth Elem. Didn't find either, so assumed that you used another talent because without activating these buffs you do not increase the healing by 10%.

I went now through all the fights and found one Empower on Kargath. Nothing on other bosses, no Reinforce too.

Am I wrong or do not see something?

I'm not sure - I know I pop it and I have my spells macro'd to use empower. I will admit I don't use the earth elemental as I forget about it. And I definitely need to use Weak Auras to maximize my HST.