FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
stevvo

Sub noobery-requesting help/ with logs

As the title implies I am noobing sub pretty badly.  I spend alot of time on the training dummy and get great uptimes, stats etc but when it comes to the real thing my DPS suffers.  

I have some public logs if anyone can help.  I know that I should have higher uptimes on rupture.  I have seen other logs who are doing better with many more eviscerates than me.  It seems I am constantly refreshing and without that many extra points to evis with.  

I also know that When things start to go sideways in the raid my rotation suffers.  I know the opener is in discussion right now as of the recent hotfix.  Any help would be welcome.  I am a returning player who loved sub in the past and want to make it work again.

Thanks in advance

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1WaDFjwqpAM8kcTd#type=damage-done&source=5 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/k8YAZrpC3QfNH1mW#type=damage-done&source=1 

armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/Stevvo/advanced 

Edited by stevvo

Too much of your damage comes from BS and not enough from Ambush. I am not an expert on logs, but I'd say you are not using Vanish and not pooling energy before SD. 

Armory 404'd

You didn't cast Vanish at all, which will really help your Find Weakness uptime and therefore your damage. Your Rupture and SnD uptimes are also low, so improving those will benefit you a lot

I suggest getting a WeakAura to track them

Opener isn't really a discussion anymore - Garrote into Ambush spam is the best opener

Thanks for the replies. I have a couple follow up questions.

Concerning vanish. Should I chain it at the end of dance? I find when i try I'm low on energy. If I try to refresh and pool I end up starved for my next dance.

During sr should I always rupture even if it clips? I have been trying to but am wondering if amb/evis spam isn't better. Related question if I am in a dance and rupture or snd are running out should I refresh? I have been doing so and wonder if losing a bit of rupture or snd is worth it in sd or fw?

Thanks

Edited by stevvo

Vanish when FW is about to fall off. You should be pooling for it in similar fashion to how you pool for Dance - there's a sticky at the top that talks about this

Yes, you should always refresh SnD and Rupture when they're about to fall off. Only exception is if you're in the last second of Dance and have energy for Ambush - use the Ambush to get a longer FW, make sure Hemo is applied, and Rupture when you have 5cp

You should always try and refresh them before you go into Dance - so long as they're under 30% of their maximum duration, you won't lose any damage due to Pandemic