FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
imotheb

trouble shooting whit fury dps in MOP

hi i have been fury dps (TG) for all of cata and was always be able to put out some good competitive dps. But when MOP hits every thing seens to be changed. I try to follow the guide and dps rotation as good as posible but i can't put out some desent dps. There is some thing iam doing horrible wrong but i can't figuur out what that is.

Here is a log of a raid of us: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ndvnajza1txggm3f/

And my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/Imotheb/simple

Hope you can help me out whit what iam doing wrong and what i can do to improve my dps.

Greetz imotheb

I haven't read many logs and haven't much of a clue as how to properly decipher them so maybe someone else can but I do have a fury warrior at item level 476, a couple points behind you. I have a variety of dps classes and noticed that with melee, the weapons play a much bigger role in dps, obviously, as opposed to a caster. You could be equally geared as a caster and they can out-perform you if your weapons don't have the dps to keep up. I currently have a pair of those blacksmithing axes and they are not bad but even as I gain a little in gear I will not see anything substantial until I get purple weapons. Also it seems some of these fights are better if you are ranged. To click a target and fire without worry that the target moves one step helps a lot.

hi i have been fury dps (TG) for all of cata and was always be able to put out some good competitive dps. But when MOP hits every thing seens to be changed. I try to follow the guide and dps rotation as good as posible but i can't put out some desent dps. There is some thing iam doing horrible wrong but i can't figuur out what that is.

Here is a log of a raid of us: http://www.worldoflo...vnajza1txggm3f/

And my armory: http://eu.battle.net.../Imotheb/simple

Hope you can help me out whit what iam doing wrong and what i can do to improve my dps.

Greetz imotheb

This thread probably contains a lot of information that you will find useful :)

^ The above thread ends in the choice to move to Arms dps until you recieve better gear. While this may be a viable option, I believe the poster was looking for a way to improve his output while staying a dualwielding juggernaut which is commonly referred to as fury. One of the biggest things you need to understand is that the issues you are encountering are inherent of the class and spec you play. In other words, almost all other fury warriors are in the same boat as you. I was equally upset with my own results but found that by sticking with it, trying out new gemming strategies, swapping trinkets, TG vs SMF, etc I was able to improve myself dramatically as each new peice of loot was aquired. Just by collecting the Valor set from the reputations you should be able to pump out competitive numbers. I know this isn't the kind of answer our instant gratication-led generation works but its this simple: keep raiding, keep grinding, and wait. As the gear comes, your overall performance will improve. Fury is not broken, it is merely highly dependent on stats, as you increase your crit, mastery, and strength you will see the difference. Try to be patient and good luck!

May your rolls be high, your bags overflowing with gold, and your journey nothing less than epic.

^ The above thread ends in the choice to move to Arms dps until you recieve better gear. While this may be a viable option, I believe the poster was looking for a way to improve his output while staying a dualwielding juggernaut which is commonly referred to as fury. One of the biggest things you need to understand is that the issues you are encountering are inherent of the class and spec you play. In other words, almost all other fury warriors are in the same boat as you. I was equally upset with my own results but found that by sticking with it, trying out new gemming strategies, swapping trinkets, TG vs SMF, etc I was able to improve myself dramatically as each new peice of loot was aquired. Just by collecting the Valor set from the reputations you should be able to pump out competitive numbers. I know this isn't the kind of answer our instant gratication-led generation works but its this simple: keep raiding, keep grinding, and wait. As the gear comes, your overall performance will improve. Fury is not broken, it is merely highly dependent on stats, as you increase your crit, mastery, and strength you will see the difference. Try to be patient and good luck!

May your rolls be high, your bags overflowing with gold, and your journey nothing less than epic.

This is very true :D

And yes, as you get more gear and start getting into the 490s or so, you will be seeing dramatic improvements and start tearing it up as Fury.

• Like 1