FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kulia

Resto mana management

I capped my resto druid yesterday and I've been doing LFR and such since, I have as much spirit as I can get at the moment, I've also picked up the winged hourglass off the AH.

But, I still run OOM very fast even when I'm not spamming rejuv or using Wild Growth heaps. So how do you manage mana as a resto druid? Because I'm really confused as how to manage it properly. (if you need logs on what I'm doing and stuff lemme know and I'll jump back into LFR and grab some)

Yeah armory link & logs would help [LFR is strange log-wise though because everybody ignores mechanics so takes a ton of damage but all the healers snipe each other so overheal is crazy]

But tbh imo at lower ilvl you just dont have enough throuput/output, I've never even tried the WH [but the 3/3 looks super OP, just not wasting the gold on it] & just use the spirit weapon enchant, and spirit on neck/rings with static +INT Trinkets [& I have mythic DPS back so use that over spirit]

Edited by Brady84

Start with getting a spirit cloak and 2nd trinket.

Resto Druid is the hardest healer to play when it comes to managing mana. You will need all the spirit that you can get at this point.

Logs will be needed to evaluate further. :)

Start with getting a spirit cloak and 2nd trinket.

Resto Druid is the hardest healer to play when it comes to managing mana. You will need all the spirit that you can get at this point.

Logs will be needed to evaluate further. smile.png

Okay thank you. Yeah, working on the cloak, my priest is currently storing hexweave so I can make one *hopefully* with spirit on it and that'll happen in a couple of days. I was considering buying the spirit legendary cape until I get the WoD one, but I figured it's not worth the like 9k it'll cost me only to have a spirit cloak for a few days. I'll jump into LFR tomorrow and grab some logs, maybe even try get into a normal highmaul group as I managed to get my druid up to 631 via pvping in Ashran to get the nemesis quests done for the Gladiators Sanctum(I want the titles and I absolutely hate PvPing on anything but a resto druid for some reason). But I'll run a few heroics beforehand to try pick up a few pieces and hopefully a spirit trinket.

Run HC Dungeons for 630/636/Anything with a socket

If your going with crafted gear your better to sell the stuff you make and buy haste/mastery or haste/spirit mastery/spirit for back, the crafted ring you would be as well selling because it gives you very little stats per level [and the 1st boss in HM drops one] and buy the crafted shoulders/legs instead

Get the 680 Ring ASAP, & Replace the Back as it doesnt proc at 100 anyway, then enchant both rings/back/neck for 275 stats in mastery/haste

Depending on how much pvp you have been doing buy your 3 seals with honor points and use the conquest points you have left to buy either the weapon or the haste/mastery gear legs & chest i think

& carry food/250 flasks and mana potions with you all the time

Edited by Brady84

I got some logs of me trying to PuG through highmaul normal until I got sick of carrying an extremely undergeared shaman and opted to go do something else for awhile...

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vPRLW7xambkjnrCK/theres the logs. However, ignore the second Brackenspore wipe as I switched to DPS because we were carrying a DPS and we had nowhere near enough DPS to down it with the shaman doing 6kish. You may just wanna ignore Brackenspore fullstop as I was doing Flamethrowers anyway.

and here's armoury if you still need it: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/amanthul/Zaeypher/simple

nothings changed, no upgrades for me :(

(I get to replace my cloak tomorrow, so there is that, plus I'll finally have enough leather to craft an armour piece as well)

Cheers for the logs, Kargath is a nonsense fight so really hard to judge, butcher though is pretty much max HPS until you oom so gives you a good judge 

Ignoring Kargath because its all overheal, and verging on impossible to even have 20k HPS on normal/heroic unless your 2 healing or all standing in fire

Butcher - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vPRLW7xambkjnrCK/#fight=4&type=healing&source=5

Mushroom - Should have 100% uptime, manually placed, or on either group [9/10 casts, only had 6] so unless you pre-cast before pull there was 85s without one down, since everyone is stacked there will be minimal overheal

Also checking buffs etc - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vPRLW7xambkjnrCK/#fight=4&type=auras&source=5

Barkskin - 1 cast == 1min CD so can be used more but if your in ranged group you should prob only use it before the bounding cleave hits

Ironbark - 0 casts == 1min CD so just generally use it on the current tank

NS - 3 casts == could have got another 1 or 2 in but depends how long into the fight people took enough damage to make use of it

NV - 2 casts == used on pull to enable use later on which is good, but could have got another use out of it if used on CD

Harmony of 90% is pretty good, you want to aim for 100% and you were doing perfect until 3mins 40 [bar a 4s gap] where it dropped off for nearly 16s

Tranq - got used, and its a lot of overheal, but thats life, once you know how long roughly the fight will last you can time tranq better, e.g. in your situation with a 4min 30s or so fight you can tranq the first bounding cleave and it will be back off cd before the end of the fight 

Lifebloom is 94% - as close to 100% as possible pretty much there

WG/Rejuv - Use of WG is good, its not overhealing by a vast amount compared to everything else

Generally a good performance, nice use of spells/CD's, good uptimes on buffs, nice channelled mana potion before tw, and still finished the fight with mana, for your ilvl not much really you can complain about, it will just get better as you get more gear & experience

EDIT: If you use WeakAura's /wa then theres a couple of good "strings" to track lifebloom/harmony etc i'll look them out for you

Edited by Brady84

Cheers for the logs, Kargath is a nonsense fight so really hard to judge, butcher though is pretty much max HPS until you oom so gives you a good judge 

Ignoring Kargath because its all overheal, and verging on impossible to even have 20k HPS on normal/heroic unless your 2 healing or all standing in fire

Butcher - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vPRLW7xambkjnrCK/#fight=4&type=healing&source=5

Mushroom - Should have 100% uptime, manually placed, or on either group [9/10 casts, only had 6] so unless you pre-cast before pull there was 85s without one down, since everyone is stacked there will be minimal overheal

Also checking buffs etc - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vPRLW7xambkjnrCK/#fight=4&type=auras&source=5

Barkskin - 1 cast == 1min CD so can be used more but if your in ranged group you should prob only use it before the bounding cleave hits

Ironbark - 0 casts == 1min CD so just generally use it on the current tank

NS - 3 casts == could have got another 1 or 2 in but depends how long into the fight people took enough damage to make use of it

NV - 2 casts == used on pull to enable use later on which is good, but could have got another use out of it if used on CD

Harmony of 90% is pretty good, you want to aim for 100% and you were doing perfect until 3mins 40 [bar a 4s gap] where it dropped off for nearly 16s

Tranq - got used, and its a lot of overheal, but thats life, once you know how long roughly the fight will last you can time tranq better, e.g. in your situation with a 4min 30s or so fight you can tranq the first bounding cleave and it will be back off cd before the end of the fight 

Lifebloom is 94% - as close to 100% as possible pretty much there

WG/Rejuv - Use of WG is good, its not overhealing by a vast amount compared to everything else

Generally a good performance, nice use of spells/CD's, good uptimes on buffs, nice channelled mana potion before tw, and still finished the fight with mana, for your ilvl not much really you can complain about, it will just get better as you get more gear & experience

EDIT: If you use WeakAura's /wa then theres a couple of good "strings" to track lifebloom/harmony etc i'll look them out for you

Okay, cool thanks. Yeah, I use WA's. I made myself a little string to track things like Harmony, Mushroom being down and the CD of ToL and Tranq. But one for lifebloom would be great to have.

I agree, I should've used Ironbark on the tank, it would've made things a bit easier on the tank healing front. Yeah, that's what my one barkskin was used on - the bounding cleave - but I timed it poorly the first time and then it was out of sync when I went to use it on the next one and after that I just kinda... forgot about it. (I'm used to either being a disc priest with no defensive(outside of a damn glyph >.>) or a hunter who can't attack during their defensive, so I'm not used to having one that I can actually do stuff during). Thanks for this and when I get a bit more gear(planning to replace 620 PvP pieces via LFR/heroics today plus I finally get to replace my cape) and manage to PuG some more highmaul(as in more than just the first two bosses in like 5 hours >.>) I'll grab some more logs to see how much I've improved.